Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How does it work- Wild Card Travel

Dr2bKay

Rookie
Since I am younger and wasn't here in the Oiler days....how does the wildcard tickets and travel work? So if all goes well next weekend- we will have 1 week to secure game tickets, flights, and hotels for where ever the game will be held.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does the Houston Texans have a set a tickets that they sell, or is it through ticketmaster normally?

I know our chances of actually making it. I want to be prepared financially if we do indeed win next week and the other 2 teams lose.....

Since I am younger and wasn't here in the Oiler days....how does the wildcard tickets and travel work? So if all goes well next weekend- we will have 1 week to secure game tickets, flights, and hotels for where ever the game will be held.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Does the Houston Texans have a set a tickets that they sell, or is it through ticketmaster normally?

I know our chances of actually making it. I want to be prepared financially if we do indeed win next week and the other 2 teams lose.....

Well, I just got tickets to the Saints divisional game earlier this week... if you want lower level tickets they run from about 550 on up to the thousands. Even upper level's in the 250-400 range. If we get the Pats it'll likely be double that. Check Stubhub.

Flights? Screw flying. New Orleans is five-six hours away. :drive:

Hotels? If you don't mind driving/transit there's usually a crapload of rooms open near the airports. Plus, with the holidays about to be over it should be easier to get in. I already mentioned I hate flying right?

From the ticket FAQ on HoustonTexans.com:

Can season ticket holders/PSL holders purchase playoff tickets?
PSL Holders should consult their PSL agreement for specific guidelines regarding playoff tickets. Season ticket holders are eligible to purchase playoff tickets for any Houston Texans home playoff game. If it appears that the Texans may host a post-season game, and the NFL grants permission, invoices will then be mailed to season ticket holders. In accordance with the NFL procedures, invoices will reflect two possible home games. Unused portions of playoff payments will either be refunded or applied toward future season ticket payments.

So if it's not played in Reliant, we must go to other sources.

I have a ton of hotel points and airline miles, and have already started scouting locations in Boston. (If we get the Pats).

My big worry are the ticket costs. They won't be cheap.

But, then agan, we have to take this one step at a time. We're not in it yet.

But, then agan, we have to take this one step at a time. We're not in it yet.

Thanks everyone for the advice. As I stated in the OP, I know what our chances are...I just don't want to waste money today on bs...when I may need to splurge on those high price game tickets a week later....So if we do lose...I can then treat myself on a shopping trip at the Galleria to make me feel better. :doot:

But I am hoping to have to spend my money on playoff tickets!!

Back