Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

HPF:Unofficial 2007 salary cap

Wolf

100% Texan
Collecting NFL salary cap data is an inexact science at best. The 2007 information posted below is only as accurate as the reports published by the media. It also includes best guesses to plug holes where the media reports are lacking. This page would not be possible without the help of many others who have helped me along the way.

A couple quick notes... Click here to view the 2008 version of this page. Only the top 51 salaries are counted against the cap. Also, several veterans with four-plus years of experience at league minimum salaries qualify for the veterans' exemption and carry a cap figure less than their reported salary. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, bonus information and incentives, including option bonuses, roster bonuses, reporting bonuses, workout bonuses, Pro Bowl bonuses, etc., are the most difficult to obtain, especially in the cases of early round draft picks and major extension and free agent signings, so please take these estimates as just that... estimates.

Most recent changes noted in green.
http://www.houstonprofootball.com/cap.html

hopefully this dead money leaves this year
Walker, Gary $5,500,501
Wade, Todd $5,000,000
Smith, Robaire $4,175,002
Carr, David $4,000,000
Moulds, Eric $3,750,000
Payne, Seth $2,250,000
Wiegert, Zach $2,950,000
Williams, Domanick $1,300,000
Wong, Kailee $1,167,000
Morency, Vernand $189,000
Cowart, Sam $135,000
Players with less than $100,000 $101,000

greenwood is unofficially the 2nd highest paid and signed through 2009 at 4.6 mill
Flannigan at 3.1 and through '08

I can't even imagine what Smith will do with the millions that come off the books next year. I'd imagine he'll chase some veteran talent at CB, maybe a legit WR2 as well.

I can't even imagine what Smith will do with the millions that come off the books next year. I'd imagine he'll chase some veteran talent at CB, maybe a legit WR2 as well.

I would hope he spends it wisely on guys that will contribute well for their paycheck.

Hopefully he'll learn from the ghost of Texan's past and be prudent with his moves. One thing is for sure he could slip down the srairs the rest of his life and never approch the ineptitude of the previous administration. They coulda had monkeys with darts throwing at a peice of paper with names on it and hit more than CC and Capers did.

He did well last season picking guys that we at the house sitting on the couch. I am looking forward to see what he can do with real money.

:fans:

He did well last season picking guys that we at the house sitting on the couch. I am looking forward to see what he can do with real money.

:fans:

Keep in mind that some of that "freed up" :money:money must be set aside to re-sign our guys that are coming up on their contract year or guys that we signed one-year deals with that worked out well enough for us to want to keep.

Keep in mind that some of that "freed up" :money:money must be set aside to re-sign our guys that are coming up on their contract year or guys that we signed one-year deals with that worked out well enough for us to want to keep.

They have that list at the bottom of the original link. Fred Weary is the biggest name on the list so while a concern, it isn't like they are going to have to re-sign Asante Samuels.

There are always a few good corners out there who can contribute. Hopefully he can find a safety as well to fill up that hole.

That's fine with me if it keeps us from looking as football ignorant as the Titans FO looks now. They think that if they don't spend money this year it will carry over to next.

They have that list at the bottom of the original link. Fred Weary is the biggest name on the list so while a concern, it isn't like they are going to have to re-sign Asante Samuels.

I agree, none of those guys should break the bank. Although Weary probably isn't the only guy Kubiak will want to keep in the fold. Dunta's contract is up after '08. It'll be interesting to see if we get him signed to an extension before his contract is up.

I agree, none of those guys should break the bank. Although Weary probably isn't the only guy Kubiak will want to keep in the fold. Dunta's contract is up after '08. It'll be interesting to see if we get him signed to an extension before his contract is up.

After watching Nate Clements swim in a pool of money during free agency this year, we had better lock up D-Rob (Unless he totally blows it and sucks it up this year on the field.) for as long as we can.

Plus, I just like D-Rob.

Back