Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I'm Done

bdiddy

Waterboy
Its official, I guess I have to become a Cowboys fan.

Bob McNair is officially a bigger idiot than Bud Adams.

You're going to say that before either of the players takes the field? Can you tell me how you look into the future? I'd like to know.

bdiddy said:

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya...

TexanSam said:
You're going to say that before either of the players takes the field? Can you tell me how you look into the future? I'd like to know.

Does it even matter how Mario does on the field? The point is that everyone wanted a marketable player, an impact player, a can't-miss player like Vince Young or Reggie Bush, or at least to be able to trade down and get more picks, and the front office didn't do ANY of those things. They slapped their fans in the FACE. Slapped, us, in, the, face.

Snapple said:
Does it even matter how Mario does on the field? The point is that everyone wanted a marketable player, an impact player, a can't-miss player like Vince Young or Reggie Bush, or at least to be able to trade down and get more picks, and the front office didn't do ANY of those things. They slapped their fans in the FACE. Slapped, us, in, the, face.

If the team always listens to the fans, the team would be in extremely deep trouble. Look at Philadelphia. They wanted Ricky Williams and were booed very loudly when they chose Donovan McNabb. That didn't turn out too bad did it? I don't think it's a slap in the face. Many of you think differently, but if this pick turns out the way they hope it does, the Texans and McNair are going to be laughing in your face (figuratively).

TexanSam said:

I am not saying Mario Williams is going to be a bad player, but we could have gotten him a 4, why the hell are we taking him at 1.

Would you buy a $100,000 Ferrari for $500,000. It is just plain stupid.

And, yes, I think Reggie would have had a bigger impact.

Nice job Asserly...not only do you pass on Vince Young, you pass on Reggie Bush. So you don't want the Heisman Trophy winner, you don't want the Rose Bowl Hero and you don't want a left tackle that can keep a QB standing up....hmm....let me think.....lets go with Mario Williams instead. Brilliant.

Man **** this ****! I did not sit through a 2-14 season for this bull****.

Why the hell do you tender a third round pick for Peek then spend 12.5 million in a signing bonus for Weaver just to go out and pass on the hometown hero and then the guy everyone says is the best player. WTF is that?

I am gonna be sick!

I do not get it, what is the value in announcing the signing of Williams? You never know what kind of trade offers we could get as we go on the clock.

Additionally, we could easily move down to number 4. Sure we might not have gotten a king's ransom, but something is better than nothing.

We already did that at the other side of the d line so we needed symmetry.

bdiddy said:

Welcome aboard. About time you made the right decision.:yahoo:

pipeline said:

We already did that at the other side of the d line so we needed symmetry.
I have rarely posted here on this forum before, but I don't like the Mario signing. At least not the first pick of draft. As much suffering as the Texan's fans went through last year, this kinda of sucks.

I respect the organization for putting team need before public opinion. Given all the attention we gave to the offense in free agency, it makes sense to help out the defense. I wouldn't be surprised if Williams proves to be another Bruce Smith (#1 in 1985) and Bush turns out to be another Ki-Jana (#1 in 1995). GO TEXANS!!!

Obviously by my moniker, you know who i wanted, but i support my team and now i find it funny that all those Reggie Bush fan's will no longer be on this board after they came on here and talked all that Sheet. Peace and go Texan's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Texansfan5 said:
Nice job Asserly...not only do you pass on Vince Young, you pass on Reggie Bush. So you don't want the Heisman Trophy winner, you don't want the Rose Bowl Hero and you don't want a left tackle that can keep a QB standing up....hmm....let me think.....lets go with Mario Williams instead. Brilliant.

How many Superbowls Did Andre Ware (skills like Vince Young) and Barry Sanders (game breaking running back) win? 0

Oh well how many apparances? 0
Oh well how many playoffs? Sanders 1 Ware 0

Julius Peppers has been in a superbowl and playoffs the last 3 years.. Hmmm... Interesting.

Yeah how about:

1. Courtney Brown
2. Dan Wilkinson
3. Steve Etman

Last three D-Linemen taken number #1. Wow that is great company.

bdiddy said:

If you can actually become a Cowboys fan because of this pick then you were never a Texans fan in the first place.

LongBignasty1 said:
Obviously by my moniker, you know who i wanted, but i support my team and now i find it funny that all those Reggie Bush fan's will no longer be on this board after they came on here and talked all that Sheet. Peace and go Texan's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So this could be seen as an olive branch to Vince fans? Very interesting.

bdiddy said:

That is your choice and you have a right to it, I can't wait to beat your team in week 6 this coming season, maybe we'll get some of these fairweather fans back when Mario sacks Drew Bledsoe 3 times and we win by 20.

Paragon Blue said:
Goodbye!!! You will be back once this team starts winning this year!!!!

Ain't gonna happen. They will be extremely lucky to even get to 7-9. Probably more like 4-12. Thanks McNair, you cheapskate!

dwilt72 said:
Ain't gonna happen. They will be extremely lucky to even get to 7-9. Probably more like 4-12. Thanks McNair, you cheapskate!

Yea if we had Reggie wed be superbowl contenders.... :rolleyes:

Back