Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Is It time to fire David Culley after 1 year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are going in a circle here. I understand what Culley and Caserio inherited. I expected the losing. However, I don't understand the excuses for an NFL team to get the ball with 48 seconds, going against a prevent defense and punting with 20 seconds left. Do you know how hard that is to do? Again, it's one thing to expect them to be terrible. But this is beyond terrible.

Terrible doesn't even really matter at this point.

Terrible may not be a bad thing.

Yes, last year's draft. And this year's draft is what I was referring to, for how well he drafts.

Considering the limitations, I think Caserio did a good job in last yrs draft. With a full compliment of picks I expect Caserio to have an even better draft this upcoming draft. Particularly because the picks are going to be high picks each rd. (Or atleast in rds 1 -3.)

Actually, Foster got injured early in the 7th game after just 4 carries. He tried to go the next game, but couldn't; the Texans had to put him on IR.
Tate; he was playing with multiple broken ribs.
And Keenum was playing with a broken thumb in his last game or two.

Interesting but I wasn’t the one talking about Foster playing that season. All I said is there is no one close to Foster’s talent on this roster.

Last edited:
Culley: we're evaluating everything
Reporter: are you evaluating the game plan?
Culley:game plan is fine, we just need to execute.
1st play of the game, after a week of game planning is to use Collins and Cooks as a decoy to throw to Davion Davis?

It splitting hairs a bit but appeal is different that "Hired because X wanted them" I do think it might have played some factor and said as much when I talked about reports saying Culley and Watson got along well but I actually agree with @xtruroyaltyx that on at least some level the Texans thought Culley might could be a good coach. He had the resume for it and an argument could be made there were other factors to him not being a HC before.
Who doesn't get along in Hawaii at the pro bowl? Everyone over there is pretty much on vacation and drinking fruity drinks with umbrellas.

It's a commonly held belief on this board.

It doesn't make sense as most believe there were other candidates that would have been more appealing to Watson. So we don't harp on it as much as some. But many of us believe Caserio thought Culley would appeal to Watson.
Why would a 65 yr old coach who had never even been a coordinator or ever interviewed to be a coordinator appeal to Watson? Especially with all the candidates that were available? Nobody, I repeat, nobody interviewed Culley for even a job as an oc nor a hc except the Texans. Again, If they wanted a placeholder, which is ridiculous in itself, Lovie would've taken the job. He wouldn't have taken the job and not hire his staff. The only person who would accept that was Culley.

Even taking over for Capers after year 4 of our expansion, Kubiak never faced anything close to what Culley has had to in his 1st year here.

& last year the Texans lost about the same number of games by 7 or fewer points. Yet Bob was fired after game 4. You don’t think any of what that dude did in the previous year or so before he got canned had any bearing on what Culley and this current Texans team are currently wrestling with now? C’mon man. The Nuk and Tunsil trades alone took at a minimum 2 premium talents off our roster. DW4 took himself out….Kubiak at no point faced anything close to what Culley has.

The Tunsil trade also added 1 premium talent to the roster. Agreed about the Hopkins trade which Derrick's mother took Hopkins out, before Derrick took himself out. God Derrick's presence on this team has caused irreplaceable damage to not only the team. But also to it's fanbase. I mean some soulless fans still want Derrick back and playing QB. Smdh.

Agreed about what Culley had to face. I can't think of a worse situation to be put in. But atleast he got paid.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think anyone is saying we’d be in the playoff hunt with better coaching. Only that something is wrong, especially on offense. 140 some yards a game , 14ppg… that’s hella bad & there’s no excuse for it.

As with any bad situation....start with the path of least resistance for a solution.

Case in point, the Texans removed both OB and Devlin in 2020. Solution achieved? No. They made the mistake of keeping Kelly onboard after the 2020 season b/c Watson had his best statistical season which made his offense look somewhat competent but the outcome was a 4-12 season with no running game.

