Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston vs Chargers at home next year!

BufordTJustice

Practice Squad
I will try to keep this thread going until the time comes next season, but I just saw san diego's schedule for next year! The date is not set, but the team is...Houston Texans!

Why am I so excited, you ask? I LIVE IN SOUTHERN CAL! I haven't been home to Texas in some time now, so my Texans were only watched on TV. Now I can watch them again! I have posted other threads trying to find other Texans fans in southern cal, but no luck. So this one will be here until the game happens. If you live in the area or extended area, then reply here. Or even if you are making the trip, then reply here! I would love to meet other board members who are going to be making the trip or happen to find this site and thread. I'll post updates and such as they happen and ultimately try and get a pregame/postgame party going or even try and get all of our seats together. When the date comes, we will have to act fast (yes I know it's next year, but come on....I'm excited as hell!)

Here is the original site I found the teams that will play in san diego next season http://www.fbschedules.com/nfl-13/2013-san-diego-chargers-football-schedule.php

If you know anyone who might be interested or if you want in on this, let me know! Hope to hear from your soon!

Last edited:
Well, since you live in Cali you should get a chance to see our Texans play more than once. We play SD, SF, and Seattle on the road next year, as well as KC, and the usual division rivals, and the Ravens. SD would be a cool trip, but, I'm planning on SF and Seattle for my roadies to the West!!

Well, since you live in Cali you should get a chance to see our Texans play more than once. We play SD, SF, and Seattle on the road next year, as well as KC, and the usual division rivals, and the Ravens. SD would be a cool trip, but, I'm planning on SF and Seattle for my roadies to the West!!

Seattle will be at Reliant.

HOME: Denver, Oakland, New England, St. Louis, Seattle

AWAY: Kansas City, San Diego, Baltimore, Arizona, San Francisco

Seattle will be at Reliant.

HOME: Denver, Oakland, New England, St. Louis, Seattle

AWAY: Kansas City, San Diego, Baltimore, Arizona, San Francisco

I got my info off the HT website. I think Ariz and Seattle are backward. We play Seattle there, and Ariz here.

We won't know until schedule comes out. Some kind of crazy rule for west coast teams now

Yea, I just heard about that a couple days ago. I sure want to go to Seattle, but, probably not gonna happen. Oh well, there's no way I'm missing that SF game!!

I got my info off the HT website. I think Ariz and Seattle are backward. We play Seattle there, and Ariz here.

This is correct. We played in Arizona last time. It was the game with the memorable Andre beast mode TD.

My original plan was to go to San Diego for a road trip after the trip to Denver this year. It will depend on the schedule, though.

If they play at San Diego....I maybe going out there for that game.
I used to be in the USMC and graduated from San Diego and have wanted to go back and see the base again and other parts of San Diego I never saw.
And maybe head up to Las Vegas for a day or two after the game.....that would be fun......

If they play at San Diego....I maybe going out there for that game.
I used to be in the USMC and graduated from San Diego and have wanted to go back and see the base again and other parts of San Diego I never saw.
And maybe head up to Las Vegas for a day or two after the game.....that would be fun......

We already know who we are playing and where we are playing. That has been determined. The only thing missing at this time are the dates of the games.

We already know who we are playing and where we are playing. That has been determined. The only thing missing at this time are the dates of the games.

And yet there is misinformation in this very thread.

There is a new rule that is changing the schedule a bit. Teams will not be traveling to both "West" teams on the schedule. For example: San Francisco is an away game, so therefore Seattle will be a Home game next year. The "non-west" teams in that division (St. Louis & Arizona) will be a home/away split. The same thing will apply to our AFC West opponents, Denver/KC will be a home/away split and Oakland/San Diego will be a home/away split.

Schedule comes out tom, San Diego is the away game im planning to go this year.

Hopefully it will be the first month or 2 of the season and not during the holidays.

And yet there is misinformation in this very thread.

There is a new rule that is changing the schedule a bit. Teams will not be traveling to both "West" teams on the schedule. For example: San Francisco is an away game, so therefore Seattle will be a Home game next year. The "non-west" teams in that division (St. Louis & Arizona) will be a home/away split. The same thing will apply to our AFC West opponents, Denver/KC will be a home/away split and Oakland/San Diego will be a home/away split.

I guess I was providing that "misinformation". Based on the old schedule we would be in Seattle and San Fran.

I'm curious as to why the scheduling committee didn't check with me for my approval. Gonna have to check my spam folder.

It's nice to break up the NFC West juggernaut. Getting Seattle here will be much easier than dealing with that crowd.

Have fun, I love the SD area, for years it was my "second home". I was generally in the Alpine/El Cajon area.

Tickets to the game and airfare have been bought. Flying in Friday, leaving Tuesday. Super excited.

We are in P24 - the thing with this stadium is a lot of the lower level sideline seats are "limited view" You're better off buying seats in the end-zone than 50 yard line.

The lower numbers - if you're looking at the scoreboard, would be on the left hand side. Stubhub has a good map.

We're planning on going to this game as our first ever Road Game! Where is everyone staying? Any suggestions? We've never been to San Diego.

We are in P24 - the thing with this stadium is a lot of the lower level sideline seats are "limited view" You're better off buying seats in the end-zone than 50 yard line.

Ummmmm. No.

I have been in this stadium many times. Other than the first 8-10 rows of the Field Level yard line seats that are tarpped over anyway for football events, the seating plan is fine. There is no way that an end zone seat is preferable to yard line seat.

bpe3

Of course as soon as I say they tarp over the first 8-10 rows for football games, I find this photo showing a chargers game with no tarps.

