Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I'm back!!!

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
Well I just got out of boot camp and now I'm a military man. I have missed all of what has happened so far this season, will someone please fill me in. I know the texans are struggling, but why.

Carr Bomb said:
Well I just got out of boot camp and now I'm a military man. I have missed all of what has happened so far this season, will someone please fill me in. I know the texans are struggling, but why.

Congrats on boot camp and the military. As far as the Texans struggle, honestly you will probably get tons of different answers. Basically the O line is horrible, AJ has been dropping passes, Palmer was fired and O line coach Joe Pendry took over as O coordinator, Carr seems to have regressed in his mechanics, our secondary does not have an INT in 3 games. I am sure I am forgetting some things, I am sure others will add to this.

texan279 said:
Congrats on boot camp and the military. As far as the Texans struggle, honestly you will probably get tons of different answers. Basically the O line is horrible, AJ has been dropping passes, Palmer was fired and O line coach Joe Pendry took over as O coordinator, Carr seems to have regressed in his mechanics, our secondary does not have an INT in 3 games. I am sure I am forgetting some things, I am sure others will add to this.

In other words the **** has hit the fan

Hey Carr Bomb what is your mos. I'm stationed at Ft. Campbell,KY. Good luck and I hope your carreer is as successful as mine has been so far.

our Defense is still not an agressive attacking defense
We still don't have a TE
We still have the best cheerleaders in the NFL .. I guess that takes you away from our woes seeing them :rolleyes:

Seeing what kind of mood everybody is in its probably good I missed the first three game, For me the season starts today. I had high hopes for this this team this season, but I'll still support them and pray they can turn it around and if all else fails, we still have the astros to be excited about.

Also how have individual players done so far, like AJ and DD and have any of our Rookies been given a chance or made and contributions so far.

Carr Bomb, congrats on making it thru boot camp. Being a Gulf War vet I completely understand how tough the military can be. Hang in there, you will benefit greatly from the experiences.

As far as the team goes, they have the exact same problems that they had the 2nd half of last season and basically nothing was done in the offseason to address their issues.

- Offensive line is still one of the worst in the league.
- Defense gets zero pressure on QB's.
- Andre can't get the ball.
- Carr is still lost in space.
- They gave up several high drafts picks on players that are not very good.

The only difference is that the players themselves don't expect to win and pat themselves on the back for what they consider improvement. And a majority of the national media and NFL fandom consider them the worst team in the league.

Sorry for the disappointing news. Things should get better next season.

Carr Bomb said:
Also how have individual players done so far, like AJ and DD and have any of our Rookies been given a chance or made and contributions so far.

Domanick and Andre have been non-factors so far.

- Travis Johnson has made about 2 tackles.
- Morency hasn't had a single carry.
- Mathis looks like he might be a good returner after one game.
- CC Brown has played the best of all our rookies and looks to be pretty solid.

Welcome to the United States military! Congratulations on making through boot camp, I am proud of you and want to say, Thank You for defending our freedom. Myself and others who post to this site have been through the same difficulties and hurtles that you are only now experencing. Just remember, there is nothing more honorable in this life than someone willing to lay down his life for their brother. Because of your sacrifice, I can sleep better at night knowing that I have a fellow Texan yeilding a M-16 (or M-4) (or even a 60-cal) putting their life on the line for me and my family. You are a great American. And to all the others who served, Thank You.
~Proteus

Carr Bomb said:

As other posters have already pointed out this is a complete breakdown from Casserly to, well probably the waterboy isn't doing his job either. Maybe one exception to that is our kickers who have gotten the job done. Basically that means it looks like 2002 only the offense and defense aren't as good.

Back