Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

It's official - worst #1 draft pick in nfl history

bayshorebevo

Waterboy
Thanks alot Kubiak, Casserly & McNair. I haven't been this mad since everyone said you were taking Reggie instead of Vince. Brilliant move giving all that extra dough to Carr.

Why is he dumb? If the Texans had either Bush or Young they would have won today. Instead they have Mario, and they lost.

Thanks alot Kubiak, Casserly & McNair. I haven't been this mad since everyone said you were taking Reggie instead of Vince. Brilliant move giving all that extra dough to Carr.

Well Bev, what I saw to day was proof positive that Bud will never ever see another super bowl.

good post but i was never againts letting carr go i would of been happy if we held the bonus and let him hit the market and then we could of gotten him for about 800,000 since thats what he would be worth.

I like how when Mario was healthy and recording nearly a sack a game everyone was in love with him and now he's the worst number 1 pick ever. Seriously, don't forget that we had one of our best drafts in years this year, heck it may have been the best draft we've ever had. The loss stings more then I ever could have imagined, but things will eventually go right. We just need a QB that can throw a decent long ball sometimes, another CB, and a healthy DD and we're good to go.

It's official - worst post in NFL history.

Way to early to be judging this draft.

Mario has played well this year especially before his foot started dogging him.

Our defense has looked more promising than it has in years.

This is the first of what will be many clashes between Vince and Mario.

Time will tell who will get the last laugh.

No DC sux no MW sux no DC no MW people get a damn grip if any of you who say that MW is a bust could pick draft picks you would not be at the job your in now but the NFL your not so drop it besides most of you would have more than likely drafted a QB in the first round.

If that was the best draft you've ever had, that's pretty telling.

You had a chance to get yourself a no-risk superstar in Bush, Young OR Leinart, and you took an over-achieving defensive end who gets his sacks against poor players.

GOOD ONE.

The guys that are getting paid from our season ticket proceeds never even considered Vince. Nobody did their homework, they were convinced their great offensive system didn't need great players (including running backs), they thought they could make a serviceable player out of one that had not produced in 4 years (Carr) and they didn't even care one bit what the fans were saying. The latter point I can understand, but not the other points.

lol... seriously yall are all f'in retarded... seroiusly... Vince young would have the same problems as Carr behind our offensive line. Do yall realize that Carr isn't the problem???

Lets do this...lets draft reggie bush, brady quinn, vince young, LT, michael vick, hell and barry sanders. They would all SUCK behind our offensive line.

EVERYTHING starts with the offensive line, if you can't have a running game you can't have a defense because the defense will be tired because they will ALWAYS be out on the field, if you can't have a running game you can't have a passing game because one your o line cant give you time to make a pass farther than 5 yards and two the other team already knows whats coming.

So lets be pissed off because MARIO WILLIAMS is the reason why we are bad this year. Damnit mario... why couldn't you just get a sack every play...even on running plays...steal the ball from the running back and throw it to the quarterback and then tackle him...just so when reggie bush scores 4 touchdowns inside the 10 and vince young throws 8 interceptions and still wins the game, we can be like "Wow Mario Williams has a lot of sacks!!!!"

1st, sacks isnt the best stat to judge a defensive linemen.
2nd, I will agree, Vince Young is a good player... but he would have been more of a failure than Carr was this year behind that offensive line.
3rd. In my opinion, I wanted D'Brickashaw over all of them, that way we can really see what carr is made of.

However, Mario was my second choice... because we have a good defensive linemen in Mario, and our good defensive line is tying up that offensive line so our AWESOME MLB can make a lot of plays.

So I please beg all of you, get your heads out of your asses and talk football... quit exagerrating and being a bunch of whiny bitc.hes . A lot of you have never even played football and don't know a thing about it...open your mouth if you have knowledge on the sport, if not, then get the hell off of here and save yourself from some embarassment.

My friend, there is no such thing as a no risk pick in any draft.

1. Risk with Bush: Not an every down back.
2. Risk with Young: Always played shot gun and can't adapt; poor intelligence test scores.
3. Risk with Leinart: Weak arm, not able to make the transition.
4. Risk with Mario: Streaky, only plays well against bad teams.

Not saying that these are right in hindsight, with the exception of Bush that's spot on, but there was by no means a risk free pick in that draft. Besides Mario is hurt, give him a few years and I'm sure you'll change your tune.

If that was the best draft you've ever had, that's pretty telling.

You had a chance to get yourself a no-risk superstar in Bush, Young OR Leinart, and you took an over-achieving defensive end who gets his sacks against poor players.

GOOD ONE.

We had a chance at a 3rd down back. Bush.

We had a chance at a great QB who supposed to need 2 years on the bench before he could play. Young.

We had a chance at a great QB who supposedly didnt have enough arm strength to play great in the NFL. Leinart.

We drafted a physical freak of a DE who can still put pressure on the QB when he is playing on one foot. He averaged nearly a sack per game when he was healthy.