I believe the Texans have to remove Kelly and must find an OC who'd be willing to come to Houston b/c Caserio and Culley were able to sell him on their upcoming changes.

Last edited:
Suspending players on the defense. It’s up to 5 now.

I wasn't there for what was said so I can't say I agree with him or not, I will say is that its not uncommon for first time managers to feel like they have to take a hard line in order to get respect. Sometimes they are right most times they're wrong but it is common.

I would also like to present to you another scenario, Roby was just traded to the Saints, I couldn't find who the other players you mentioned were other than Reid. Roby was suspended for admitted use of banned substance but even then it was an easy way to keep him from injury right before a trade. As for Reid as I said I wasn't there but the only report I read about what happened came from Ryan Clark who is a close, personal friend of both Justin and Ed Reid so he's not exactly a neutral commentator and it was only for one game. Remember also Reid is a free agent after this season so his attitude may not be the best.

I'm not defending Culley, just saying there maybe more to everything than we are being told

Last edited:
The Tunsil trade also added 1 premium talent to the roster. Agreed about the Hopkins trade which Derrick's mother took Hopkins out, before Derrick took himself out. God Derrick's presence on this team has caused irreplaceable damage to not only the team. But also to it's fanbase. I mean some soulless fans still want Derrick back and playing QB. Smdh.

Agreed about what Culley had to face. I can't think of a worse situation to be put in. But atleast he got paid.

Texans gave up 2 1sts and a 2nd for Tunsil. Even counting that they got a premium talent back in Tunsil, that’s still 2 high draft picks they’re down that could’ve been used to land 2 other premium talents….talents that would most likely still be on this roster right now for Culley & co. I said at a minimum 2 premium talents when in actuality it’s 3…if you count the Nuk trade.

Texans gave up 2 1sts and a 2nd for Tunsil. Even counting that they got a premium talent back in Tunsil, that’s still 2 high draft picks they’re down that could’ve been used to land 2 other premium talents….talents that would most likely still be on this roster right now for Culley & co. I said at a minimum 2 premium talents when in actuality it’s 3…if you count the Nuk trade.

Thats hindsight and makes a lot of assumptions. First its hindsight that it would end up being two high draft picks where as before Texans had always been drafting low to mid 20s. Considering Tunsil was taken at 13 and was considered a top 3 talent two 1sts in the mid 20s was market value at least if not a little under market value. The media made a big deal about how expensive it was, and it was don't get me wrong, but just because something is expensive doesn't mean its not worth the price and if Watson was still on the field we would very much consider Tunsil a great investment. No one predicted the Texans were going to crash and burn and hand the fins the number 3 overall like they did.

The assumption part is that the 2 players picked would have been worth more than 1 Tunsil, considering that it would have either been Gaines or OB doing the picking I'm not confident of that.

As with any bad situation....start with the path of least resistance for a solution.

Case in point, the Texans removed both OB and Devlin in 2020. Solution achieved? No. They made the mistake of keeping Kelly onboard after the 2020 season b/c Watson had his best statistical season which made his offense look somewhat competent but the outcome was a 4-12 season and no running game.

I believe the Texans have to remove Kelly and must find an OC who'd be willing to come to Houston b/c Caserio and Culley were able to sell him on their upcoming changes.

Agreed, if Caserio can hit on the draft and particularly if he is able to trade Watson, assuming Watson is able to be traded, for anything close to market value then I think they will have a better sales pitch for a real OC. Right now if you were an OC looking to continue your career, and not desperate to just get back in the NFL like Lovie was, then there is nothing the Texans have to offer that is appealing, its career suicide. However, if they can get some key pieces and show they are really rebuilding then it becomes a lot more appealing especially if you will get a say in whom they draft.

I see it as Tunsil is a premium talent so that's +1 and the two 1sts = +2 if you got the picks right. (Not a given) Stills + Rd.4 pick = a wash. So net total if everything goes right and you hit on your picks that =+1. This doesn't take into account if you hit on your rd. 4 pick.

