Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Is our next QB already on the roster?

Case is not an nfl qb. His arm is average, he was injury prone to boot.

He had one injury in college and his arm looks decent enough. Better than we have now.

Chances are he's not our future QB. I'm not sure how many teams in the NFL have had an undrafted player as their starting QB, but not many I'm sure. But maybe he'll surprise people. I'm interested to see him in the preseason.

Case is not an nfl qb. His arm is average, he was injury prone to boot.

Heh got to have a bit more reasoning than this because you just described Matt Schaub lol.

As for Keenum, who knows. I like his approach and personality but to achieve what he seeks will take a lot of hard work on his part. Will say much about his character if he can pull it off and becoming something in this league. I'll be rooting for the kid to get it done but all is against him on this one. But you never know what can happen. We have heard stranger stories taking place.

The main criticisms of Keenum by scouts were commonly related to the unknown factors. He never did a three or five step drop. He didn't play under center. He played in a spread offense. He was a system QB.

In Bold: I think that is such BS! Not the post but the fact that he didn't play under center so he didn't get evaluated. I know you are correct on the statement because it happens every year, but the fact "experts" say just because he didn't play under center, he cannot play?

How many times do you see Manning under center? As for a "system" QB, nobody is a bigger "system" QB than Tom Brady. Matt Cassell proved that fact by going 11-5 for NE then doing nothing outside the Pats system offense. Rodgers, Rothlisberger, Rivers take the majority of their snaps in a shotgun formation.

If a HC and OC are smart and can check their egos, which is asking allot, they build an offense around the QB that is effective and productive, like Carroll did in Seattle, like Shannahan did in Washington. That is why you will not see that kind of QB under Kubiak. He won't change his offense to fit his talent, and he is too egotistic to create an offense to the QB's strengths...

In Bold: I think that is such BS! Not the post but the fact that he didn't play under center so he didn't get evaluated. I know you are correct on the statement because it happens every year, but the fact "experts" say just because he didn't play under center, he cannot play?

How many times do you see Manning under center? As for a "system" QB, nobody is a bigger "system" QB than Tom Brady. Matt Cassell proved that fact by going 11-5 for NE then doing nothing outside the Pats system offense. Rodgers, Rothlisberger, Rivers take the majority of their snaps in a shotgun formation.

Ever heard of Charlie Weiss? Josh Mcdaniels? Bill O'Brien? You know who these guys are? Three completely different OC's the Patriots have had.

That's "three different offensive systems" that Tom Brady has had to play with a plethora of different weapons in all of those systems he played in. Hell, he's gone back and forth into Mcdaniels system to O'Brien, and then back to Mcdaniels system this season just this season.

You are completely off base here and have no freaking idea about Tom Brady and the Patriots to say that he's nothing but a system QB. If anything he is the most anti system QB in this league considering the fact that he has flourished in 3 different systems, and not just one like you tried to insinuate. BB is a defensive minded coach and always has been. If you want to blast Kubiak and Schaub at least use some examples that illustrate what you're trying to convey.

If a HC and OC are smart and can check their egos, which is asking allot, they build an offense around the QB that is effective and productive, like Carroll did in Seattle, like Shannahan did in Washington. That is why you will not see that kind of QB under Kubiak. He won't change his offense to fit his talent, and he is too egotistic to create an offense to the QB's strengths...

This part may actually be true, but you don't know that for sure. I tend to think it is, Shanahan is hardly an example of this.

Wonder how far Matt can throw a ball? I like to see him heave one on a field and see what he has.........

Wonder how far Matt can throw a ball? I like to see him heave one on a field and see what he has.........

Not the best test though tbf, it's about accuracy whilst heaving it, I have no doubt he has the outright strength to throw an impressive distance, can he drop it into the hands of a moving target an impressive distance away though? His lack of confidence to do just that would tell me he can't. When the Texans got the ball back on the last drive you'd think a Hail Mary to AJ followed by an onside kick was the best option. They dinked and dimed and kept the chains (and clock) moving.

Case ...His arm is average...
Based on what? Both Kubiak and Dorrell say Case has a "big arm."

Reports of Case's "weak" arm came from the combine where he pulled his hamstring before throwing. Everything I've read said Keenum dispelled those concerns at his pro day.

Back