Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kareem Jackson missing Arizona game for Funeral

How sad. May she RIP at least she saw him reach his dream of becoming an NFL player.

This seriously sucks. From the reports during camp, he's going to need all of the experience he can get in the preseason (as do all rookies). Every rep is going to help him get ready for week 1. Losing any of that time is going to hurt our team as a whole.

It does suck, and it sucks even worse for him, may she rest in peace. He can still get some good practice with saints, and dallas.

It does stink but I don't think he's worried about football over the loss of his grandmother nor am I. My sorrow is with him right now in this time of greef. Let him go and do what he has to do and get past this. He'll be ready to play next week in N.O. GO TEXANS

he will be missed but this gives Brice McCain some important reps, like to watch his progression. maybe he ends up starting season alongside Kareem?

You see McCain as starting material? Isnt he a bit small?

I think he is a bit smallish, but he played well at times last year. I doubt he'd be a starter in front of Quin and KJ, but he'll probably be our nickel. Molden or Reeves will be the dime.

In times like this, football comes second!

I have no doubt the Texans will take care of Kareem . They tend to understand these things which is the right thing to do .

As Bum Phillips used to say , you treat your team like family because you'll fight for your friends but you'll kill for your family .

I feel sorry for the young man, but he'll find football to be the distraction he needs. I was his age when one of my grandmothers was murdered in Killeen eighteen years ago. I was very thankful to have basketball at that time, and a heckuva support group in my team and staff.

I feel sorry for the young man, but he'll find football to be the distraction he needs. I was his age when one of my grandmothers was murdered in Killeen eighteen years ago. I was very thankful to have basketball at that time, and a heckuva support group in my team and staff.

Good Lord, was your grandmother in Luby's?

Found out today my mother-in-law is in late stage lung cancer. She's a real cool old lady, so it's tough today. This woman drove herself to Yellowstone Park a couple months ago, and tomorrow I will drive to Temple to say goodbye. Life is strange...

That must make it all the more difficult to deal with. I know it's been a while, but for what it's worth I'm sorry for your loss.

Ditto

Kareem may your grandmother RIP.

From a team stand point this could be a good thing as it relates to playing time. Molden should get alot of PT. They will be able to see how far Molden has made it back from his injury.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Molden can do. He's ultra talented.

I am not as worried about Jackson as a lot of people seem to be. For some reason to me, he never struck me as the completely instinct driven CB. From the footage I have seen and what I have read from some others, it seems he is purely well coached and studies hard before the games. Most of the big plays I saw him make were short plays and common routes, it seemed as if he knew what was coming and put himself into position to make a play. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that is a bad thing. He has the talents and if he keeps studying as he did in college, he will still make a fine QB. I just think that if this is true, that having footage of the teams before he plays them should make a huge difference for him as opposed to being in camp just reacting to things as they are called.

Found out today my mother-in-law is in late stage lung cancer. She's a real cool old lady, so it's tough today. This woman drove herself to Yellowstone Park a couple months ago, and tomorrow I will drive to Temple to say goodbye. Life is strange...
Sorry, to hear that man.

Thanks guys. She passed away at 430 this morning, less than 5 days after coming to the ER for horrible pain. Her lungs, liver and everything around them were eaten up with a fast moving cancer, and noone had any idea until Tuesday. Just goes to show how short and unpredictable life is.

Back