Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Injury Discussion Thread

I just read an article saying that Cleveland due to injuries all year was not expected to get this far. Not a word was mentioned about Houston having the same exact issue if not more injuries. I just don't understand some people.
The Browns had good players get injured.

The Texans had "chumps" get injured. They were on their 4th string QB, our starter was playing.

And we’re on our 8th string receivers, 12th center, 3rd RT, lost count at LG, not to mention guys like Tunsil, WAJ, and Greenard playing through the pain.

Both teams struggled with injuries all year long but I don't think anyone going into this season would have thought the Texans roster was better than the Browns. They won four more games than we did last year (In a tougher division it appears), were getting Watson back, and were entering their coaching staff's fourth season. We are rookie everything and expecting year one of a rebuild. It's not so much about the injuries but when they happened and to who they happened. Plus how deep are you and who is stepping up? They were at the bottom of the well and relying on "Joe Flacco" (Last I checked he had a Super Bowl ring right?) We had Davis Mills and Case Keenum backing our guy up. Yeah we got our guy back in time for the postseason but our guy is a rookie QB playing behind a line everyone made fun of earlier in the season and Laremy Tunsil (when he can play).

I think the Texans have dealt with as much injury adversity as anybody. The timing just worked out better for us and our coaching staff got them all on the same page fast enough to prevent it from derailing the season entirely.

Both teams struggled with injuries all year long but I don't think anyone going into this season would have thought the Texans roster was better than the Browns. They won four more games than we did last year (In a tougher division it appears), were getting Watson back, and were entering their coaching staff's fourth season. We are rookie everything and expecting year one of a rebuild. It's not so much about the injuries but when they happened and to who they happened. Plus how deep are you and who is stepping up? They were at the bottom of the well and relying on "Joe Flacco" (Last I checked he had a Super Bowl ring right?) We had Davis Mills and Case Keenum backing our guy up. Yeah we got our guy back in time for the postseason but our guy is a rookie QB playing behind a line everyone made fun of earlier in the season and Laremy Tunsil (when he can play).

I think the Texans have dealt with as much injury adversity as anybody. The timing just worked out better for us and our coaching staff got them all on the same page fast enough to prevent it from derailing the season entirely.

I don’t disagree with any of that. My point is that no one can use the excuse of injuries when they lose to the Texans. It’s been a MASH unit for the Texans since day 1.

perhaps I am wrong, but I think you are talking about the game and the article was talking about the season.
I'm talking about the season. Nobody cares that Quessenberry, Green, Green, Dell, Ward, Stingley, or any of our guys got hurt, because none of them did anything before this season. The only injury we have on par to Clevelands is Tunsil & he was playing Saturday.

Their roster was expected to win 12 games and possibly get to the AFCCG.

Our roster was supposed to struggle to a 6/7 win season.

Chances for them to replace Chubb was slim to nil once the season started, we were hoping Pierce would rush for 1000 yards, much easier to replace.

I'm talking about the season. Nobody cares that Quessenberry, Green, Green, Dell, Ward, Stingley, or any of our guys got hurt, because none of them did anything before this season. The only injury we have on par to Clevelands is Tunsil & he was playing Saturday.

Their roster was expected to win 12 games and possibly get to the AFCCG.

Our roster was supposed to struggle to a 6/7 win season.

Chances for them to replace Chubb was slim to nil once the season started, we were hoping Pierce would rush for 1000 yards, much easier to replace.

When talking about more impactful injuries the Browns were dealt a more significant blow this past weekend. In the Christmas Eve game, the Texans were dealing with more significant injuries.

But Stroud and Will Anderson were back in the playoffs. The rest is history.

lol what?

Our whole intended offensive line to begin the year and our whole intended secondary I don't think ever played as a unit. We had like 8 injuries to the OL and maybe near the same for the secondary. At various times we had practically zero receivers especially after losing rookie phenom and lynch pin to our rookie star QB and creative offense in Tank Dell, and sometimes had to rely on TE Dalton Schultz to be our main pass target. We spent multiple games without our rookie star QB, rookie star DE, and guys like Blake Cashman and budding star Jonathan Greenard.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting others.

Not only have I never seen a Houston team be as bad with injuries (and oh by the way now we lost Noah Brown again) but I don't think I've ever seen any football team be this bad with injuries over the course of a season.