The Hoppkins trade was definitely a minus 1 and that's with Blacklock becoming a more than serviceable player. So I've got those trades as a net -2 and een though it didn't workout due to Derrick's perversions I would've still made the Tunsil trade knowing only what I knew at that time.

Another trade that posters fail to mention is Clowney trade. Yes, if there hadn't been so much dysfunction in the FO Gaine probably could've gotten more than he did for Clowney. However what most fail to acknowledge is Martin has been a better pass rusher than Clowney has and the 3rd rd pick that they got for Clowney helped the Texans make the playoffs. Conley was a good player and it's to bad he got hurt like he did. That's just pure unlucky.

Thats hindsight and makes a lot of assumptions. First its hindsight that it would end up being two high draft picks where as before Texans had always been drafting low to mid 20s. Considering Tunsil was taken at 13 and was considered a top 3 talent two 1sts in the mid 20s was market value at least if not a little under market value. The media made a big deal about how expensive it was, and it was don't get me wrong, but just because something is expensive doesn't mean its not worth the price and if Watson was still on the field we would very much consider Tunsil a great investment. No one predicted the Texans were going to crash and burn and hand the fins the number 3 overall like they did.

The assumption part is that the 2 players picked would have been worth more than 1 Tunsil, considering that it would have either been Gaines or OB doing the picking I'm not confident of that.

Some hindsight sure..but only in the sense that they might still be on the roster now. 1st and 2nd round picks are coveted for a reason..and it’s b/c they provide the best opportunities to land some of the highest ranked prospects coming out that year. Doesn’t matter if they ultimately pan out or not. So in this instance, They could’ve been busts, or they could’ve been pro bowlers…The point I’m making tho is that we didn’t even get the opportunity to find out b/c we gave away the picks. But what doesn’t change is that they most assuredly would’ve been thought to be premium talents if we would’ve had the opportunity to draft them.

I see it as Tunsil is a premium talent so that's +1 and the two 1sts = +2 if you got the picks right. (Not a given) Stills + Rd.4 pick = a wash. So net total if everything goes right and you hit on your picks that =+1. This doesn't take into account if you hit on your rd. 4 pick.

The Hoppkins trade was definitely a minus 1 and that's with Blacklock becoming a more than serviceable player. So I've got those trades as a net -2 and een though it didn't workout due to Derrick's perversions I would've still made the Tunsil trade knowing only what I knew at that time.

Another trade that posters fail to mention is Clowney trade. Yes, if there hadn't been so much dysfunction in the FO Gaine probably could've gotten more than he did for Clowney. However what most fail to acknowledge is Martin has been a better pass rusher than Clowney has and the 3rd rd pick that they got for Clowney helped the Texans make the playoffs. Conley was a good player and it's to bad he got hurt like he did. That's just pure unlucky.

you left out the 2nd rounder in the Tunsil trade…that’s a premium pick as well. So either way, we’re down 2 premium guys that could’ve potentially been on this roster for Culley.

Some hindsight sure..but only in the sense that they might still be on the roster now. 1st and 2nd round picks are coveted for a reason..and it’s b/c they provide the best opportunities to land some of the highest ranked prospects coming out that year. Doesn’t matter if they ultimately pan out or not. So in this instance, They could’ve been busts, or they could’ve been pro bowlers…The point I’m making tho is that we didn’t even get the opportunity to find out b/c we gave away the picks. But what doesn’t change is that they most assuredly would’ve been thought to be premium talents if we would’ve had the opportunity to draft them.

Ok so tell me where were we going to find a LT of Tunsil's level in the 20s or in the second round? The only one that has come remotely close in the last several years is Dillard and he still has just graded out to 30th and thats with a proven Oline coach and sitting behind a future HoF LT. Fact is we had a major need and because of that we had to pay full market price to fill that need. We could have gotten 2 all pros with those draft picks and yeah they might have helped but unless one was a LT then it still wouldn't have met our greatest need at the time.

