Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I am so sick of our QB play

Fast forward to yall asking for Kubiak's head...what are we gonna get? who is better? That is something we should have asked before making Schaub trade...was he really better? i would say yes ..he is sitting on the sideline....not worth the trade.

There are better coaches working on the staff right now. Rhodes and Marciano come to mind immediately.

I am serious.. as far as I am concerned .. he was better than these jokers we have now... but yall are right the past is the past....but what else..yall begged and pleaded for the guy to go and now look what we got...

Fast forward to yall asking for Kubiak's head...what are we gonna get? who is better? That is something we should have asked before making Schaub trade...was he really better? i would say yes ..he is sitting on the sideline....not worth the trade.

Health is the only thing Carr has over Schaub. Carr didn't turn the ball over much primarily b/c he didn't take many chances down field until he had to or when the game was out of reach. I don't think there's any question schaub is better than DC.

Besides, i don't think DC would come back here anyway; i know i wouldn't. Most fans don't want him back either.

Thought you were joking, but this post certifies you're serious in which case all i can say is................wow.

Yeah games like that makes you question your sanity.....i cant even say wow.. I am just pissed at the qbs right now... and questioning my sanity for being a Texans fan....I think at this point I am going to count to 1,000,000 before saying anything else.

Yeah games like that makes you question your sanity.....i cant even say wow.. I am just pissed at the qbs right now... and questioning my sanity for being a Texans fan....I think at this point I am going to count to 1,000,000 before saying anything else.

lol, a wise thing for all texans fans after most games. step back, count to a million, and fix yourself a bourbon ... sanity will come back eventually. :splits:

Last edited:
Here, "sts" - career stats per nfl.com:

Carr is at 74.6 QB rating, 59.7 completion %, 63 TDs to 70 ints losing 22 of 69 fumbles

Schaub is at 84.2 rating, 63.5 completion %, 25 TD to 23 int, 7 of 18 fumbles lost

Rosencopter is at 83.5 rating, 61.6% completion %, 27 TD to 21 int, 5 of 10 fumbles lost

Yeah - I'm sick of the QB play as well, but not so bad to bring our previous "not a must win, but must play well and gimmie a haircut after 2 wins" QB back.

Just need a QB to manage a game w/o turnovers. A hellacious running game and an in your face defense. 6 years and waiting.....

That and we just don't want to read the incessant bitching anymore.

I'm not the only one, sweetheart. If you want to keep on trying to make sunshine out of a thunderstorm on a team that is and has been complete crap for 7 years, and blame it on the play of one guy, then to each his own I guess. But we as fans, have the right to voice our opinions, and I will continue to do so. Call it "bitching" all you want, but thousands of fans all around are just damn sick of watching and paying for crap week in and week out.

That and we just don't want to read the incessant bitching anymore.

If thousands of people are complaining about it, it's not called "bitching" anymore...it's called "having a knack for the obvious". We all get it. Why don't the Texans coaching staff?

If thousands of people are complaining about it, it's not called "bitching" anymore...it's called "having a knack for the obvious". We all get it. Why don't the Texans coaching staff?

I have no doubt they get it. I have doubts they can fix it.

That's the point of a message board is it not. We are 3-6........guess what happens when you're 3-6? The head coach's decision making starts to get questioned.

The David Carr stuff is completely over the line though...but hey, some people are always going to have a soft spot for the guy.

I dunno CB. We've got two QBs who are a slot machines when they are pressured. They preform well when they keep them clean. Might be a correlation there. what do ya think ?

So far Matt has one major concussion...two major injuries. Now you could say that he is another chandler. Or you could say he's been beat up so much he's another candidate to be the second he who should not be named candidate.

The only question I have left for you my friend is how many of these franchise QBs you will have to go through be for you finally get it big fella.

The only question I have left for you my friend is how many of these franchise QBs you will have to go through be for you finally get it big fella.

