Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

If we have to start over and had the option, would you change our team name?

Would you change the team name if you could?

• Yes

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

HTown2ATX

TexansMetalhead
Make no mistake. I am as die hard as any other fan for the Texans. I watched only one NFL game between the last HOUSTON Oiler game and the 1st Texans game and that game was the Rams-Titans Super Bowl only to see if Bud was really gonna win after he took the team and left. Other than that I watched ZERO football. So, please, no fair weather crap.

The name Texans has grown on me.....I've spent and recieved as gifts what has to be thousands of dollars worth of Texans gear, etc. I sport my stuff every year despite how bad or mediocre and on rare occasion how well we play.

During todays game, it was just starting to grate on me the name Texans. There was one play where Sanchez was literally laughing after he completed a pass on his career day here in Houston. I think most of us admit that the team is a joke nationally and the team name Texans does not inspire toughness or help our image. At least that's how I'm seeing it all of the sudden right now. There is no way I would ever abanden this team, but maybe we could use a tougher name?

So, that's my question. Considering the fact that we have never been "built", if we were to have to rebuild by firing Kubiak after this year (before anyone shart's their pants and attacks me, I am NOT giving up on the season yet after one game and/or advocating firing Kubiak tomorrow, but I am doubting we make the playoffs at the moment and if that happens Kubiak may need to go) would you also want the name changed?

If so, what would you want it changed too?

I vote for the "Houston Executioners" lol. It's not politically correct, should "instill fear" and hell, Huntsville is close enough right? (please no one start a post on your death penalty feelings....not trying to go there)

The real Texans, the honorable men that bravely fought and died for our independence, are rolling over in their graves right now. The way our team played today makes me deeply ashamed that we are named after the true Texans.

we have a term in the Navy: You can polish a turd all you want but you'll still just end up with a pile of Sh*t

I vote for the "Quitters". But I could accept the "No-Efforts" or the "We're Making Millions we don't Cares".

Back