Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Kansas City Chiefs. 10/20. 3:25. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread**

Well, Keenum played well, but he made some rookie mistakes.

Couldn't identify overload blitzes and held on to the ball too long on that last play.

I think Newton has blackmail material on Kubes. There's no other logical reason he should keep ending up out there.

He held on to it a little too long when you consider how well they've been pressuring us.

Is Newton the worst offensive lineman you have ever seen? The guy is dreadful.

Keenum had no prayer thanks to the OLine and dude punched it from behind.....was not some dunbass turnover in my eyes so I do not hold that one against him. Neither Schaub nor Yates IMO would have put in such a good performance!

Derek Newton is useless. What a complete pathetic POS loser Derrick Newton is. **** Derrick Newton. I hate Derrick Newton.

Everyone talking about his mobility....there's so much more to moving around in the pocket than that...

Regardless, i said it the day he was announced as the starter think the kid should get the next start...go ahead and finish the season out.

I'll give Case credit. He's serviceable. Made some plays and bought some time w his feet. Need to do a better job at finding the free blitzer. Not a disaster. Would like to see him at QB after the bye.

We should still be eyeing QB, OL, LB, and DB in the draft.

And I bet we still trot Derek Newton out there after the bye week. I think he has allowed a sack in every...single...game. That is freaking ridiculous. Give that experiment up. Your sixth or seventh rounder is not a NFL starting tackle. Good backup but leave it at that please.

Not a bad showing for Keenum. Inexperience showed but that is to be expected. He still had one heck of a game considering no Foster, horrible protection and some guys who seem incapable of getting much separation.

Season seems to be over. Our O-line is the reason of this ****ty start (as I called out repeatedly over the off season, we have a big problem at RT) - Schaub got rattled by it and he never recovered. Keenum did everything right today, but he didn`t have much help.

Keep starting Keenum - Schaub is not a part of our future. Figure out if Case is, if not, we should have a high draft pick to get a franchise QB.

Man, I hate this season - I can`t wait for basketball season to star. Go Rockets!

I think the defense finally rallied a little bit. Our offensive line lost us another one.

I think the lack of a running game killed us down the stretch. Kubiak should have activated Cierre Wood.

Newton did decent on that actually. Forced the guy out wide. Keenum just didn't feel him so didn't get rid of it. Oh well.

Overall, pretty good for his first start.

It's becoming more and more clear where much of the problem is.

The O-line.

Yes, Schaub isn't the answer with this O-line and Keenum, to his credit, made some plays under pressure that Schaub never would have. And I'm comfortable (for now) continuing to start Keenum. But this O-line flat out sucks right now.

Back