I think the term "franchise quarterback" should be used only be used on a QB who has proven something on the field. For instance, these are/were wrong:

David Carr, Texans franchise QB.
Matt Schaub, Texans franchise QB.

These are/were correct:

David Carr, Texans starting QB.
Matt Schaub, Texans starting QB.

The homework assignment is too apply this lesson to other positions. Hint: (Spencer, Brown).

Extra credit for anyone who can offer a proof of the theorem that having so many unproven "franchise players" leads to unrealistic expectations.

:)

I dunno CB. We've got two QBs who are a slot machines when they are pressured. They preform well when they keep them clean. Might be a correlation there. what do ya think ?

So far Matt has one major concussion...two major injuries. Now you could say that he is another chandler. Or you could say he's been beat up so much he's another candidate to be the second he who should not be named candidate.

Matt has durability issues.......nobody is going to deny that.

As far as "how many QBs do we have to go through".......look at teams like the Lions or the Bears. Some teams spend decades looking for "that guy".

I still think if Matt Schaub could prove that he could stay healthy, he's a QB who's good enough to win with, even a SB if the team (defense) is good enough. But a QB that can't make it through a 16 game schedule can't be counted on to lead you anywhere.

protect him better, and take into consideration that the reason he's injured is because of an intent to injure (and resulting fine). brown's a rookie, i'm going to hold my judgement there. center and right guard however are still holes that we need to fill.

protect him better, and take into consideration that the reason he's injured is because of an intent to injure (and resulting fine). brown's a rookie, i'm going to hold my judgement there. center and right guard however are still holes that we need to fill.

Schaub dosen't have the toughness to lead an NFL team. He gets nudged and looks like he wants to get pulled from the game.

our QB's aren't good enough to NOT run the ball...we don't even try to run the ball. What the hell is Moats doing touching the ball before Slaton? Kubiak is a rotten game day coach....good coordinator, bad game planner.

Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow, Tebow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know , I've heard some negative things about Tebow ..... but I'd take over anything on the Texans roster about now .... He's a gamer and doesnt make stupid mistakes. Watching him in the pocket / in traffic continually make plays ..... I wonder where he falls in the draft order

Wouldnt mind seeing Graham Harrell either ..... probably pick him up in the middle rounds.

You know , I've heard some negative things about Tebow ..... but I'd take over anything on the Texans roster about now .... He's a gamer and doesnt make stupid mistakes. Watching him in the pocket / in traffic continually make plays ..... I wonder where he falls in the draft order

Wouldnt mind seeing Graham Harrell either ..... probably pick him up in the middle rounds.
Tebow is Bucky Richardson on roids.

our QB's aren't good enough to NOT run the ball...we don't even try to run the ball. What the hell is Moats doing touching the ball before Slaton? Kubiak is a rotten game day coach....good coordinator, bad game planner.

I kept looking for Slaton too. Did he get injured or something? After his big play for a would be TD got called back for holding I didn't see him much on the field. It was mostly Green & Moats.

Speaking of quarterbacks and running backs, the Titans won today with a total of 22 yards on 24 carries from their running backs. That is slightly over 0.9 yards/carry. Their game-managing quarterback and poor receivers carried the day. (Please try to ignore that I used the Titans as an example).

Which leads us right to the o-line. A solid o-line is also a requirement for a resilient team, and the Texans are no closer to one now than they were five years ago. Amazing.

Of course, their defense is at about its lowest level ever too...

This isn't going to be easy to fix.

Speaking of quarterbacks and running backs, the Titans won today with a total of 22 yards on 24 carries from their running backs. That is slightly over 0.9 yards/carry. Their game-managing quarterback and poor receivers carried the day. (Please try to ignore that I used the Titans as an example).

Which leads us right to the o-line. A solid o-line is also a requirement for a resilient team, and the Texans are no closer to one now than they were five years ago. Amazing.

