Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How come people don't look on the bright side?

HoustonTexans

Practice Squad
Okay, first of all, I was and still am very optomistic about this season. After last season... how can you not be? This is an obviously changed football team and we will continue to grow at the season goes on. Here are my thoughts on the football game today:

Offense:

The first drive of the game was breath taking. We moved the ball perfectly and executed when we needed to. How many times do you remember the Texans scoring on their first drive? I always remember 3-and-outs. Kubiak and the team will study the films and see what they did right and use it more often in the following games.

OFFENSE

Our passing was good. Andre back to being that 100-yard beast and Eric Moulds showed us why we brought him in here. Carr was poised and played better than I have seen him play in a long long time. He got a little frazzled as the game continued when he started getting sacked a lot and knowing they were down by a lot but i will let him slide this game. I think we will see tremendous improvement as the season progresses.

Our offensive line looked pretty good at first but then started falling apart. I don't know, I am a little iffy on the pass protection but hopefully it will improve.

Running... wow we sucked at rushing the ball today. I was impressed with what we showed in preseason so hopefully we can get back to that. Philly is a tough team and since we have no passing respect, it will be hard to get a running game going right away. I believe eventually it will open up (hopefully or I'm afraid we will be hearing a lot about "You Know Who.")

DEFENSE

... Awful. We did not get remotely any pressure on Mcnabb and after that one interception, McNabb was pretty much perfect. Stallworth kicked our ass today.

I liked what I saw from DeMeco in the first half, I believe he will continue to grow and prove to be a huge impact player. Mario... I stil am a firm believer in the Mario pick. I like this guy hes a giant, but i saw him miss 1 or 2 tackles and he didnt seem revved up out there. Hopefully this will improve, and I believe it will... HE IS NOT A BUST...

Dunta Robinson had some good plays but that pass he let stallworth get was rediculous. Dunta had him covered but then was like "okay I'll let you get open for a huge gain."

Westbrook ran all over us through the air and on the ground. We simply couldnt stop this guy. We got DOMINATED by the screen and drop downs to westbrook... we NEED to fix this. All i saw was screen, screen, screen for huge chunks of yards, it was heart wrenching to watch them pile up the first down statistic with ease.

Okay enough ranting about the defense. But listen everyone... I liked what I saw today especially later in the game when they almost put a drive together with some really nice passes. They need to get more into that and let Carr and Andre and Moulds do their thing. I see some bright things when they start throwing the ball, we get killed when we rush and only get 1 or 2 yards, we need bigger chucks of yardage or we will never complete a drive.

I still have a lot of faith in this season... LETS GO TEXANS. I think based on what i saw tonight from the colts, We can stop Addai and Rhodes. We NEED to stop Peyton by getting some pressure on him. We need to play the pass EVERY DOWN. They can't run the ball anymore without Edge.

We have a shot next week let's keep up the optomism!:redtowel: :fans: :redtowel:

I forgot to add the part about the brightside cause i got really caught up in my defensive rant.

The brightside is that we showed improvement on offense.. passing atleast. I liked what i saw at certain times. We sucked on defense last year too so that hasnt changed haha but i like our offense and some of the drives/almost drives we had.

The bright side I see is that the Colts haven't had a running game since losing Edge.

I'm hoping that without having to worry much about containing the backfield, the defense will stick it to Peyton, hard. They sure looked passive today - I HOPE it was worrying about containment.

The passing game looked nice, and Indy isn't going to be blitzing like that - they don't have the AllPro secondary that Philly has to survive that.

Yay... thats the spirit Sarg... exactly what im thinking.. Addai and Rhodes are nothing or atleast they seem like nothing against the giants... I think we have a chance if we can get some pressure and i think we can

Way to go man...now ya got me humming that song from "Brians Life" Monty Python?

"Always look on the bright side of life (whistle)" hehe

The brightside is, we will get the Number One draft pick next year. And then we will pass on Adrian Peterson (RB) for the most feared SS in college history (I have no idea who that is yet, but I am sure Mel Kiper does....)

This is all in the fun of sarcasm... I happen to like Mario Williams and his missing toe nails.

2-14 does a lot of things to people. We might have some flashba--LOOK OUT!! IT'S CHARLIE!! CALL BASE FOR BACKUP!! CALL BA---.....I saw some horrible things man...just unimaginable horror last season. I just ain't right in the head, man. The doctors called it "shellshock."

I think the first quarter was the bright side. If we can do it in one quarter, we can do it in four quarters.

