Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How are Carolina fans feeling about Bryce Young? I'll show you.

So they really are feeling as though they got the short end of the stick in their trade up for Young. They could always play for another QB1 in the 2024 NFL Draft……oooohhhh, that’s right, they gave up their RD1 for the rights to Tiny Tim. Well better luck in 2025.
Or you know, not go through with the trade. At least it went in our favor.

How many more games you think the Panthers going to win this season?

1700443181743.png

Last edited:
He apparently didn’t follow the Texans prior to hiring Demeco.
The Texans did have winning seasons in 2018 & 2019. Despite Jack Easterby in the organization. And then there's the Browns.

Maybe the Texans weren't the worst? Their worst wasn't worse enough.

The Texans did have winning seasons in 2018 & 2019. Despite Jack Easterby in the organization. And then there's the Browns.

Easterbys role in the org was very overrated by the fans because that's what the media sold to the lemmings.

I was trying to imply it was during the Dark Period. Trading Hopkins for nothing, Watson holdout, giving OB GM powers, hiring Easterby, etc.

We were pretty bad at making decisions to make our team worse time and time again. “Self inflicted wounds”.

Browns just made a bad trade.

We either got really lucky or were able to read the room really well.

Bryce, to be sucessful, will need the right coach and the right system. Just for starters. Then a good OL.
He also needs the most important thing.. The physical skills to play the position at a high level.

If you erase the schools they played for and the accolades that come with those schools, I think Case Keenum was a better prospect. Bryce Young had no business being the #1 ovrl pick.. I don't even remember people here wanting him. I'm sure we'll see a 30 for 30 episode about all of this one day.

He also needs the most important thing.. The physical skills to play the position at a high level.

If you erase the schools they played for and the accolades that come with those schools, I think Case Keenum was a better prospect. Bryce Young had no business being the #1 ovrl pick.. I don't even remember people here wanting him. I'm sure we'll see a 30 for 30 episode about all of this one day.

Media hype train and Alabama put him there. Just goes to show you the media influence and what social media can do these days.

I wanted nothing to do with Young but I could see how he “might” have success in the right situation but after familiarizing myself with Stroud a couple weeks before the draft I really liked him and jumped out of my chair when the pick was read.

I don't understand what all the hubbub about Tepper wanting Young. A lot of people here thought the same thing.

Respectable "football guys" here & in the media put Young way over Stroud even when considering Young's stature & slight build.

To me it doesn't makeAsht what Reich wanted. He's got a job to do & he needs to do it. The Panthers aren't crap because they drafted Bryce Young. They're crap because once again Reich has proven to be a bad coach.

I understand the meddling thing, but I think that's just tail wagging dog media clickbaiting that's got us mesmerized.

Media hype train and Alabama put him there. Just goes to show you the media influence and what social media can do these days.

I wanted nothing to do with Young but I could see how he “might” have success in the right situation but after familiarizing myself with Stroud a couple weeks before the draft I really liked him and jumped out of my chair when the pick was read.
I could see him having success the same way Minshew has had success.. Right now that looks like his ceiling. Problem is Minshew wasn't taken #1 and Young was. I think right now his absolute ceiling would be Alex Smith. He's not only undersized, but he has Chad Pennington's arm.

I don't understand what all the hubbub about Tepper wanting Young. A lot of people here thought the same thing.

Respectable "football guys" here & in the media put Young way over Stroud even when considering Young's stature & slight build.

To me it doesn't makeAsht what Reich wanted. He's got a job to do & he needs to do it. The Panthers aren't crap because they drafted Bryce Young. They're crap because once again Reich has proven to be a bad coach.

I understand the meddling thing, but I think that's just tail wagging dog media clickbaiting that's got us mesmerized.
Except they didn’t put Young way over Stroud with play on the field. Stroud’s test scores were the really only big mark against him. Young’s size was just as big of a question mark as Stroud’s test scores.

Also, yes the Panthers are crap because not only did they draft Bryce, they traded most of their assets away to do it for a guy that you have to have a specific system in place for, with below average size and arm strength.

Is he a bad HC? He had a .569 winning percentage before these last 2 seasons where he had an end of the road Matt Ryan and the shitshow going on in Carolina. That's a better winning percentage than Marv Levi, Chuck Noll and Jimmy Johnson just to name a few. Granted, that was after only 4 years of being a HC for Reich but still. He wasn't horrible.

And wasn't the Panthers coaching staff all about Stroud before the draft and it was Tipper who wanted Young? I remember McCown telling Stroud they'd play some hoops or something to that effect when they officially got Stroud to Carolina. You can dismiss owner meddling like that all you want, but it does matter. Hell, look at the Texans. It got pretty bad when Cal was being influenced by OB and the pastor. Now that that influence is coming from somewhere else (many believe it's Hannah) it's night and day difference.

A coach can't really do his job if an owner steps in and overrules football decisions of that coach.

Is he a bad HC? He had a .569 winning percentage before these last 2 seasons where he had an end of the road Matt Ryan and the shitshow going on in Carolina. That's a better winning percentage than Marv Levi, Chuck Noll and Jimmy Johnson just to name a few. Granted, that was after only 4 years of being a HC for Reich but still. He wasn't horrible.

And wasn't the Panthers coaching staff all about Stroud before the draft and it was Tipper who wanted Young? I remember McCown telling Stroud they'd play some hoops or something to that effect when they officially got Stroud to Carolina. You can dismiss owner meddling like that all you want, but it does matter. Hell, look at the Texans. It got pretty bad when Cal was being influenced by OB and the pastor. Now that that influence is coming from somewhere else (many believe it's Hannah) it's night and day difference.