Why is he dumb? If the Texans had either Bush or Young they would have won today. Instead they have Mario, and they lost.

cuz he posts it just to piss everyone off, every week we have the same post, we have enough of it. and hes judgin the players after 13 games, mario is also playin hurt, and are DT suck so he gets no support, so maybe in 2 years come back and say it, but after 13 games, that is just dumb, so thats why you and him are DUMB :gun:

What an *****,Carr may not be the guy but worst draft pick? C,mon man,neither the Titans or the Texans are going anywhere this season and the Saints certianly arnt relying on Bush to make or break their season.As disatisfied as I am with this season I still think we have A better coaching philosiphy than we ever have and I"ll take that over any one player any day.

I like how when Mario was healthy and recording nearly a sack a game everyone was in love with him and now he's the worst number 1 pick ever. Seriously, don't forget that we had one of our best drafts in years this year, heck it may have been the best draft we've ever had. The loss stings more then I ever could have imagined, but things will eventually go right. We just need a QB that can throw a decent long ball sometimes, another CB, and a healthy DD and we're good to go.

Mario will be a solid player but he is not in the Vince category...not even close.

You can't draw a generalization just based on the performance of a player on a team. Just because Bush and Young are winning on their respective teams, doesn't mean they'd win here. The Saints would be winning without Bush. The Titans are definitely playing a lot better with Vince...but that doesn't necessarily mean we would be. He's able to do what he does because of good line play (I'm not saying they're great...but they get the job done), whereas we obviously have struggles in this area.

We played well...but this game solidifies the fact that our LB's and Secondary need tremendous work.

this board is becoming just an exercise of venting frustration instead of rational informed thinking, of course that does serve some good for all Carr bashers, but it just adds negatively to an already depressing realization- Texans need to cut the umbilical cord you can't play out of fear in this league :chicken:

cuz he posts it just to piss everyone off, every week we have the same post, we have enough of it. and hes judgin the players after 13 games, mario is also playin hurt, and are DT suck so he gets no support, so maybe in 2 years come back and say it, but after 13 games, that is just dumb, so thats why you and him are DUMB :gun:

You have no knowledge of football whatsoever. That is why you revert to name-calling. If you want to hero worship these people, fine. What I want to know, who, if anybody, is going to take responsibility for this travesty of keeping Carr instead of taking Vince Young (or Bush)? The answer is probably nobody. That was the best draft for choosing a great player since Sam Bowie went before Michael Jordan.

Love your logic.:confused:

He is what he was in grade school...a running back/wide reciever palying quarter back. After four coaches...he still can't pass the ball. And ..he never will be able to. Noram Chow will not be able to fix it and neither will anyone else. Proof is in the pudding. No one will penetrate that thick skull. There are old quarterbacks and bold quarterbacks. But there are no old bold QBs in the NFL. They caught up to Vick. They'll catch up to VY. Just a matter of time. This is the pinical of VY's career. He'll never improve enough as a passer to be anything more than an anomoly. Dance the dance today...you've earned it. But it ain't getting no better. The only way VY is going is down. He is bust with a nice rushing game.

He is what he was in grade school...a running back/wide reciever palying quarter back. After four coaches...he still can't pass the ball. And ..he never will be able to. Noram Chow will not be able to fix it and neither will anyone else. Proof is in the pudding. No one will penetrate that thick skull. There are old quarterbacks and bold quarterbacks. But there are no old bold QBs in the NFL. They caught up to Vick. They'll catch up to VY. Just a matter of time. This is the pinical of VY's career. He'll never improve enough as a passer to be anything more than an anomoly. Dance the dance today...you've earned it. But it ain't getting no better. The only way VY is going is down. He is bust with a nice rushing game.

You sir are a non-intelligent loser! Vince passed for 218 yards and ran for 86 more. Have you considered that before Vince became the starter that the Titans had a miserable rushing game. He puts pressure on defenses by his threat to run which gives his RB more room to run. Will he get hurt or become a bust somewhere down the line? Maybe, but take a poll of NFL insiders tonight and I have to believe that the majority would believe that your assessment of Vince's chances is juvenile to say the least.

Vince is just a winner and thats a FACT. Carr is not, sure he did nothing to lose the game today, but he also did nothing to win it, VY did. His team just rallies around him, the entire team, not just the offense. They all feed off his energy. If you tell me David Carr has this same ability, you should be shot.

No guts, no glory. Enjoy your warmed over plate of **** Mr. McNair.

Somebody neg repped me for this. You sir deserve what you get on Sundays for being a stupid lemming. Fire the owner.

The Titans O-line was almost as bad or worse than ours prior to Vince taking the helm. That's the same O-line that got McNair beat all to hell and couldn't protect Volek or the former Raiders QB who played a game or so.

Both of those guys had great arms, but the Titans were getting their butts kicked every week.

VY gets the start and he's now what 6 out of 8, with the last three being come from behind wins against probable playoff teams.

The real issue here is that VY is a difference maker. Passing, running, leading....whatever you want to call it, he's a champion and his hometown team rubbed crap in his face and took a DE, when they had a glaring need at QB.

I believe the Titans are worse football team than the Texans if they don't have VY. Now imagine the Texans with VY and making the same draft picks in the 2nd & 3rd rounds. As it stands, the Texans had a super draft. Mario will be a big contributor for years to come. Ryans & the O-linemen are already paying dividends. But one can't help but think what could have been as I watched a champion streak toward the endzone to lead his team from behind to win again.

Hook 'em VY & Go Texans

Back