The sharpest, strongest knife in the world doesn't help if what you need is a spoon.

you left out the 2nd rounder in the Tunsil trade…that’s a premium pick as well. So either way, we’re down 2 premium guys that could’ve potentially been on this roster for Culley.

I consider Stills/4th a wash for the 2nd. However since it was a high 2nd, it didn't workout.

Ok so tell me where were we going to find a LT of Tunsil's level in the 20s or in the second round? The only one that has come remotely close in the last several years is Dillard and he still has just graded out to 30th and thats with a proven Oline coach and sitting behind a future HoF LT. Fact is we had a major need and because of that we had to pay full market price to fill that need. We could have gotten 2 all pros with those draft picks and yeah they might have helped but unless one was a LT then it still wouldn't have met our greatest need at the time.

The sharpest, strongest knife in the world doesn't help if what you need is a spoon.

Agreed, the thinking at the time was we needed a franchise LT…& we paid what we had to to get him…. but it doesn’t negate the fact that we are down 2 premium talents that could be contributing to this team right now b/c of it. Tunsil filled 1 huge need, but we could potentially have filled 2 other huge needs with those picks. Perhaps a CB and a guard. I’m not saying what I’m saying b/c I think the trade shouldn’t have been done…we had a franchise QB to protect ……..at that time. I’m just saying, where we currently sit, we could’ve used those picks for this team right about now and it’s a strong possibility that those picks would be contributing on this current team.

& Regardless, the trade did impact the product we see on the field today and Culley is the guy who had to deal with it….which is why I’m saying he deserves another year & shouldn’t be held completely responsible for the product that we dry heave to when we watch them play today. Forget 1 hand tied behind his back, BoB basically hogtied Culley.

Suffice to say these were all ill fated moves.

The minute Rick Smith made move up for Watson he should have secured Duane Brown. End of story. From there we could rewrite history.

How O’Brian weaseled his way to the top is a whole other story, along with aftermath that came from it.

It amazing how fast they got down there with those horrible franchises. Because 2 years ago we were a playoffs team.

Yep. Bad ownership can bring a company down quickly. I've seen it happen in the business world too many times to count.

This is what happens when you let your QB's mother make personnel decisions and then your QB goes full on Perv.

QB's mother was just a gossip.

Ultimately bad ownership makes bad decisions. Listening to a player's mother without deeper investigation(s) is just another one of those bad decisions.

Watson is responsible for his self-destructive and horrible behavior (alleged). You can keep posting and trying to convince posters that Watson is the nexus of all the Texans' problems. However, at the end of the day, last time I checked. Derrick's mother did not trade Hopkins. Derrick didn't give himself a $150 million contract. He did not promote O'Brien to GM. He didn't hire Easterby. He didn't promote Easterby. He didn't fire Gaine. He didn't fire Kubiak and kept Rick Smith. He didn't fire O'Brien and kept Kelly. He didn't tamper with Caserio and he didn't hire Culley.

We can agree to disagree.

Yep. Strong franchises can overcome player controversies, but when it happens to bad ownership and dysfunctional front offices, it spells doom.

Watson's arrogance is a symptom, not a root cause. Owner's hubris and stupidity, however, is a cancer that eats from within.

People are nuts around here. We could've had prime Vince Lombardi and Bill Polian and it wouldn't have mattered this year.

lol Neither of those guys would have worked for Cal, Jack, and a staff that had already been picked for them.

However, with both of those guys, you could see a possible future. Nobody would be referring to them as "placeholders". That term alone indicates what a joke Culley is as a HC. Nobody, not even the Sunshine Pumpers, believes Culley is the future. Even his supporters admit that he'll be gone for a better HC once the talent improves.

Like Speedy said, he's a sock puppet with a headset. He's in over his head and it's sad to even watch him with the press because he's having to regurgitate front office corporate-speak. But that's why he's paid the big bucks so it's hard to feel sorry for him.

