If they win next week ....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Corrosion, Sep 30, 2013.

?

Just like the title says , if they beat the 9ers is all right in the world @ 3-2??

Poll closed Oct 6, 2013.
  1. Yes that was a brutal stretch of schedule

22.6%
  2. No , Not no , Hell No!

28.3%
  3. 3-2 is better than the alternative .... but Im not satisfied.

49.1%
  1. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Is all right in the world ..... if they beat the 9ers in San Fran ?!

2. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

It certainly would be better than losing. I dont think Schaub wins anyone back even if he is 28/32 380 yards 3 td 0 ints and 55 yards rushing

3. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Nope. San Fran is also 2-2. Texans have to play well consistently, over a period of weeks for me to say that "all is right".

4. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Nope. Unless there is a fundamental shift in Kubiak's brain processes, we'll be back to the same old Texans again at some point.

5. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

It's the best they can do this week, but I would say they have to win their next three games before the bye for me to think all is right.

6. Exascor

Exascor Hall of Fame

Not for me. I'll be disappointed until they have firm command of the division.

1 step further...what if Matt Schaub has a monster game? Something like 4 TDs, no Ints and a ton of yards. Is Matt back to being acceptable?

7. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

No....after yesteday's loss, they'll have to rip off 3-4 straight and look like a SB contending team for me not to feel like this season is destined for the same ol ****.......meaning:

converting on 3rd down better than they've been doing

converting TD's in the red zone when they get there

stopping with the dumb penalties...looking at you KJ

playing a full 60 minutes of good football on both sides of the ball

And of course NOT THROWING PICK 6's.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

You know , not to derail the thread .... But I have to wonder when as a coach your philosophy changes after blowing a few leads and rather than sitting on the clock , you put the pedal to the metal.

Still , I find it very difficult to blame the coaches for the loss against the SeaDucks .... They had them 20-3 and if not for two costly turnovers would have beaten a team most have as one of the top 3 in the league handily.

9. Trail.Blazr

Trail.Blazr All Pro

No Vote on an "IF they Win" poll.

If they win, it will disprove my opinion after the week 2 win that they win ugly against pretenders and don't know how to win against contenders. I expect fully, based on looking back in past seasons and what is being confirmed so far this season, this team will lay an egg when playing up to the top teams in the NFL. I do not think it's a matter of talent. That's what kills me. But I've been hearing the quacking for too long to call what it is now anything but a duck.

10. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Nah, just one win over .500 is not good enough.

It would help though, since Indy beat them it is pretty much a must win if we want to still own our own destiny of winning the division.

11. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

12. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

This is football.

There are ebbs and flows in a season just like there are ebbs and flows in a game.

This is a team that's close to greatness. This offense made the vaunted Seahawk defense look ridiculous through the first half.

Even if we don't beat the Niners, we can still turn this season around and win the Super Bowl. You have to get hot at the right time and the right time isn't through the first half of the season. We should have learned that lesson last year. We were the hot team early and the Ravens got hot late. A few years ago, the Giants limp in at 8-8 and then get hot and win it all.

I'm not done with this season, yet.

Nitrofish likes this.
  13. Norg

Norg -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

what he said its just the 1st qtr of the SEASON!!!! and everyone Is freakin

sadly I don't think matt can get Red hot come Div round of the playoffs LOL ....

14. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

I'm not satisfied unless it's an absolutely blow out, and if it is a blow out I want to know what the hell the problem was the last two weeks. The consistency and lack of killer instinct in this team is something that has aggravated me for a very long time.

15. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

Its called the NFL. And we dont have Manning, Brees, Brady, or Rogers as our QB. So we have to get hot and hitting on all cylinders at the right time to win big (aka the playoffs).. And fortunately, that time is not right now.

16. dream_team

dream_team Hall of Fame

Amen to that!!! The Packers are another team that barely got into playoffs but caught fire at the right time. This season is far from over!

17. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

So, basically, rather than expect excellence from our team we just hope they "get hot" at the right time? Sorry. I don't buy into that philosophy.

18. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

We all knew this was going to be a rough stretch and if they win against the Niners it'll be a good accomplishment for a team that's currently a mediocre team. The goalis to get hot aat the right time of the year. This is so olive said last year and this year. There are huge flaws with this team and I don't think they'll be able to fix everything. Kubiak has to acknowledge and has to be more flexible, if not it's going to get ugly for him and his team pretty quick.

19. cstyle42

cstyle42 All Pro

They are not winning this game. Kubiak is too hardheaded and Schaub is too terrible.

20. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

you mean 0.55 yards rushing. I'd be happier if they won and this bumb doesn't throw another pick six. But I think that a heartbreaking game like the loss to SEA can start 2 trends.

One - It will ignite a fire in the players and hopefully our thick headed HC and they'll play smarter and with greater intensity

or

Two - it will carry over and it will cost the team another loss and enventually doom The Texans.