**** the Browns, really.

lol what?

Our whole intended offensive line to begin the year and our whole intended secondary I don't think ever played as a unit. We had like 8 injuries to the OL and maybe near the same for the secondary. At various times we had practically zero receivers especially after losing rookie phenom and lynch pin to our rookie star QB and creative offense in Tank Dell, and sometimes had to rely on TE Dalton Schultz to be our main pass target. We spent multiple games without our rookie star QB, rookie star DE, and guys like Blake Cashman and budding star Jonathan Greenard.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting others.

Not only have I never seen a Houston team be as bad with injuries (and oh by the way now we lost Noah Brown again) but I don't think I've ever seen any football team be this bad with injuries over the course of a season.

**** the Browns, really.
Especially the souless Haslem's.

Noah Brown had been struggling with injury and now this ending his season
As I posted in the Injury Thread, Brown's transverse process vertebral fracture causes a great deal of pain because of the associated surrounding muscle spasms. Due to the fact that the transverse process does not have any impact on the spinal cord, nerve structures or disc, a fracture of this structure is usually considered a stable fracture. But any movement of the back muscles tug on the fractured segment and universally causes a great deal of spasm of these muscles. A player is limited by his pain tolerance......the pain often leaving the player out or very severely compromised for various periods of time.

Once the player can manage the pain and be appropriately protected (usually with heavy padding), they can be returned back to play. Typical recovery time is approximately 4-8 weeks depending on the extent of the injury. Small fractures can potentially return back within a 2-3 week time frame.

You might ask why some QBs having sustained this injury return very quickly (ala Tony Romo in 2 weeks)..........it's simply that most are not often exposed to repeated high impact hits.

When a player is trying to protect one part of his body, injury to another is common.

1705360373604.png

As I posted in the Injury Thread, Brown's transverse process vertebral fracture causes a great deal of pain because of the associated surrounding muscle spasms. Due to the fact that the transverse process does not have any impact on the spinal cord, nerve structures or disc, a fracture of this structure is usually considered a stable fracture. But any movement of the back muscles tug on the fractured segment and universally causes a great deal of spasm of these muscles. A player is limited by his pain tolerance......the pain often leaving the player out or very severely compromised for various periods of time.

Once the player can manage the pain and be appropriately protected (usually with heavy padding), they can be returned back to play. Typical recovery time is approximately 4-8 weeks depending on the extent of the injury. Small fractures can potentially return back within a 2-3 week time frame.

You might ask why some QBs having sustained this injury return very quickly (ala Tony Romo in 2 weeks)..........it's simply that most are not often exposed to repeated high impact hits.

When a player is trying to protect one part of his body, injury to another is common.

View attachment 13470

I got one of those! The piece with the fracture is just floating around in there though.

Tart didn’t play in the first game because we had picked him up that week. Im just making it up but I dont think DeMeco likes him much. Tart hasn’t really gotten much playing time at all… but has been disruptive when he’s out there. Attitude problems previously with the Titans. I don’t know. We need Tart.

Despite Tunsil being listed as "not injury related/rest," it was definitely injury related. These Injury Reports are disingenuous, and certainly not monitored by the NFL for veracity..........except very occasionally when a high profile player is called out as an example for an obvious obfuscation.
I thought the exact same and it made me chuckle.

Despite Tunsil being listed as "not injury related/rest," it was definitely injury related. These Injury Reports are disingenuous, and certainly not monitored by the NFL for veracity..........except very occasionally when a high profile player is called out as an example for an obvious obfuscation.
Big Man gutting it out and playing pretty well in the process. I'm pretty sure getting rolled up on last game didn't help matters much.