Only Texans fans seem myopic enough to buy into a mulligan season (or two, or three. . .), a never-will-be head coach, and a mythical culture leader that seems unable to define the specific culture because it's not necessarily about winning games.

Very few meaningful take aways from this season to extrapolate how Culley would actually do with a decent roster not under a crap ton of turnover and turmoil. He will get another year or two IMO.

Last edited:
I don’t particularly think it’s hard given what we have on offense and the team we were going up against. Hard is throwing 30 ints in a season. Hard is watching your team blow a 24 pt lead ..with great talent. What happened yesterday wasn’t hard to imagine happening with career back up at every position going against 1 of the best defenses in the NFL.

What's hard is scoring 0 points in a game, not once, but TWICE in the same season.
  • Last in Offense DVOA
  • Last in yards/play
  • Last in total yards, by alot!
  • Last in points scored
I would expect this from an offense that has a bunch of youth and a rookie QB. Not an offense that has a bunch of veterans, led by a QB that has started alot of games in this league. We can't even make the excuse, "They're young, eventually they'll figure it out."

Tunsil filled 1 huge need, but we could potentially have filled 2 other huge needs with those picks. Perhaps a CB and a guard.
So it looks like we had 3 needs. LT, CB, Guard.

We used 2 draft picks to address those & got a LT.

had we addressed 2 positions with those picks we could have got a CB & a Guard.

Technically we’re only down 1 premium talent.

Or we could have traded one of those two picks & addressed all three.

Why would a 65 yr old coach who had never even been a coordinator or ever interviewed to be a coordinator appeal to Watson? Especially with all the candidates that were available? Nobody, I repeat, nobody interviewed Culley for even a job as an oc nor a hc except the Texans. Again, If they wanted a placeholder, which is ridiculous in itself, Lovie would've taken the job. He wouldn't have taken the job and not hire his staff. The only person who would accept that was Culley.

Since culley wasn't expecting to a head coach, he probably didn't even have the readymade list that true candidate have. Generally a part of the interviews is what coaches you already have a relationship with that would considered for OC or DC and do they have connection for the more positional areas.

Since culley wasn't expecting to a head coach, he probably didn't even have the readymade list that true candidate have. Generally a part of the interviews is what coaches you already have a relationship with that would considered for OC or DC and do they have connection for the more positional areas.
In another word, Culley lacks the qualification, right?

A HC needs to be able to assemble a staff to carry out his vision, at least on one side of the ball.
In this case, the offensive side.

What's hard is scoring 0 points in a game, not once, but TWICE in the same season.
  • Last in Offense DVOA
  • Last in yards/play
  • Last in points scored
I would expect this from an offense that has a bunch of youth and a rookie QB. Not an offense that has a bunch of veterans, led by a QB that has started alot of games in this league. We can't even make the excuse, "They're young, eventually they'll figure it out."

veterans, but most not starters in this league.

• Last in Offense DVOA
  • Last in yards/play
  • Last in points scored

Thank you. My point exactly! You can expect the team to be terrible. You can expect a losing season. But to expect fans spending their hard-earned money for this on-field product to just shrug their shoulders, don't complain and think it's expected and okay seems to be letting the Texans off the hook for these terrible performances. An NFL team SHOULD be able to cross midfield multiple times a game. Especially during a blowout loss.

The Texans weren't looking for a true HC or they wouldn't have gone with a guy not even God saw coming. The Texans were looking for a guy to deflect heat from the total tear down and rebuild they won't admit they're doing, but kinda did admit when Nick said it was about the process and not the results. Culley wasn't hired to be a HC. He was hired to pump sunshine and take the heat away from whatever it is Nick and Jack are doing. And it's working. Most of the talk I hear on the radio is about Culley, and very little directed at Nick and Jack anymore. Even here where we've got a time to fire Culley thread going. Hell, Nick is on the ******* headset during games!! What GM is doing that?