One of the other big differences in the teams is that Fisher is a top notch game day coach...he understands stuff like strategy and keeping your team in the game till you find a situation that favors you so that you can win the game.

I was thinking Slaton got hurt. He rushed the ball something like 4 times today.

If Slaton was not hurt today than I am going to find Kubiak and roshambo him. Both for Slaton and my FF team.

One of the other big differences in the teams is that Fisher is a top notch game day coach...he understands stuff like strategy and keeping your team in the game till you find a situation that favors you so that you can win the game.

Yeah...Fisher knows what he's doing.

Your on your own on that one....... David Carr was horrilbe and is what he deserves to be. A career backup.....just like Sage.

and Matt

Heck at this point tho even david carr was better then this at least he could muster up 6 to 7 wins a season

Yeah...Fisher knows what he's doing.

Fisher is a damn good coach. One of the best the game has seen. He is an example of a coach that gets more from less.

Hopefully he retires after the Titans win the superbowl this year.

The funny thing is we have 2nd , 3rd , and a 1st , on our OL . We have three 1st round picks on our DL . They are both below average .

I think Kubiak's biggest flaw is he can't get top notch coaches . His guys haven't produced a good product plus what we thought was three good drafts ... aren't panning out .

Well the Texans used to run a bootleg with another quarterback who could take a hit and ocassionally run it in...but for some reason he was run out of town. hmmmmmm what was his name......i believe his is a back up on the giants.. Cmon tell me you wouldnt want his fire and intensity on the team again...... he was a leader..till the rest of the team and fans betrayed him and we are stuck wiht these two schmucks.... well H-town you got what you asked for... as for me.......

I WANT DAVID CARR BACK!!!!!!!

Dude you just went full retard here. Back away from the keyboard. David Carr is GARBAGE and always was GARBAGE.

Dude you just went full retard here. Back away from the keyboard. David Carr is GARBAGE and always was GARBAGE.

He was also more beloved here than Kubiak and Schaub put together.* There is a message there somewhere about how great our current team might seem looking back from 2012.

*I realize no one here on this board could have possibly been part of that, so save the keystrokes that would be used for denials.

Speaking of past players...

Were Ron Dayne still here the 1-yard line would have been an automatic TD for him.

Just saying...

apparently Kubiak has a man crush on another QB :heart: ironic he was the 18th pick.

(on how frustrating it is to see rookie QB Joe Flacco go four games without losing and the Texans' quarterbacks are struggling) “The kid is playing good. He is a good-looking young man. He has a big arm and a great presence about him moving around. If he keeps playing that way, that football team could go a long way because they have great games on the defensive side of the ball and I am very impressed with the young man.”

I'm not sure that I can blame Kubiak for the preparation issue. His playcalling, while not being exceptional has been ok. I think Kubiak does make stupid gameday calls, but those INTs were what lost us the game and they were all on Rosenfels. Does Kubes need to coach better, yeah. But this game was so lopsided because of Rosenfels alone.

I'm not sure that I can blame Kubiak for the preparation issue. His playcalling, while not being exceptional has been ok. I think Kubiak does make stupid gameday calls, but those INTs were what lost us the game and they were all on Rosenfels. Does Kubes need to coach better, yeah. But this game was so lopsided because of Rosenfels alone.

Its hard as hell to win when you turn the ball over that much .... in the past 11 quarters of play Rosencoptor has 8 turnovers (and one other fumble that was recovered by the Texans). Those are numbers that are nearly impossible to overcome.

What I'd like to see in the next draft is the Texans take the best prospect available somewhere around the 3rd or 4th rounds at the QB spot to play behind Schaub for a year or two ..... Also picking up some top tier talent along the interior OL would be a huge help , Chris Myers and Mike Brisiel just arent talented enough to start ....

How in the hell was that INT a bad play call? Sage just flat didn't pay attention to the fact that Ngata slid out to disrupt the passing lane. There is NO FREAKING WAY that was a bad play call by Kubiak. Give me a friggin' break.

