Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Injury Discussion Thread

Based off career production, Babin went pretty much where he should have gone in the 2004 draft. The problem was that the majority of Babin's production came after he left the Texans. 51.5 of Jason's 64.5 sacks came after he was traded.

Here is the breakdown of the draft day trade that ended with the Texans selecting Babin at 1.27 in the 2004 draft.
I got my first neg rep on my first post for criticizing that trade

I got my first neg rep on my first post for criticizing that trade
I bought a Babin custom jersey (Battle Red) before ever seeing him play. In the first game of the season, we parked in the green lot and another guy in a Babin jersey parked next to us. I thought, "What are the odds of two guys wearing Babin custom jerseys parking next to each other?" It was Babin's dad. We parked next to each other all season.

I bought a Babin custom jersey (Battle Red) before ever seeing him play. In the first game of the season, we parked in the green lot and another guy in a Babin jersey parked next to us. I thought, "What are the odds of two guys wearing Babin custom jerseys parking next to each other?" It was Babin's dad. We parked next to each other all season.
That’s a great story. I have one similar but not an NFL related. Definitely was an awesome experience regardless. Thanks for sharing.

Is 2 people working together a great thing?

God, I hope that’s not some weird trick question that’s flying over my head. :)

That said, I think DeMeco knows as much about the current draft board as Nick does. I’m pretty certain that DeMeco will continue to trade down. From his interview at the owner’s meeting, he see’s a “sweet spot” of players that will be available in the 3rd and 4th rounds, and he wants to stockpile those picks. I won’t be shocked if he uses both those 2nd rounders to end up with 6 or 7 3rd and 4th rounders at the end of day. QUALITY DEPTH!

God, I hope that’s not some weird trick question that’s flying over my head. :)

That said, I think DeMeco knows as much about the current draft board as Nick does. I’m pretty certain that DeMeco will continue to trade down. From his interview at the owner’s meeting, he see’s a “sweet spot” of players that will be available in the 3rd and 4th rounds, and he wants to stockpile those picks. I won’t be shocked if he uses both those 2nd rounders to end up with 6 or 7 3rd and 4th rounders at the end of day. QUALITY DEPTH!
I think Caserio and the scouts bring Ryans a cluster of 5-10 players that they think will be there at each pick in every rd. Ryans tells them the guys he prefers and they look further into the players tape/character/love of football etc... then come draft time it's Caserio's job to move around in the draft to get as many of the guys Ryans likes as he can get.

Last edited:
Back