Yep. Bad ownership can bring a company down quickly. I've seen it happen in the business world too many times to count.

QB's mother was just a gossip.

Ultimately bad ownership makes bad decisions. Listening to a player's mother without deeper investigation(s) is just another one of those bad decisions.

Yep. Strong franchises can overcome player controversies, but when it happens to bad ownership and dysfunctional front offices, it spells doom.

Watson's arrogance is a symptom, not a root cause. Owner's hubris and stupidity, however, is a cancer that eats from within.

lol Neither of those guys would have worked for Cal, Jack, and a staff that had already been picked for them.

However, with both of those guys, you could see a possible future. Nobody would be referring to them as "placeholders". That term alone indicates what a joke Culley is as a HC. Nobody, not even the Sunshine Pumpers, believes Culley is the future. Even his supporters admit that he'll be gone for a better HC once the talent improves.

Like Speedy said, he's a sock puppet with a headset. He's in over his head and it's sad to even watch him with the press because he's having to regurgitate front office corporate-speak. But that's why he's paid the big bucks so it's hard to feel sorry for him.

Only Texans fans seem myopic enough to buy into a mulligan season (or two, or three. . .), a never-will-be head coach, and a mythical culture leader that seems unable to define the specific culture because it's not necessarily about winning games.

Ditto. There are also some Texans fans gullible enough to believe that the situation the current HC and GM came into was going to be something that could be turned around in 1 off-season by any HC other than Culley…just b/c they were a coordinator before hand. In their eyes, he’s now more “qualified”…I guess then Richard Smith is a more qualified candidate b/c he was a d-coordinator of a shitty defense for a few years here? Belichick, arguably the GOAT HC, struggled with the Browns to maintain in the year the Browns were slated to move and that was with him coming off of a playoff season the year before. That isn’t even half of the dysfunction Culley faced when he took over here. But here we have Texans fans who just know what the deal is. Just, get rid of Easterby, get a HC and we good…

Last edited:
And it's working. Most of the talk I hear on the radio is about Culley, and very little directed at Nick and Jack anymore.
Just curious, are there people out there on talk radio about their GMs & EVPs?

I barely listen to Houston radio. So I have no idea what's going on around the country.

I refuse to scapegoat Dave Culley for the s**t show we have seen. If firing head coaches after their first season being s**tty was en vogue the Dallas Cowboys would never have won one Super Bowl let alone three in the nineties. The Cowboys sucked during Jimmy Johnson's first season but there was no way he was going to be fired after that season. I realize that Culley has never been a coordinator let alone a head coach til now and he is 65 yo, blah blah blah whatever. Jimmy's first season was not good but like us, the Cowboys had little if any talent. I am not saying Dave Culley is anywhere near as good a head coach or talent evaluator as Jimmy Johnson but there is no way we should put so much blame on Dave Culley that he should be fired this soon. Like those Cowboys, we stand to get a Kings ransom in a trade of our star player.

I know Dave Culley has done things that say he is not the right fit as head coach but I myself am not about firing him after one bad season. Give him and the other coaches at least a little more talent to work with and see how things go.

Last edited:

I barely listen to Houston radio. So I have no idea what's going on around the country.

I can’t speak to around the country, but I’m sure GMs take heat all the time. I seriously doubt people even know the names of their teams EVPFO, much less those guys taking any heat.

Locally though, the focus has shifted to how bad the offense is and laying the blame on Kelly and Culley, and not so much the guys who put the roster together and hired the HC and kept the OC in the 1st place.

