Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How is Arian Foster not nominated for Fedex Ground Player of the Week?

No More 8-8's

Waterboy
Just looking at nfl.com on tuesday and i like to see who the nominees are for the rookies/players of the week. I was fully expecting Arian Foster to be there so i could vote for him.....but he was not even nominated. How is that possible?

The three nominees were LaDainian Tomlinson (rightly deserved), Ahmad Bradshaw and Peyton Hillis.

Now i cant argue with the LT pick, but Arian Foster had much better games than the last two. LT was the only person who had more yards and it was 133 to 131. Of course there would be two NY teams represented, but they probably didnt choose Arian feeling that it would be easier for LT to win by a landslide.

I highly recommend you go to http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=players-air-and-ground&module=HP_fanVoice_vote and vote for Peyton Hillis. The guy runs hard, and im already tired of the LT love going on.

Meh , it'll go to LT anyhow .... the Jets have been on your TV screen more this year than ..... the Yankee's :wadepalm:

Weird. Bradshaw and LT should be 2 with Foster as the 3rd choice. Foster had quite a few more yards on many fewer carries, plus a TD via pass.

I think they want to stach the deck to make sure LT gets the award.

Not just LT, but Bradshaw. Two New York Teams RB's. The Giants have had just as many primetime games as the Jets too.

I wasnt speaking strictly of games but of media coverage in general , the Jets are on TV every damn time I turn the thing on one of the sports networks. If its not their coach's filthy mount its Revis holding out or blowing a wheel , Edwards getting in trouble again .... or LT's still got something left. his first 100 yard game since who knows when bla bla bla.

They are the media darlings this year .... and they are hardly a likable bunch.

Maybe Kubiak asked them to take him off the list.

Sort of how suspended players can't get awards

I wouldn't go so far as thinking Kubiak had anything to do with it. But I bet his benching, in and of itself, had something to do with it.

It is ridiculous but it doesn't bother me that much. If the media and therefore hopefully other teams want to bypass him as "being on the Texans" that is fine with me.

The surprises always hit harder.............

:bender:

Meh , it'll go to LT anyhow .... the Jets have been on your TV screen more this year than ..... the Yankee's :wadepalm:

I'm so tired of the damn Jets.....

The coach took a 9 and 7 team and went 9 and 7. Wow what an improvement!!! The only difference is two teams laid down for them to get to 9 and 7!!!! Then they got in the playoffs and actually played good ball.

What a joke, they are on like every other Monday/Sunday/Thursday night game. They may have a decent year this year, but the wheels are about to fall off with thier cap situation and all those trades for draft picks.

I'm so tired of the damn Jets.....

The coach took a 9 and 7 team and went 9 and 7. Wow what an improvement!!! The only difference is two teams laid down for them to get to 9 and 7!!!! Then they got in the playoffs and actually played good ball.

Agreed.............

I wish on Hard Knox they had Kevin Gilbreits son show up out of nowhere and let him sucker pucnch Rex - lmao....THAT would have been effing entertainment!

:lol:

I was completely BAFFLED at sportscenter today, picking the top 10 nfl plays of the week. Not only did Arian's play not get in there, but an unimpressive one handed catch by LT got in there and a random spin thing Vernon Davis accidentally did to get into the endzone made it to number 4. The stupidity of the people over at BSPN get a wade palm....:wadepalm:

Does it really matter that much?

As far as we know, being in the public eye brings up immaturity issues in Arian Foster so maybe it's better he goes unrecognized when he does do well.. adds fuel to his fire if you catch my drift.

How bout them Texans... Rocking and Rolling their way up to the top of AFC South by Pounding the rock at that? With a top ten passing offense?:bravo:

FedEx Ground Player of the Week

• LaDainian Tomlinson

New York Jets | Video
  • Ahmad Bradshaw

New York Giants | Video
  • Peyton Hillis

Cleveland Browns | Video
    shim.gif
Where's Foster? :foottap:

True, very true. I'm pacing a bet Ben Roethlisberger gets it next week regardless of his stats. All about him this week and not a word on the "two-time" defending Defensive Rookie Of The Year coming back to a soggy Texans D.

I was completely BAFFLED at sportscenter today, picking the top 10 nfl plays of the week. Not only did Arian's play not get in there, but an unimpressive one handed catch by LT got in there and a random spin thing Vernon Davis accidentally did to get into the endzone made it to number 4. The stupidity of the people over at BSPN get a wade palm....:wadepalm:

Watch webgems on Baseball Tonight next year. You'll see literally dozens of routine ground balls as webgems by the Yanks and Saux with the hosts going "Oooaah!!" and not a peep about Michael Bourn's latest rabbit out of the hat.

Arian Foster is just the 3rd player in NFL history (Billy Sims, Emmitt Smith) to have 500 yards rushing and 100 receiving through the 1st four games of a season.

On Fosters 74 yarder he managed to outrun Micheal Huff who had an angle on him and missed the tackle.

Huff ran a 4.34 at the combine. I did not realize Arian was that fast.

On Fosters 74 yarder he managed to outrun Micheal Huff who had an angle on him and missed the tackle.

Huff ran a 4.34 at the combine. I did not realize Arian was that fast.

Some guys are only as fast as they need to be and those guys don't usually run well at the combine.

Arian was injured when he ran at the combine, iirc. Hamstring or something? So he's faster than a lot of people think he is.

Back