Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Is the Front Office on Vacation???

Well something must be brewing since RS and McNair made no effort to sign a FA RT (lol, the space) this off-season sense there was a few available that would have helped this OL immediately. McNair must have a lot of faith in RS to finally put together a complete draft!!

As for Romo...look, if Romo really wanted to be the Texans next QB, he would've accepted a reasonable Texans offer. If the Texans had put all their off-season eggs into the Romo basket, they would've signed him to his asking price to ensure he was wearing a Texans uniform in 2017. IMHO, Romo met with the Texans brain-trust and decided against signing with the Texans.

If fans want another smoking gun theory...Jones got Romo to speculate interest in the Texans just enough to freeze the team from making moves in the FA market. He sure spent a lot of time talking to Romo in private when he had no intention to keep him on the Cowboys roster. Maybe they were getting a kick out of watching the Texans twist in the wind.

In all reality, Jones knows that if the Texans were to get their offense in good shape for 2017...they could easily surpass his Cowboys in the great State of Texas because of their remarkable and NFL best defense. We also know, Jerrah's ego wouldn't stand for that...at all!! In his world, the Texans must always remain second fiddle to his Cowboys and it might also explain why he didn't want Mark Davis and the Raiders sniffing around San Antonio as a possible new home. Jones isn't looking for competition in regards to his Texas sized throne.

Well something must be brewing since RS and McNair made no effort to sign a FA RT (lol, the space) this off-season sense there was a few available that would have helped this OL immediately. McNair must have a lot of faith in RS to finally put together a complete draft!!

Who? I thought the best FA tackle was best suited as depth.

Most everyone here thought the dude was over paid. Are you saying we should have over paid for depth?

We won seven out of eight home games. It was a fairly entertaining experience. I wouldn't have booed.

You must be easily entertained. Last yr was some of the most boring football I've watched in a long time. It was sad knowing that with Os at QB the team was going nowhere fast. The most excitement that happened in our section was when Savage replaced Os and lead the comeback against the Jags.

If fans want another smoking gun theory...Jones got Romo to speculate interest in the Texans just enough to freeze the team from making moves in the FA market. He sure spent a lot of time talking to Romo in private when he had no intention to keep him on the Cowboys roster. Maybe they were getting a kick out of watching the Texans twist in the wind.

In all reality, Jones knows that if the Texans were to get their offense in good shape for 2017...they could easily surpass his Cowboys in the great State of Texas because of their remarkable and NFL best defense. We also know, Jerrah's ego wouldn't stand for that...at all!! In his world, the Texans must always remain second fiddle to his Cowboys and it might also explain why he didn't want Mark Davis and the Raiders sniffing around San Antonio as a possible new home. Jones isn't looking for competition in regards to his Texas sized throne.

You really think that Jones is scared of the Texans stealing his fanbase? That's laughable.

He's not worried about Robin to his batman. We get 3 or 4 rings he might notice

You must be easily entertained. Last yr was some of the most boring football I've watched in a long time. It was sad knowing that with Os at QB the team was going nowhere fast. The most excitement that happened in our section was when Savage replaced Os and lead the comeback against the Jags.

Watching the offense last year was like watching Ed Biles Oilers in '83

Watching the offense last year was like watching Ed Biles Oilers in '83

Hell, watching my son's Senior year of high school football and that SLOT T offense they ran was more exciting. 3 pass attempts a game, 375 yds avg per game rushing...exhilarating compared to O'Brien's offense.

Most everyone here thought the dude was over paid. Are you saying we should have over paid for depth?

Wagner is much more than depth, which is why he got paid. But continue on with your defense of Ricky.

Wagner is much more than depth, which is why he got paid. But continue on with your defense of Ricky.

BTW, the Guy I wanted Ricky to sign was Ty Nsekhe who was a RFA with a 2nd rd tender. They wont find an OT as good as this guy in the 2nd rd.
I get that Ricky wants to keep Clowney/Hopkns, but to sacrifice a season to do it is something I totally disagree with.

Yeah, I'm sure that CBS is paying him more than that.

Sometimes ego overrides common sense.

:coffee:

And the thing is, CBS didn't just offer him a contract and he accepted. For a job at that level in broadcasting Romo and CBS were negotiating for weeks, maybe months. I honestly believe Romo had no interest in playing in the NFL any longer. Maybe his doctors said it was unwise or maybe Romo just didn't want to get beat up anymore. Everyone was saying Jerry Jones was "holding him hostage". That guy (Romo) never intended on playing football in 2017, IMHO and let Jones appear to be the bad guy.

Back