Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

John McCargo

beerlover

Hall of Fame
Now that the Texans have secured NC State DE Mario Williams is the line set? most of you already know he had some help namely Manny Lawson from the weakside (rated 1st rd. talent) but how many know about the big guy in the middle collapsing the pocket DT John McCargo? He is 6014 302 ran a 5.15 forty flying under most radars (until now) & would be an excellent prospect in addition to Mario Williams. even though the D-Line has been heavily invested in when discussing BPA (mid to late 3rd/4th rd.) the future of the Texans defensive front would be set.

mccargo.jpg

Johnson + Smith + Payne = no more DTs!

McCargo will likely be a second round pick anyway, so there is little possibility that he ends up here...

D-ReK said:
Johnson + Smith + Payne = no more DTs!

what about Williams + Weaver + Babin + Peek :rolleyes:

D-ReK said:
McCargo will likely be a second round pick anyway, so there is little possibility that he ends up here...

exactley thats why if is there in the 3rd or 4th for that matter, just makes him that much more the bpa :cool:

beerlover said:
what about Williams + Weaver + Babin + Peek :rolleyes:

That is a different situation since there was never really much of a realistic possibility of Babin or Peek being a full time starter at DE in a 4-3...Smith and Johnson both have skillsets that are more fit for a 4-3 and Payne was our best DL last year...

beerlover said:
exactley thats why if is there in the 3rd or 4th for that matter, just makes him that much more the bpa :cool:

I have always been a proponent of taking the BPA, and I actually think that Payne may be a June 1st cut, so we may be in the market...

:wow: did McCargo skyrocket or what, talk about NC State fever with all three linemen going 1st rd. including the 1st overall pick very impressive....need......to......check.......the water
:stirpot:

lol, thats what i thought when the bills drafted him to, and when they drafted donte whitner i think they could of traded some picks and still got those two guys, so if yall think are draft was bad, take a look at the bills

I had him in the first round myself. I posted him as a riser a few weeks ago on another board.

;)

Back