I don't know any other way to say this

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hervoyel, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

We are at the precipice of another 2005-esque season.

The thing I'm most wondering after 3 weeks of football is whether we intend to keep anyone under 30 points this season.

In our three games we've seen that if our offense sucks we're going to give up 30+ and lose, if our offense is very ordinary we're going to give up 30+ and lose, and now finally if our offense plays well and racks up 27 points without any turnovers or sacks we're going to give up 30+ and lose.

I'm not on a ledge or anything so save your "Oh here come the chicken-little's out to cry about the season being over after 3 games". I can't find enough passion about the Texans to care enough to be crushed by the results today. They are more or less what I expect out of the team every week now. I'm just kind of back in that pattern of wondering how long they're going to let this (our inept defense) go before they do something about it.

I'm wondering if we're going to give up 30 points a game all year long and then get a list of excuses and injuries to explain it and then be looking at 2009 with the same defense talking about "taking it up to the next level" and producing nothing. No sacks, no turnovers, no pressure, no run defense, no pass defense, no containing the QB, no stopping anybody.

This is just embarrassing.

2. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I thought we played better but my biggest concern by far is that Mario , Demeco , and AJ are sliding with the team .

3. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

There is no way we a a 2-14 team

u saying that we cant beat the Lions fins or Cincy at home ??????

4. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

of course we can.:bat:

5. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Now granted we own the fish for some reason that no one can explain but you do understand that we've never beaten Cincinnati or Detroit don't you?

I see no reason to believe that our defense will hold either of those teams under 30 points. I was worried that Smith's unit would finish up around 24-25 in the league again but it's starting to look to me like he has his sights set on 30-32.

6. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

Yep,

What I am most concerned about, is that this team looks exactly like it always has....I haven't seen any progression, esp. on defense.

I've wanted Smith gone since his first year, and would love to see a change made now.

7. KEYE SUX

KEYE SUX Veteran

That is 3-13. Not much different. It was killing me when Millen got fired from the Lions and it showed them with the WORST win percentage (WE ARE SECOND)

If we do not win at least 7 games this season will be a failure. I think we could do it but I also thought we would have a 10-6 record at the beginning of the season so what do I know?

8. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

I say wait until we have a few home games before we start talking 1st pick in the draft.

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

This is exactly how I feel at this point. I root and cheer but at the end we're still at the bottom of the league and we can only hope to beat teams that really suck bad which might turn out to beat us. Who are we to laugh at the Lions, Raiders, and Dolphins? We're in the same boat as them in the rest of the NFL's eyes.

10. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

To me, I think we beat the Bengals and the Lions due to their QB issues and the fact that they have even less of a defense than we do (both of those teams).

But yeah, if our D doesn't un**** itself soon then we are in serious trouble.

11. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

well your pretty much just the opposite of me. but one thing is for sure. if your right and im wrong it will be because of the defense. im not sure why some of you cant see improvement in our offense. they look like they should be a top 10 unit this year.

12. houstonhurricane

houstonhurricane All Pro

We sure as heck better beat Detroit and Cincy at home. The Fish could give us some trouble...

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Did Dick Smith really need another thread ? .... Fire the bastard already Gary .... or stay loyal to your guy and suffer the same fate that Dum Capers did. :mcnugget:

14. CoastalTexan

CoastalTexan Veteran

What is our Defense ranked right now???

15. Scooter

Scooter Funky

we have a defense? :mcnugget:

16. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Very true.

It says about the team when fans get excited about playing these teams so they can be proud of a win.

============================

The Texans just lost to a 1-2* team after the offense "finally played like they are capable". Pardon me if I'm not celebrating right now.

I know, they are now 2-2. Very exciting.

17. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

They look like they should be a top ten unit this year?? :thinking:

Because they came close to beating a team hampered with injuries that has been struggling and is 1-3 now but still lost? I guess you're just disregarding the first two games because they weren't what you wanted to see.

There is not one team in the league that is worried about this offense right now. Not one. They finally improved this week, but they have a ton of work to do.

18. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

the Texans suck, oops thought thats what you where going to spew :baby:

Kubiak & staff blew another opportunity, take the penalty @ the beginning of the game, defense looked good, instead they declined & Del Rio hustled his offense going for it on 4th down breaking down a confused special teams unit thinking it was a punt. WHERES THE FREAKEN TIMEOUT KUBIAK!!!!!

other than that one play the Texans would have beaten the Jaguars. I really don't understand how they can be in such a funk everygame & cost their team important early points, its disturbing, ill prepared & mind bending :drunk:

19. Vinnie

Vinnie with an I E

You forgot something--->:sarcasm:

20. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

when you look at how the offense is playing you usually dont look at the whether we won or not. you look at how the offense played. that seems simple to me, whatever. i think we scored everytime we touched the ball in the second half. im not sure you can look much better than scoring everytime you touch the ball. but by your logic the defense played so poorly that our offense is bad.

against tenn we moved the ball well against a real good defense just could'nt quite get it in. even against pitt we were moving the ball a little the defense just couldnt ever get us the ball. and we are talking about 3 of the best defenses in the league. these teams usually shut down everyone.