Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

If they win next week ....

Just like the title says , if they beat the 9ers is all right in the world @ 3-2??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It certainly would be better than losing. I dont think Schaub wins anyone back even if he is 28/32 380 yards 3 td 0 ints and 55 yards rushing

Nope. San Fran is also 2-2. Texans have to play well consistently, over a period of weeks for me to say that "all is right".

It's the best they can do this week, but I would say they have to win their next three games before the bye for me to think all is right.

Is all right in the world ..... if they beat the 9ers in San Fran ?!
Not for me. I'll be disappointed until they have firm command of the division.

1 step further...what if Matt Schaub has a monster game? Something like 4 TDs, no Ints and a ton of yards. Is Matt back to being acceptable?

No....after yesteday's loss, they'll have to rip off 3-4 straight and look like a SB contending team for me not to feel like this season is destined for the same ol ****.......meaning:

converting on 3rd down better than they've been doing

converting TD's in the red zone when they get there

stopping with the dumb penalties...looking at you KJ

playing a full 60 minutes of good football on both sides of the ball

And of course NOT THROWING PICK 6's.

Nope. Unless there is a fundamental shift in Kubiak's brain processes, we'll be back to the same old Texans again at some point.

You know , not to derail the thread .... But I have to wonder when as a coach your philosophy changes after blowing a few leads and rather than sitting on the clock , you put the pedal to the metal.

Still , I find it very difficult to blame the coaches for the loss against the SeaDucks .... They had them 20-3 and if not for two costly turnovers would have beaten a team most have as one of the top 3 in the league handily.

No Vote on an "IF they Win" poll.

If they win, it will disprove my opinion after the week 2 win that they win ugly against pretenders and don't know how to win against contenders. I expect fully, based on looking back in past seasons and what is being confirmed so far this season, this team will lay an egg when playing up to the top teams in the NFL. I do not think it's a matter of talent. That's what kills me. But I've been hearing the quacking for too long to call what it is now anything but a duck.

Nah, just one win over .500 is not good enough.

It would help though, since Indy beat them it is pretty much a must win if we want to still own our own destiny of winning the division.

This is football.

There are ebbs and flows in a season just like there are ebbs and flows in a game.

This is a team that's close to greatness. This offense made the vaunted Seahawk defense look ridiculous through the first half.

Even if we don't beat the Niners, we can still turn this season around and win the Super Bowl. You have to get hot at the right time and the right time isn't through the first half of the season. We should have learned that lesson last year. We were the hot team early and the Ravens got hot late. A few years ago, the Giants limp in at 8-8 and then get hot and win it all.

I'm not done with this season, yet.

This is football.

There are ebbs and flows in a season just like there are ebbs and flows in a game.

This is a team that's close to greatness. This offense made the vaunted Seahawk defense look ridiculous through the first half.

Even if we don't beat the Niners, we can still turn this season around and win the Super Bowl. You have to get hot at the right time and the right time isn't through the first half of the season. We should have learned that lesson last year. We were the hot team early and the Ravens got hot late. A few years ago, the Giants limp in at 8-8 and then get hot and win it all.

what he said its just the 1st qtr of the SEASON!!!! and everyone Is freakin

sadly I don't think matt can get Red hot come Div round of the playoffs LOL ....

I'm not satisfied unless it's an absolutely blow out, and if it is a blow out I want to know what the hell the problem was the last two weeks. The consistency and lack of killer instinct in this team is something that has aggravated me for a very long time.

I'm not satisfied unless it's an absolutely blow out, and if it is a blow out I want to know what the hell the problem was the last two weeks. The consistency and lack of killer instinct in this team is something that has aggravated me for a very long time.

Its called the NFL. And we dont have Manning, Brees, Brady, or Rogers as our QB. So we have to get hot and hitting on all cylinders at the right time to win big (aka the playoffs).. And fortunately, that time is not right now.

This is football.

Amen to that!!! The Packers are another team that barely got into playoffs but caught fire at the right time. This season is far from over!

So, basically, rather than expect excellence from our team we just hope they "get hot" at the right time? Sorry. I don't buy into that philosophy.

We all knew this was going to be a rough stretch and if they win against the Niners it'll be a good accomplishment for a team that's currently a mediocre team. The goalis to get hot aat the right time of the year. This is so olive said last year and this year. There are huge flaws with this team and I don't think they'll be able to fix everything. Kubiak has to acknowledge and has to be more flexible, if not it's going to get ugly for him and his team pretty quick.

It certainly would be better than losing. I dont think Schaub wins anyone back even if he is 28/32 380 yards 3 td 0 ints and 55 yards rushing

you mean 0.55 yards rushing. I'd be happier if they won and this bumb doesn't throw another pick six. But I think that a heartbreaking game like the loss to SEA can start 2 trends.

One - It will ignite a fire in the players and hopefully our thick headed HC and they'll play smarter and with greater intensity

or

Two - it will carry over and it will cost the team another loss and enventually doom The Texans.

This is football.

41251_CuC527Ac1tpAqbi.jpg

you mean 0.55 yards rushing. I'd be happier if they won and this bumb doesn't throw another pick six. But I think that a heartbreaking game like the loss to SEA can start 2 trends.

One - It will ignite a fire in the players and hopefully our thick headed HC and they'll play smarter and with greater intensity

or

Two - it will carry over and it will cost the team another loss and enventually doom The Texans.

No I didn't mean 0.55

Nothing has changed. The Texans weren't right when they were 2-0 and they won't be right at 3-2. This mess at QB has been happening for years and it's not going to go away until he does. Now we can debate which "he" it is that needs to leave all day long (Matt? Gary? Matt & Gary?....) but the situation is pretty obvious. In a league where successful QB's need to be strong armed, athletic and elusive, as well as being able to perform under pressure we have a guy who has an ok arm, scarcely a hint of athleticism, and who makes terrible decisions when under fire.

I don't know how else to explain it. It's not about the line not giving him time or protection. Every week teams all over the NFL face problems protecting their QB's. It's a league where QB's simply cannot be protected consistently by talent alone. Offensive linemen are dropping like flies all over the league and teams continue to produce that have a guy back there who can turn it up a notch when the pressure is on. Our guy can't do that. He's much better at it than the guy before him but he's not up to the standard we need to get where we want to go. He's a top-flight backup in todays game. That's all.

We have all the tools to win, #1 Ranked Defense and #4 Ranked Offense.
We should very well win this I we play mistake and penalty free. It's all going to come down to how Schuab handles the situation after this past Sunday.

This is football.

None of us really are done with the season. We're just hoping we figure out how to get around the same problem we've had for two years (more than that really). Maybe this year we'll work it out.

Even if we don't beat the Niners, we can still turn this season around and win the Super Bowl.

I'm more worried about losing 3 in a row than I am about losing to San Francisco.

Talent wise I think we're on par with San Francisco. This is about the Texans will to win. For me.

All that huff'n & puff'n & team meetings & what not mean nothing if they can't win this game.

We've been losing because of lapses in focus making it harder on us to win... both offensively & defensively.

Back