Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jacksonville Jaguars @ Houston Texans. 11/18. Noon. **Official GameDay Thread**

My wife went into our bedroom in the 3rd quarter to left me alone (I'm grumpy when we are losing/lose). Guess she was really tired because she's still sleeping even after me yelling after AJs TD. Good thing my son was already up from his nap.

My wife went into our bedroom in the 3rd quarter to left me alone (I'm grumpy when we are losing/lose). Guess she was really tired because she's still sleeping even after me yelling after AJs TD. Good thing my son was already up from his nap.

Mine was happy watching the game with me. She wasn't in earlier. She loves excitement I guess LOL

But Luck lost to the Jags; just saying :)

Early on -- in week 3 when the Colts were struggling. Luck seems to be in rhythm now and the Colts are playing good football. Luck and the Colts are much better now than they were when they first played Jax in Game 3.

I have to say, I am happy to have eaten all of my negative words that I spoke during this game.

That walkoff reminds me of the Milo Hamilton call in Game 4....

Holy Tolito!!! What a way to finish!!!

Too bad Rey had better things to do. :texan:

Early on -- in week 3 when the Colts were struggling. Luck seems to be in rhythm now and the Colts are playing good football. Luck and the Colts are much better now than they were when they first played Jax in Game 3.

He got lucky quite a bit. He still throw lots of ball that should or could have been intercepted. But he's gonna be good for them in the long run, I agree.

BOth personal records. Schaub 2nd most passing yards in a game in NFL hisotry behind Norm van Brocklin and tied for 2nd with Warren Moon.

I knew that yardage sounded familiar. Moon almost eclipsed Van Brocklin in the away game vs Chiefs, right?

In pregame warmups, Schottenheimer walked over to Moon (who was bent over, stretching) and gave Moon a little shove and a smirk. Moon proceeded to shred the Chiefs, IIRC, for over 500 yards and almost got the record.

Man, he tied Warren Moon??? That is crazzzzzy!

Probably the best game we have ever had with Jacksonville.

Best one. Like I said earlier, this is to the people who miss the competitive games. Now let's just wait another 2 seasons before we have another one with them.

Also, If the Texans release some special edition DVD for their 25 year anniversary, I bet this is a game they include in the package.

At first I was like...
tumblr_mb9j5tkxO41r8kr5po1_250.gif
florida-1.gif

Then I was like...
openingimage_zps10f95f3c.gif
... :stonecold: :texflag:

Dre is officially Superman, he let it be known today.

arggghhh just got back from the game Crowd was Nutz and dumb at the same time ....(Making nosie rushing the offensive ) but whatever shows they care LOL

Man i hate these type of games bad for my heart but like ive said years ago and will no beleive it DIVISON GAMES every year no matter what the records ARE GOING TO BE LIKE WW3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

"I was mad the punter got me. That was the fastest punter I've ever seen in my life." @KeshawnMartin82 #Texans

I was laughing real hard when got caught from behind.

Nick Scurfield ‏@NickScurfield

"I was mad the punter got me. That was the fastest punter I've ever seen in my life." @KeshawnMartin82 #Texans

I was laughing real hard when got caught from behind.

I am really excited about Martin now.

He looked awesome today.

Based on what Henne did to us, we will get destroyed by Luck.
Based on this game, Schaub will set the all time single season passing yardage mark with 5700 yards.

Based on this game, Andre Johnson will set the all time single season receiving yardage mark with 2500 yards.

See what can happen when you project the future off of single events?

9-1. Go Texans.

Based on this game, Schaub will set the all time single season passing yardage mark with 5700 yards.

Based on this game, Andre Johnson will set the all time single season receiving yardage mark with 2500 yards.

See what can happen when you project the future off of single events?

9-1. Go Texans.

Luck was picked 3 times today.

But people assume he's already a legend because of the media hype.

He's human. Put some pressure on him, disguise some pre-snap lineups, and he can become a normal QB real fast.

I hate how much people have anointed him. It's silly.

arggghhh just got back from the game Crowd was Nutz and dumb at the same time ....(Making nosie rushing the offensive ) but whatever shows they care LOL

This angers me. Especially when watching the Pats game and I can hear their adjustments over the tv. Not much of a home advantage if the home crowd makes it difficult for our team to adjust. #Stupidity

This angers me. Especially when watching the Pats game and I can hear their adjustments over the tv. Not much of a home advantage if the home crowd makes it difficult for our team to adjust. #Stupidity

I noticed that too; but it's hard to blame those fans. We made play after play in the sugar huddle, they can't help cheering and the noise couldn't die down soon enough. The closed roof didn't help.

The main thing is, we're 9-1, Indy lost, and now the Steelers need to win.

After that, they have to pull themselves togeather and win at Detroit on turkey day.

Pats losing Gronk for 4-6 weeks is a big deal too. Should help us some. Hard to replace a guy like that.

yeah it was manily 4th qtr about 6 mins to go we were down by 14 points and the crowd was mad because we were doing the sugar huddle. I was like guyz time is not a factor here we have to score 7 here or nothing else matters not even the time.