I know that the first 15 plays were scripted, but why didn't we try to run them again if we executed them that well the first time? Maybe we did and they just broke down. Who knows? Anyways, I think we have a legitimate chance against Indy, or atleast a chance to see some improvement over this weeks game and lose in a respective manner. Hopefully we can chalk up the bismal pass rush to trying to keep containment on McNabb, which we were able to do well, and we all know that Manning is not known as a mobile QB. I am just happy that the season in upon us and I am looking forward to improvement each week. We all knew deep down that a 2-14 team has a long road to turn the tides, I must have forgot a few times yesterday as well because I found myself screaming obscenities at the television a few times (maybe more) out of pure frustration. The Colts look like their run game is lacking without Egde and I think it will make them more of a one dimensional team than they already were. I know that the Giants have a good defense, but I think we will make our proper adjustments this week and put pressure in Manning's face. We all know that this is the key to defeating him and we have to play the pass on each play while bringing a constant bombardment of rushers. :francis:

HoustonTexans said:
I forgot to add the part about the brightside cause i got really caught up in my defensive rant.

The brightside is that we showed improvement on offense.. passing atleast. I liked what i saw at certain times. We sucked on defense last year too so that hasnt changed haha but i like our offense and some of the drives/almost drives we had.

Good post and i agree we have a young team and imo thay will get better with playing time. Its called OJT folks its going to be painfully at first but the kids will get better.

OK, so someone starts a thread about the 'bright side' and then forgets to talk about the 'bright side!!'...gotta love it!!

But, this same poster does remember to 'rant' about all the negative things they saw in the game!!

What's that old saying? 'I know you think you understand whai I said, but I don't think you realize that what I said is not what I meant.'

tsip said:
What's that old saying? 'I know you think you understand whai I said, but I don't think you realize that what I said is not what I meant.'

I understand exactly what you're saying...

HoustonTexans said:
Okay, first of all, I was and still am very optomistic about this season. After last season... how can you not be? This is an obviously changed football team and we will continue to grow at the season goes on. Here are my thoughts on the football game today:

Offense:

The first drive of the game was breath taking. We moved the ball perfectly and executed when we needed to. How many times do you remember the Texans scoring on their first drive? I always remember 3-and-outs. Kubiak and the team will study the films and see what they did right and use it more often in the following games.

OFFENSE

Our passing was good. Andre back to being that 100-yard beast and Eric Moulds showed us why we brought him in here. Carr was poised and played better than I have seen him play in a long long time. He got a little frazzled as the game continued when he started getting sacked a lot and knowing they were down by a lot but i will let him slide this game. I think we will see tremendous improvement as the season progresses.

Our offensive line looked pretty good at first but then started falling apart. I don't know, I am a little iffy on the pass protection but hopefully it will improve.

Running... wow we sucked at rushing the ball today. I was impressed with what we showed in preseason so hopefully we can get back to that. Philly is a tough team and since we have no passing respect, it will be hard to get a running game going right away. I believe eventually it will open up (hopefully or I'm afraid we will be hearing a lot about "You Know Who.")

DEFENSE

... Awful. We did not get remotely any pressure on Mcnabb and after that one interception, McNabb was pretty much perfect. Stallworth kicked our ass today.

I liked what I saw from DeMeco in the first half, I believe he will continue to grow and prove to be a huge impact player. Mario... I stil am a firm believer in the Mario pick. I like this guy hes a giant, but i saw him miss 1 or 2 tackles and he didnt seem revved up out there. Hopefully this will improve, and I believe it will... HE IS NOT A BUST...

Dunta Robinson had some good plays but that pass he let stallworth get was rediculous. Dunta had him covered but then was like "okay I'll let you get open for a huge gain."

Westbrook ran all over us through the air and on the ground. We simply couldnt stop this guy. We got DOMINATED by the screen and drop downs to westbrook... we NEED to fix this. All i saw was screen, screen, screen for huge chunks of yards, it was heart wrenching to watch them pile up the first down statistic with ease.

Okay enough ranting about the defense. But listen everyone... I liked what I saw today especially later in the game when they almost put a drive together with some really nice passes. They need to get more into that and let Carr and Andre and Moulds do their thing. I see some bright things when they start throwing the ball, we get killed when we rush and only get 1 or 2 yards, we need bigger chucks of yardage or we will never complete a drive.

I still have a lot of faith in this season... LETS GO TEXANS. I think based on what i saw tonight from the colts, We can stop Addai and Rhodes. We NEED to stop Peyton by getting some pressure on him. We need to play the pass EVERY DOWN. They can't run the ball anymore without Edge.

We have a shot next week let's keep up the optomism!:redtowel: :fans: :redtowel:

What bright side: We gave up 441 yards of offense; 5 sacks and 24 points. We generated barely over 200 yards of offense and could not run the ball

TERRIBLE

Back