Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Is gary walker still hurt?

Yes and didn't he have problems last year? May be TJ is going to have to fit into the scheme of things more quickly than they thought. Of the 5 or so out so far, Gaffny and Walker are considered starters. Gaffny was a given, but not Walker. Seems like Walker is always one of the walking wounded.

Yeah, G-Funk is one of those vets that really doesnt see the point of training camp. And I dont mind him skipping practices, he plays a very demanding position and will wear down with useless practices. It's not like he is going to learn anything new...

It's bad to have players who "hurt" all the time. It seems some of them are always 'hurt'. Hmm... good luck to Gary in the season.

Fiddy said:
Yeah, G-Funk is one of those vets that really doesnt see the point of training camp. And I dont mind him skipping practices, he plays a very demanding position and will wear down with useless practices. It's not like he is going to learn anything new...

sounds like allen iverson. he should at least have to come to practice just to show his teammates that he cares.

stephen1 said:
sounds like allen iverson. he should at least have to come to practice just to show his teammates that he cares.
He's there. What makes you think he isn't?

F-minus67 said:
Does anyone remember what G-Funk's original injury was anyway?

WORK.......... :fishing:

Well , ok , it may not have been his original injury but thats what he's avoiding now

His Original injury? - Which one bud?? - The guys been hurt alot and played on thru alot of pain. I feel he is one of the few teamers out there who pushes himself even when injured to play.

I could pull info on his list or just quote you the SI list - go here for there list of his injuries

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/3184/injuries.html

Currently - I know Dom has commented on the front page and other places during TC he is holding Gary and Jabar out of some drills due to injury/surgery recovery. I think Gary's is a hamstring pull so they are just taking it easy to not wear him out in TC.

I dissagree, what Walker can learn from training camp is to play as a team. If he isn't in there for everyone else to so call gel. Why have everybody practice together and then when the season starts throw Walker in. It's not just Walker's befinit here, it's to the team's benifit to be in there now. If he dosen't watch it he might lose his starting job. As we already saw, where is Glenn and Sharper.

stephen1 said:
He is at practice.

Bull Pen 1 said:
I dissagree, what Walker can learn from training camp is to play as a team. If he isn't in there for everyone else to so call gel. Why have everybody practice together and then when the season starts throw Walker in. It's not just Walker's befinit here, it's to the team's benifit to be in there now. If he dosen't watch it he might lose his starting job. As we already saw, where is Glenn and Sharper.
What would you rather have:
(a) Walker practicing everyday with the team at one of the most grueling positions so he can gel with 2 other vets and get worn down

or

(b) Walker practicing once every now and then (once a day) and fresh during the season??? (This would also allow the rookie to get more reps with the first team during practice, which I think is more important that getting the 11 year vet to practice)

The DL is a buch of vets (25 years combined in the NFL). They can skip practices. I'd rather have them fresh in the reg. season...

Maybe the reason Walker wears down during the season is because he isn't conditioned, because he does not practice during training camp. Another words he isn't contioned for the regular season.

The DL is a buch of vets (25 years combined in the NFL). They can skip practices.
well heck, why even have the VETS at training camp then. Heck we can just get some reps in with the ones who need it, the rookies. Training camp must be where rookies get to use training wheels and Vets just show up to watch or something.

Walker not getting to practice affects the entire D, but especially him. Vet or not, everyone needs to practice, IMHO. Especially coming off of OFFSEASON.

Walker can't even seem to get through some light contact training camps without an injury. No wonder he is injured almost as soon as the real season starts.

Back