Houston Texans ~ A Potent Offense?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Ali4Real, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Ali4Real

Ali4Real Guest

Houston is a hard team to contain on offense given the abundance of weapons - Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels, Slaton. I fully expect Matt Schaub to be able to move the ball down into the red zone a few times on Sunday. And Slaton has been one of the most heavily-used backs in the league inside the 20 - his 24 red zone carries rank eighth among RBs, while no back has equaled his eight red zone targets. As you can see, there's a good reason Slaton has scored in five of the past six games. I'm betting that he'll make it six out of his last seven on Sunday.

According to Andy Behrens

I love to see the Texans viewed as an offensive threat, hope we can become a defensive threat soon!

2. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Aug 11, 2004
    As I have posted in the Kubiak threads, we have the potential to be a Super Bowl caliber offense in a year or two. The turnovers and the defense are what's killing us now. Kubiak has done a damn fine job of building this team, but there were a lot of holes to start with. I predict the DC gets fired after this season. Another draft of defense and a better DC and we may yet win some playoff games under Kubiak.

Remember it took the Colts a few years to get their defense caught up to the offense, as well.
  3. kcdoubleeagle

kcdoubleeagle Veteran

Sep 15, 2007
    Yeah...a great defensive draft the next two years....

but don't forget the impact free agent or two...cough cough...Haynesworth..cough. I know, I know it's a pipedream.