Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

is it possible???

There are tiebreakers set up already. Head to head, division and conference wins to name some. Strength of schedule couldn't be used though. hehe

All the teams would forfeit and let the Texans win the Superbowl, They are too scared of what we are capable off

That would be a very exciting year if it happened. 32 teams and everyone of the games would not be predictable. A better question is what if everyone tied every game :hmmm:

Wouldnt happen, you know how many teams would try losing the last game to get the #1 draft pick if they knew it was possible?

The division winners would be determined first based upon division records, head-to-heads, conference records, common opponents (they share 12), total point differential (PF - PA), division point differential, conference point differential, and many others.

Once they determined the 8 division winners then they would look for wild card winners using a slightly different set of tiebreakers. It would definitely seem arbitrary.

Oh and I think it would be interesting if every team finished between 6-10 and 10-6. That seems possible if not extremely unlikely.

LORK 88 said:
Wouldnt happen, you know how many teams would try losing the last game to get the #1 draft pick if they knew it was possible?
teams don't tank games for the #1 pick. i can't imagine a player thinking "oh boy, let's go out and lose so we can draft a guy who could take my job!"

Since this is kind of related , did you know it is possible under the system for a 3-13 team to made the playoffs? This is how--
Four teams in a division, play each other six times, they split, each teams record is 3 and 3. All the teams in the division lose all their remaining games. The entire division is 3-13, but a division winner, under the tie breaking rules, would be found and go to the playoffs.
What is even wilder is that team would have a home playoff game because a wild card can not have a home game unless both wild cards play each other in the champinship game.
The opposite of this. Same thing within a division, they split. All teams in the division win all their remaining games. The entire division is 13-3.
One team is division winner, two more are probably wild card teams, but one team is out as only two wild card team can go to the playoffs.
Would like to see what the NFL would do with that.

Think they would go strengh of schedule. I know thats how the Bengals last year won the NFC North and Pitt got the Wildcard spot.

And yes, the season needs to urgently start. I'm sick of waiting. At least the NCAA lax games have tided me over so far. but... now they're over....NOOOOOOOO!!!!

baba ganoush said:
is it possible that every team in the nfl went 8-8, and if so what would happen?

The playoffs would likely come down to one huge coin toss battle. Strength of schedule wouldn't work since every opponent that every team plays would be 8-8 so they'd all be equal. Conference/division records could potentially be different among a bunch of 8-8 teams (could also be the same), but with so many teams tied I'm not sure you could really sort them all out with that.

jgl35 said:
Since this is kind of related , did you know it is possible under the system for a 3-13 team to made the playoffs? This is how--
Four teams in a division, play each other six times, they split, each teams record is 3 and 3. All the teams in the division lose all their remaining games. The entire division is 3-13, but a division winner, under the tie breaking rules, would be found and go to the playoffs.
What is even wilder is that team would have a home playoff game because a wild card can not have a home game unless both wild cards play each other in the champinship game.
The opposite of this. Same thing within a division, they split. All teams in the division win all their remaining games. The entire division is 13-3.
One team is division winner, two more are probably wild card teams, but one team is out as only two wild card team can go to the playoffs.
Would like to see what the NFL would do with that.

Even better, rather than the teams splitting their division games they could all tie every one of them, so you could have a winless 0-13-3 team in the playoffs or an undefeated 13-0-3 team miss the playoffs.

the final tie breaker in the NFL system is a coin flip I believe. At least it was for many many years.

So if all teams went 0-0-16 with no points. 12 teams go to the playoffs by coin toss. Somebody has to win or lose in a playoff game.

all though maybe they should edit that rule just in case. Sorting out 32 teams with a two sided coin might not be so good. They would need to break out some dice!

TexanFan80 said:
what if the earth was rectangular?

LOL

Passing effieciency would be reduced from irregular gravitational fields generated by the rectangular shape of mass. Making it that much less likely that you could score and that much more likely that you would end up with 0-0-16 seasons and needing to resolve the playoffs by mass coin tosses.

kastofsna said:
teams don't tank games for the #1 pick. i can't imagine a player thinking "oh boy, let's go out and lose so we can draft a guy who could take my job!"

This is the first good post I've seen you make since your arrival on this board.

Back