Ditto. There are also some Texans fans gullible enough to believe that the situation the current HC and GM came into was going to be something that could be turned around in 1 off-season by any HC other than Culley…just b/c they were a coordinator before hand. In their eyes, he’s now more “qualified”…I guess then Richard Smith is a more qualified candidate b/c he was a d-coordinator of a shitty defense for a few years here? Belichick, arguably the GOAT HC, struggled with the Browns to maintain in the year the Browns were slated to move and that was with him coming off of a playoff season the year before. That isn’t even half of the dysfunction Culley faced when he took over here. But here we have Texans fans who just know what the deal is. Just, get rid of Easterby, get a HC and we good…
They have BB gamelan vs Buffalo in the hall of fame. He's always been a great defensive coordinator. Culley has been great at nothing. Every team he was the wr coach for they got better once he left. Of all the people to compare Culley to, you picked the goat

I refuse to scapegoat Dave Culley for the s**t show we have seen. If firing head coaches after their first season being s**tty was en vogue the Dallas Cowboys would never have won one Super Bowl let alone three in the nineties. The Cowboys sucked during Jimmy Johnson's first season but there was no way he was going to be fired after that season. I realize that Culley has never been a coordinator let alone a head coach til now and he is 65 yo, blah blah blah whatever. Jimmy's first season was not good but like us the Cowboys had little if any talent. I am not saying Dave Culley is anywhere near as good a head coach or talent evaluator as Jimmy Johnson but there is no way we should put so much blame on Dave Culley that he should be fired this soon. Like those Cowboys we stand to get a Kings ransom in a trade of our star player.

I know Dave Culley has done things that say he is not the right fit as head coach but I myself am not about firing him after one bad season. Give him and the other coaches at least a little more talent to work with and see how things go.

I'm letting Culley go after next yr unless Caserio can talk McDaniels to come on down to Kirby.

I can’t speak to around the country, but I’m sure GMs take heat all the time. I seriously doubt people even know the names of their teams EVPFO, much less those guys taking any heat.

Locally though, the focus has shifted to how bad the offense is and laying the blame on Kelly and Culley, and not so much the guys who put the roster together and hired the HC and kept the OC in the 1st place.

Embrace the tank.

Tell me exactly what Easterby does and we can have this discussion.

You're right Cal's not his father. Cal figured out a way to kill the golden profiteering goose. The teams about the same as it always has been. Some decent yrs/mostly mediocre yrs/some terrible yrs.

Nothing has changed except Cal made a bad investment in Derrick
The mere fact nobody can tell us what he does, but they say he's does alot of things should give everyone pause.

They have been in Houston since 1990's... not so much the EVP, but yeah the GM

The mere fact nobody can tell us what he does, but they say he's does alot of things should give everyone pause.

Who says he does alot of things.

Can you tell me what the VP of football operations does for any team? Say the Eagles

Again they’re not tanking, they’re just sorry as heck.
Dude, they are tanking because that's the sorry ass roster that was put together. The players and coaches aren't tanking, Nick Caserio is by putting together a roster that is as you say, "sorry as heck". If you're going to tank, that's how you do it. You put together a roster full of special teamers and backups, and tell them they're starters. Vince Lombardi couldn't do much more with this roster than Culley is, except maybe accidentally win a couple more because he's Vince Lombardi. But Caserio didn't want to accidentally win a couple more, that's why Culley is here. Nick is probably pissed as hell that Tennessee gave them 5 extra chances, and the Texans still only barely came through.

Dude, they are tanking because that's the sorry ass roster that was put together. The players and coaches aren't tanking, Nick Caserio is by putting together a roster that is as you say, "sorry as heck". If you're going to tank, that's how you do it. You put together a roster full of special teamers and backups, and tell them they're starters. Vince Lombardi couldn't do much more with this roster than Culley is, except maybe accidentally win a couple more because he's Vince Lombardi. But Caserio didn't want to accidentally win a couple more, that's why Culley is here. Nick is probably pissed as hell that Tennessee gave them 5 extra chances, and the Texans still only barely came through.
Those players and coaches are not out there tanking. Only sime of the fans view them as tanking. But if that's the narrative you want to stick, well more power to you. When you're that sorry you don't have to tank to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back