Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Just thinking about coaches

TheManTheMyth

Practice Squad
Do you htink Jerry Rice would make a good recievers coach for the team if he is interested in coaching, also Do you think that favre would come coach under sherman as a qb coach? just a thought.

TheManTheMyth said:
Do you htink Jerry Rice would make a good recievers coach for the team if he is interested in coaching, also Do you think that favre would come coach under sherman as a qb coach? just a thought.

The best players have not always made the best coaches. It often seems to be the fringe players make the best coaches.

I see Jerry in the booth and Favre has already stated publically that he has no interest in coaching. Personally, I think both would be great coaches.

I don't see either scenarios happening. Rice seems like he is just having fun now, doing reality TV shows, now I think he's going to be on that Pros vs. Joes show, I think he would be a great coach, but he just left the game and I don't think he's been gone long enough to get the "itch".

Favre seems beat down and tired, his interview was a real eye opener into how truly difficult his last couple of years have been. He said he really doesn't have the fire anymore and I don't blame him the guy has been through hell over the past 3 years. (Dad dies, Brother-in-law dies on his property, and wife battles cancer) Plus Brett just never really seemed like the guy that had to stay in the spotlight to me and always just seemed like a normal guy. I could really see him retiring and going back down to his farm and never really being heard from.

TheOgre said:
The best players have not always made the best coaches. It often seems to be the fringe players make the best coaches.
I think thats because they don't have freakish talent to carry them and have to rely solely technique and intelligence.....I think Teddy Bruschi will make one hellava coach, that defense as a whole totally rebounded when he was able to take the field again.

Carr Bomb said:
I don't see either scenarios happening. Rice seems like he is just having fun now, doing reality TV shows, now I think he's going to be on that Pros vs. Joes show, I think he would be a great coach, but he just left the game and I don't think he's been gone long enough to get the "itch".

Favre seems beat down and tired, his interview was a real eye opener into how truly difficult his last couple of years have been. He said he really doesn't have the fire anymore and I don't blame him the guy has been through hell over the past 3 years. (Dad dies, Brother-in-law dies on his property, and wife battles cancer) Plus Brett just never really seemed like the guy that had to stay in the spotlight to me and always just seemed like a normal guy. I could really see him retiring and going back down to his farm and never really being heard from.

He seems like the kind of guy that you'd see coaching his kid's little league games in Mississippi. I don't see him coaching in the NFL.

As for those fringe guys, I agree. Look at the basketball world. Magic was a terrible coach. Brown, Jackson, Riley have all been great coaches. At the University of Arizona, Lute Olsen kept Josh Pastner on scholarship not because he could play, but because he will be a great coach someday. Maybe Shanahan Part Deuce will be the same way. His ol' man was a QB at Eastern Illinois I think. He got injured and never went into the NFL, but he's been a pretty successful coach. Let's hope the acorn didn't fall far from the tree.

Back