Maybe they just tarp over them for the Holiday Bowl, which I've been to 5 or more times.

I'll agree that the first 10 rows of the Field Level should be avoided because they are too low, that's no reason to move all the way to the end zone.

Qualcomm%2BStadium1.jpg

bpe3

OK yeah, not ALL sideline seats are bad - but the ones in the 1st rows are, you're about 30 feet away from the field.

I went to a view from my seat dot com and found my seat was way better than the others being offered (as far as price/view). I like being able to see the scoreboard and have a view of the stadium :)

We're planning on going to this game as our first ever Road Game! Where is everyone staying? Any suggestions? We've never been to San Diego.

I've never been to a game there, but I have visited San Diego several times.
If you have an extended visit, 3 or more days, I may have some suggestions, depending on what you want to do.

A nice area is of course, west of Sea World, near the beach.
It's on the Northwest corner of Frwy 5 and 8.
The 5 goes North South and the 8 goes East West.
Going East will take you to the stadium, at most a 15 minute drive in normal traffic.

On another occasion, we stayed in La Jolla.
It's an upscale area; it's a mix really, kinda like West U on the beach.
It has a mix of trendy establishments and quaint shops.
About 20 minutes to Qualcomm.

The inexpensive area is in the Southwest corner of the 5 and 8 (it's directly South of Sea World across the 8.
We stayed at a Wyndham garden last year for $50 (I don't know how the wife found that deal).
The airport is just a little further South.

I've never stayed in downtown, but did stayed on Coronado Island, which is West Southwest of Downtown (the crossing bridge is south of downtown); that would be another nice area.

The south and southeast area of Qualcomm are Normal Heights and Mid City, where the locals hang out.
From the 805 all the way to the 15, and just past it to the East
I've never stayed in this area, but I have been to shops in the area, and was told about good eats (but didn't have time to try).
You can find a little of everything here from Richmond-like area to Asian town.

Hope it helps!

Last edited:
I've never stayed in downtown, but did stayed on Coronado Island, which is East Southeast of Downtown; that would be another nice area.

From the 805 all the way to the 15, and just past it to the West

Coronado is SW of downtown San Diego. The Pacific is generally to the west when you are in California.

What's with the urge to stick "the" in front of freeways when you are just talking about California?

Coronado is SW of downtown San Diego. The Pacific is generally to the west when you are in California.

What's with the urge to stick "the" in front of freeways when you are just talking about California?

Thanks for catching it.
I need to go back and make some changes in my post.
LOL, sometimes I meant to say West, but it came out East, and vice versa.

I dunno, my wife's cousins always use "The" with all the freways over here in California. We visit them every year or two, so it kinda got stuck in my mind when it comes to California.

Coronado Island is mostly Southwest of downtown, but its tip lies just Northwest of the Embarcadero Marina area, so I just call it West Southwest.

The wife and I are going to this year's SD game. We've never been to a football game there. We've been to baseball games there, and I may check the schedule to see if the Padres will be in town at that time. I couldn't care less about the Padres, but I really like that ballpark. Went out to LA and SD for the Biggio farewell tour and enjoyed it very much.

No idea where we're staying, but if there's going to be a get together or pseudo tailgate, I wouldn't mind meeting some of y'all.

I went to the NFL Draft in NYC and while standing in line I talk to all sorts of people, and these Chargers fans I spoke to were quite confident that we'd stand no chance.

I hope we make them eat dirt. He tried to call me a fan-boy because I didn't agree with him that Phillip Rivers is the best QB in the NFL. :rolleyes:

I went to the NFL Draft in NYC and while standing in line I talk to all sorts of people, and these Chargers fans I spoke to were quite confident that we'd stand no chance.

I hope we make them eat dirt. He tried to call me a fan-boy because I didn't agree with him that Phillip Rivers is the best QB in the NFL. :rolleyes:

Of course he is!! Durr!!

5687_2844_stupid-philip-rivers-face-300x273.jpg

there is a group of 20 of us going,

will post details when I have them but we are renting beach houses and will attempt to all be on the same United Flight

I am going in a group of 3. Very excited, but we did get 5th row seats so I'm feeling less excited about the comments claiming my view will be obstructed.

Would love to know what hotel the Texans will likely be in and definitely want to participate in any meet up! We will arrive Saturday night and stay through Tuesday.

Well it's great to see all the people responding to this post! I got my ticket today! Kinda nosebleed (V58), but cali kinda bleeds me dry with house payment and all.

But hey! I'm glad to be going! Hope to see you all there with tailgating, etc.

Oh and I'll be starting another thread soon showing my creation of a Texans horned cowboy hat! (sorry to use the "C" word there...)

Myself and wife making trip to SD would like to meet up with fellow Texans fans before game . Super excited first road game for us . :texflag::texflag::texflag:

A large group of us will be watching the Sunday night game at The Corner - 369 10th Avenue www.thecornersd.com

They will have drink specials, etc for us. It's basically a Texan bar for the night! :)

Well, everybody, the time is here! After making the first Texans/chargers for this game thread last year, we finally made it to the game. I can't wait and I'm sure you can't either. For those of you who will make it to the game, I'll be looking for you. Just remember, no glass bottles while tailgating or chargers personnel will kick you out (so I'm told anyway).

Either way, it should be a good one tonight! See you there!!

haha, im from texas myself, but when you start living out here, you start saying "The 805, The 15, The 5, etc"

I guess it's a california thing....just gotta live it to understand

Back