Yeah, and if he puts air on the ball, its an easy TD. However, with a team that turns the ball over at an alarming rate, you HAVE to run the ball on 1st and goal from the 1.

Yeah, and if he puts air on the ball, its an easy TD. However, with a team that turns the ball over at an alarming rate, you HAVE to run the ball on 1st and goal from the 1.

completly correct. isn't it called the law of statistics or something. if you have 1st & goal from the 1, run the ball 4 times. the stats say you'll get your 6pts, and even if you don't they start inside their own 5 and probably wont drive the field. much better than throwing yet ANOTHER int!

Its hard as hell to win when you turn the ball over that much .... in the past 11 quarters of play Rosencoptor has 8 turnovers (and one other fumble that was recovered by the Texans). Those are numbers that are nearly impossible to overcome.

yeah....ask Morton Ranch Mavericks in Katy about that :challenge

I mentioned this in another thread: Let's throw the bank at Mike Leach and get the Run-N-Shoot back in Houston. Draft Harrell, too.

We drafted a spread offense RB (Slaton) already and we have firepower at WR and TE. David Anderson would OWN in that type of offense.

Slaughterhouse 5: AJ, Walter, Andre Davis, Jacoby Jones, Anderson and then a little bit of Owen Daniels just to pour salt into the wounds of defenses.

Kubiak for some reason or another has no confidence in Slaton. At the 1 yard line, you have three chances to run it 1 yard, and you choose to pass? It doesn't make sense to me. At least it does to you.

It was a perfect call. Sage had time and OD was wide open in the end zone. You can't playcall out of fear- particularly early in the game. There are three main problems causing all these turnovers:

1. Our run game is inconsistant due to weak line play at center and rg
2. We have to score 30 points per game to win which creates pressure in the passing game.
3. Sage is a backup QB and shouldn't be asked to throw anywhere near 40 passes against a great defense...

I mentioned this in another thread: Let's throw the bank at Mike Leach and get the Run-N-Shoot back in Houston. Draft Harrell, too.

We drafted a spread offense RB (Slaton) already and we have firepower at WR and TE. David Anderson would OWN in that type of offense.

Slaughterhouse 5: AJ, Walter, Andre Davis, Jacoby Jones, Anderson and then a little bit of Owen Daniels just to pour salt into the wounds of defenses.

Sounds like fun but you got to have somebody block for a QB and WR combo like that.

FWIW.. i think it's both of their faults...i mean at least try to pound it in 1 down. If you're not successful against a top run defense...then you play action pass. For sage's part, he should've saw Ngata & lobbed it over his head but he didn't.

There's actually not even anything wrong with passing on 1st and 1 at the goalline ... it was the fact the Sage is a mistake-prone QB going against a top-ranked defense and we had 3, maybe even 4, downs to get one yard. Our line isn't that bad and neither is Slaton, Green or for that matter Leach. Hell, I'd trust Sage to sneak the ball over the top before I trust him to make a good drop-back throw.

I'm also a fan of play action-bootlegs that close to the end zone ... at least get the QB moving so he'll stretch the defense and has the option to run it in if necessary. Dropping Sage back in the pocket there is just dumb.

There's actually not even anything wrong with passing on 1st and 1 at the goalline ... it was the fact the Sage is a mistake-prone QB going against a top-ranked defense and we had 3, maybe even 4, downs to get one yard. Our line isn't that bad and neither is Slaton, Green or for that matter Leach. Hell, I'd trust Sage to sneak the ball over the top before I trust him to make a good drop-back throw.

I'm also a fan of play action-bootlegs that close to the end zone ... at least get the QB moving so he'll stretch the defense and has the option to run it in if necessary. Dropping Sage back in the pocket there is just dumb.

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong by booting Sage out in open space?? I can't imagine!

Back