Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

jj continues his celebration.......on the bicycle. (Jacoby)

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
JJ was on the sideline on the bicycle today. Has had 2 knee needle-sucking drainages since Sunday. Kubiak says he COULD be ready by the Saints game.

From the sound of it sounds like he had bad bursa sack which is giving him problems, he can typically drain that off. I'm sure our resident doctor can give more details, but I went through this in high school and college.

Proposal for official JJ disambiguation:

JJ: JJ Watt
JaJo: Jacoby Jones
JoJo: Jonathon Joseph

All in favor say AYE

From the sound of it sounds like he had bad bursa sack which is giving him problems, he can typically drain that off. I'm sure our resident doctor can give more details, but I went through this in high school and college.

silvrhand,

A patella bursitis indeed leads to fluid within the knee area (not within the joint). However, it is classically caused by direct trauma to the knee cap (patella)......like falling on your knee or someone hitting your knee cap straight on. It is unlikely that this is the cause of his "knee fluid."

Acute injuries that cause the accumulation of fluid within the knee include meniscus tears and ligament sprains. The knee swelling seen with these injuries is acute in onset. Typically patients with these injuries will notice fluid accumulation hours to days after the injury. With his celebration dance of coming down on his leg and grabbing his knee the way he did.........lends me to the diagnosis of meniscus tear or ligament sprain...........unless they banged knees on celebration (I don't have the replay.......maybe someone can clarify this).

silvrhand,

A patella bursitis indeed leads to fluid within the knee area (not within the joint). However, it is classically caused by direct trauma to the knee cap (patella)......like falling on your knee or someone hitting your knee cap straight on. It is unlikely that this is the cause of his "knee fluid."

Acute injuries that cause the accumulation of fluid within the knee include meniscus tears and ligament sprains. The knee swelling seen with these injuries is acute in onset. Typically patients with these injuries will notice fluid accumulation hours to days after the injury. With his celebration dance of coming down on his leg and grabbing his knee the way he did.........lends me to the diagnosis of meniscus tear or ligament sprain...........unless they banged knees on celebration (I don't have the replay.......maybe someone can clarify this).

I just found this audio interview of Jac Job. It was recorded 2 days ago In his own words, he contradicts Kubiak's version of "banging his knee."

He states that during his celebration, when he came down he slipped and his "knee buckled"...........(after it happened) "scared wasn't the word, I was terrified!"

Listen to this AUDIO CLIP for the complete description(it's only 1+ minutes)

The artist formerly known as JJ is now known as Jacoby,

Who lost his nick to the more talented JJ (Watt).

J.Jo or J.Joe is our new cornerback's handle.

He's an ID10T. And seriously TT, we can type **** but not id10t? That made my day :)

Last edited:
He did it on AJ's touchdown (I think), when they did the mid-air body bump celebration thing. When he landed is when he grabbed his knee.

Yeah, they just showed the clip on Inside The NFL (on Showtime).

He jumped up to do the chest bump and when he lands, his left knee (I think it was his left) buckled. It looked like his knee was locked instead of flexed, hence the buckling. It looked pretty bad as his knee looked like it rattled side to side when he landed.

Bummer.

I just found this audio interview of Jac Job. It was recorded 2 days ago In his own words, he contradicts Kubiak's version of "banging his knee."

He states that during his celebration, when he came down he slipped and his "knee buckled"...........(after it happened) "scared wasn't the word, I was terrified!"

Listen to this AUDIO CLIP for the complete description(it's only 1+ minutes)
Enunciate, Jacoby, enunciate. I hope he's OK.

gif of the incident:

jacoby_hurt_celebrating2.gif

his left knee bows outward on impact

Despite his obvious failings, Jacoby does have a ton of talent if he can get past his BS. I hope he's ready for the Saints, we could use a punt return for 6.

Looks like he hyper-extended the hell out of it in that gif.

lol at the ref watching him. You know he was thinking what a dork JJ was for doing that

You don't bump AJ and come out OK. You just don't. Maybe JJ missed that Arizona game.

There's a Chuck Norris joke in here somewhere.

Back