Score 7 make it a one score game and put the pressure back on the jags hopefully forcing them to go 3 and out and then score another 7 and thats what we did to tie the game

and after that we still left 1:34 for the jags to have the last drive to win the game

yeah it was manily 4th qtr about 6 mins to go we were down by 14 points and the crowd was mad because we were doing the sugar huddle. I was like guyz time is not a factor here we have to score 7 here or nothing else matters not even the time.

Score 7 make it a one score game and put the pressure back on the jags hopefully forcing them to go 3 and out and then score another 7 and thats what we did to tie the game

and after that we still left 1:34 for the jags to have the last drive to win the game

I remember the Manning Colts days and the giant Shhhhhhhh on every screen and the announcers asking fans to keep Quiet, Offense at work. Why don't we do that?!?

I was at the game & I was a little perturb by the noise when we were on offense. However, it seemed that it was drop-a-needle-quiet once the team got ready to snap the ball.

Understand, it was one big play after another with no huddle, so I don't know if we can ask for any better than that.

Besides, I think it was the crowd that got the defense off it's ass there in the 4th. Reliant was rocking from the first snap, but there at the end of the 4th, it went to another level & our defense started getting the stops we needed.

In fact, when the scoreboard went out, we were still pouring it on for several minutes after play had stopped. Personally I thought the refs were trying to take us out of the game so I kept the noise up for my group. It took us a while to realize there was real technical difficulty.

You had to be there, but the 12th man did their job.

:scarygirl:
I remember the Manning Colts days and the giant Shhhhhhhh on every screen and the announcers asking fans to keep Quiet, Offense at work. Why don't we do that?!?

They do with a Toro graphic. Not everyone obeys.

I noticed that too; but it's hard to blame those fans. We made play after play in the sugar huddle, they can't help cheering and the noise couldn't die down soon enough. The closed roof didn't help.

I dont know why they didnt open the roof. That first down chant also doesnt help, especially in a quick no huddle.

I dont know why they didnt open the roof. That first down chant also doesnt help, especially in a quick no huddle.

I read on another site that they were having technical problems with the roof, and couldn't get the roof open past the 20 yd line, or something like that. Who knows! I do know Kubiak likes the roof closed, so IMHO he should make the call.

As for the noise, it'll never change. Our wagon is overflowing with fans that don't know squat about football. I'm not blaming them, its just that they think they are at a high school or college game where there are no rules when it comes to the O being on the field. Hell, at high school games the band plays, the cheerleaders are making noise, and fans in the stands are going nuts. Some folks just DON'T know!

I'll probably get blasted for this, but, a huge majority of our fanbase is football illiterate. Owning a PSl does not make you football smart either. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard DIEHARD fans pull for the defense when the offense is on the field! Sometimes it's like a training session. I find myself teaching fans not to yell when the offense is on the field, and the next week I have to repeat myself cause there are new fans in those seats. It's ever changing, and some fans don't go to enough games to understand. Sometimes it's very frustrating!!

As for the noise, it'll never change. Our wagon is overflowing with fans that don't know squat about football. I'm not blaming them...

I'll probably get blasted for this, but, a huge majority of our fanbase is football illiterate.

I honestly don't think that was the problem. It wasn't an issue, imo, until the end of the game when we were fighting our way back into it.

As has been mentioned before, it was one big play after another, it's kinda hard not to get excited. They were going no huddle so the excitement just bled over.

But to my recollection, the fans got quite when the offense got set.

I don't think we could ask for anything more. I don't think we should.

we should stop the first down chant they shouldnt even announce it over the speakers it makes to much noise

:scarygirl:

They do with a Toro graphic. Not everyone obeys.

Well then...:clap:

Guess we're stuck w uneducated "fans" in the stands. It's even worse when Schuab is out there flailing his arms trying to get the crowd to calm down so he can hear.

Anyone else notice offsides on kickoffs?

I recalled that the Jaguars seemed to have players cross the line of scrimmage on kickoffs, prior to the kick. No calls. Seems blatantly obvious for officials to watch for.

I recalled that the Jaguars seemed to have players cross the line of scrimmage on kickoffs, prior to the kick. No calls. Seems blatantly obvious for officials to watch for.

Really, I didn't pay attention. Think I will go back and check it out.
Thanks

I saw a couple of borderline instances, nothing blatant to be honest. I don't think the refs are gonna call them.

I just blitzed through TIVO and for sure, at Jag's kickoff after their 20th point. Then again, at 34 pts.

20th point. Looks borderline, I don't think they would call it.

34th point; they were well behind the line.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the refs here, TB.

Watching the replay our tightends are the key to this offense

As long as Kubiak is the coach, I think TE play will be more significant than WR play.

I think we rely on play design more than exceptional skill to move the ball on offense.

It is why I don't anticipate a WR being taken early in the draft anytime soon.

Back