INJURY REPORT

HOUSTON TEXANS
Table - Injury report
PlayerPositionInjuryTueWedThuGame Status
Andrew BeckFBBackDNPDNPUnspecified
Dieter EiselenGIllnessDNPFPUnspecified
Jerry HughesDEAnkleDNPDNPUnspecified
Sheldon RankinsDTRibs / ShoulderDNPDNPUnspecified
Will Anderson Jr.DEAnkleLPDNPUnspecified
Blake CashmanLBKneeLPLPUnspecified
Maliek CollinsDTHipLPLPUnspecified
Jonathan GreenardDEAnkleLPDNPUnspecified
John Metchie IIIWRFootLPLPUnspecified
Denzel PerrymanMLBRibsLPLPUnspecified
Robert WoodsWRHipLPLPUnspecified
Christian HarrisLBCalfLPUnspecified
Kris BoydCBHamstringLPUnspecified
BALTIMORE RAVENS

Table - Injury report
AnkleLPFP(-)
Jadeveon ClowneyOLBIllnessDNP(-)
Devin DuvernayWRBackFPFP(-)
Zay FlowersWRCalfLPFP(-)
Malik HarrisonLBGroinLPFP(-)
Marlon HumphreyCBCalfDNPDNP(-)
Odafe OwehLBAnkleLPFP(-)
Del'Shawn PhillipsLBShoulderDNPDNP(-)
Tylan WallaceWRKneeDNPDNP(-)

Any word on if Anderson/Greenard had planned rest today or did they suffer a setback?

INJURY REPORT

HOUSTON TEXANS
Table - Injury report
Andrew BeckFBBackDNPDNPUnspecified
Dieter EiselenGIllnessDNPFPUnspecified
Jerry HughesDEAnkleDNPDNPUnspecified
Sheldon RankinsDTRibs / ShoulderDNPDNPUnspecified
Will Anderson Jr.DEAnkleLPDNPUnspecified
Blake CashmanLBKneeLPLPUnspecified
Maliek CollinsDTHipLPLPUnspecified
Jonathan GreenardDEAnkleLPDNPUnspecified
John Metchie IIIWRFootLPLPUnspecified
Denzel PerrymanMLBRibsLPLPUnspecified
Robert WoodsWRHipLPLPUnspecified
Christian HarrisLBCalfLPUnspecified
Kris BoydCBHamstringLPUnspecified

Nearly a quarter (24.5%) of the Texans roster is on the injury report. It would be 26.4% if Tunsil hadn't magically vanished somehow.

Any word on if Anderson/Greenard had planned rest today or did they suffer a setback?
Both came out of the last game worse than when they went in. Taping and injections may get them through the next game. PRP (platelet rich plasma) would be incorporated, but that usually takes at least 2-3 weeks to kick in. None of the practices this week were much more that light, so that does add a little more concern when there isn't partial participation. But hard to tell how the Texans are handling their players in the playoffs.

Both came out of the last game worse than when they went in. Taping and injections may get them through the next game. PRP (platelet rich plasma) would be incorporated, but that usually takes at least 2-3 weeks to kick in. None of the practices this week were much more that light, so that does add a little more concern when there isn't partial participation. But hard to tell how the Texans are handling their players in the playoffs.
I think they're not putting anymore wear and tear on their players than they absolutely have too at this stage of the season. Practice isn't really as important as film study and being able to participate in the games.

Mark Andrews will probably try to play for the first time since sustaining a high ankle sprain/distal fibula fracture.

He looked to moving around pretty well in practice from what I saw in clips. He probably will be on a snap count. Lively has looked great as his replacement.

Few hours ago found this on Will Anderson being off injury report
Texans EDGE Will Anderson (ankle) has been removed from the injury report and will be active for the Divisional Round.
The sensational rookie was utilized in his typical role for the Wild Card Round and seems to have avoided setbacks. He’s probably not particularly close to 100 percent healthy, but the Texans are going to need a big play or two from the No. 3 overall pick to have a legitimate shot at springing the Ravens upset.
Anderson had a monster game vs them week 1.

Hopefully he can replicate some of that although his ankle has clearly been an issue for him recently.

Few hours ago found this on Will Anderson being off injury report
Texans EDGE Will Anderson (ankle) has been removed from the injury report and will be active for the Divisional Round.
The sensational rookie was utilized in his typical role for the Wild Card Round and seems to have avoided setbacks. He’s probably not particularly close to 100 percent healthy, but the Texans are going to need a big play or two from the No. 3 overall pick to have a legitimate shot at springing the Ravens upset.
Typical PR statement generated by the team. The wording "setback"............you don't have to have a literal setback in order to experience further trauma to the injured area, which Anderson has progressively experienced with continued play. The only thing that we can realistically expect is that he can affect an occasional positive to the game........without suffering a permanently debilitating negative.

Back