A coach can't really do his job if an owner steps in and overrules football decisions of that coach.
Yes the coaching staff wanted Stroud, Tepper overruled for the Young pick. Like you said it does matter because what can a coach do if he has a QB who he feels doesn’t fit his system? And if Bryce didn’t play for Alabama, he would have been nowhere near the number one pick.

...but they are crap because they drafted Bryce Young. Reich is failing, but even he would've been better with Stroud. I know Demeco is a legend here and I wish he's the next great young coach..but he's still a rookie head coach with rookie coordinators, who have made mistakes. (But they all get to grow together) How many game winning drives has Stroud led already.. Bryce Young isn't winning those games, because he can't make those throws.

and the owner did meddle. That's well documented in Carolina.. Even McCown wanted Stroud (So did Frank Reich) Tepper got trapped up in the pre-draft S2 score crap. The man talks out of one side of his mouth, fires his coaches, and then out of the other says "the buck stops here".

He's notorious for reckless decisions.. He's Cal McNair before Hannah took the reigns. David Tepper is the new "Tommy Boy"

Except they didn’t put Young way over Stroud with play on the field. Stroud’s test scores were the really only big mark against him. Young’s size was just as big of a question mark as Stroud’s test scores.
Except they did.

I hear what you're saying. Didn't make any sense to me that Urkel was dang near consensus #1 at any point in the season. At the end of the 2022 NFL season I said if Young is the best QB of that class we don't need to be looking for our QB in that draft.

But there was not a dissenting opinion from April to August about Carolina drafting Young.

Normally I'd agree. But it really depends on the decision. In this case the decision was to take the guy #1 overall who "everybody" was saying should be the #1 overall pick.

Meaning it wasn't a bad decision. I was absolutely against drafting Young early in the 1st round but not because I thought he couldn't play. Until he starts missing multiple games a season I won't feel vindicated in my opinion.

It would be like saying McNair forced the Clowney pick & then firing the HC because Clowney broke his leg. It doesn't matter that Clowney was drafted because the owner said so, it was a good pick. & Clowney breaking his leg has nothing to do with you ot being able to run the ball, pass block, or run after the catch.

Owners shouldn't meddle, but that's not why the Panthers suck. Bryce Young is short & skinny but that's not why the Panthers suck.

Yes the coaching staff wanted Stroud, Tepper overruled for the Young pick. Like you said it does matter because what can a coach do if he has a QB who he feels doesn’t fit his system? And if Bryce didn’t play for Alabama, he would have been nowhere near the number one pick.
The same thing we said about O'Brien not beating square pegs into round holes. Coach to your players strengths, not to your system.

Last edited:
The same thing we said about O'Brien not beating square pegs into round h9oes. Coach to your players strengths, not to your system.

whaaat-say.gif

They do seem thrilled of Franks departure.:spin:

I do hope they are able to get something more out of Young at the very least give the Jags a hard time in a few weeks

Normally I'd agree. But it really depends on the decision. In this case the decision was to take the guy #1 overall who "everybody" was saying should be the #1 overall pick.

Meaning it wasn't a bad decision. I was absolutely against drafting Young early in the 1st round but not because I thought he couldn't play. Until he starts missing multiple games a season I won't feel vindicated in my opinion.

It would be like saying McNair forced the Clowney pick & then firing the HC because Clowney broke his leg. It doesn't matter that Clowney was drafted because the owner said so, it was a good pick. & Clowney breaking his leg has nothing to do with you ot being able to run the ball, pass block, or run after the catch.

Owners shouldn't meddle, but that's not why the Panthers suck. Bryce Young is short & skinny but that's not why the Panthers suck.

Just because “everybody” says so doesn’t make it so. Look how many #1 QBs fail. The coaching staff did their job, had the guy they wanted and the owner said “nah, I want this guy”. That’s not on the coach.

The same thing we said about O'Brien not beating square pegs into round h9oes. Coach to your players strengths, not to your system.
Then you’re going to have to run the read option for him, and how many coaches would want to do that? That works in college but not for sustained success in the NFL because currently his negatives are starting to really show beyond his size. His lack of arm strength cannot be ignored.

They do seem thrilled of Franks departure.:spin:

I do hope they are able to get something more out of Young at the very least give the Jags a hard time in a few weeks
They are thrilled, yet their situation isn’t desirable. And to any coach coming into that situation has to know he could be fired in the very same year that he is hired.

Just because “everybody” says so doesn’t make it so. Look how many #1 QBs fail. The coaching staff did their job, had the guy they wanted and the owner said “nah, I want this guy”. That’s not on the coach.
Of course that's not on the coach.

The team being bad is not because the owner told them to draft a particular guy. Are you saying the only thing wrong in Carolina is the QB?
Would all their problems be fixed if they had sat Bryce Young for the season & let Andy Dalton start? Have we heard rumors that the coaching staff wanted to start Dalton but the owner made them start Bryce?

The Panthers' failures this year are not due to them drafting Bryce Young. If anything drafting Young is another symptom.

Then you’re going to have to run the read option for him, and how many coaches would want to do that? That works in college but not for sustained success in the NFL because currently his negatives are starting to really show beyond his size. His lack of arm strength cannot be ignored.
Again, not a fan of Bryce Young.

But his arm strength was his arm strength when many of the smart football people on this board wanted to draft him with our 1st round pick. Had the Panthers drafted Stroud, the Texans most likely would have drafted Young. You can't get around it. At the time of the draft Bryce was dang near the consensus #1, meaning it wasn't a bad decision to draft him, regardless of who made the decision.

Players bust, that's part of the process. But just like no one saw Stroud's ceiling anywhere near what he's showing us today, no one saw Young's floor as low as we're seeing it now.

So back to my main point. It doesn't matter that the owner "forced" the coach to draft the QB. It may as well have been the GM telling him to do it. That decision is not why the Panthers aren't any good.

Back