Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans 2009 NFL Draft

Shaft75

All Pro
Mods, you can move this if you want. But I am just dying to talk about the draft with EVERY TEXANS FAN!
:fans:

I got one I'll sell you for $500 dollars . Just send me a check and wait at the front door of Reliant .

I don't know if I trust that too much. There was an African Prince that was exiled one time and I sent that dude all of my routing information and never saw a penny of the $2.5 million that he said would be transfered to my account.

I don't know if I trust that too much. There was an African Prince that was exiled one time and I sent that dude all of my routing information and never saw a penny of the $2.5 million that he said would be transfered to my account.

That was an accident, please resend the money to my account :)

In regards to the draft, I wont even expect anything but us picking players, we're ... unpredictable :)

I see us trading back about 7 places and trying to pick up Cushing. It's not what I want at all, but we could use a couple more picks.

I see us trading back about 7 places and trying to pick up Cushing. It's not what I want at all, but we could use a couple more picks.

I see us not trading back because no one wants to move up and then we'll take someone who isn't a USC linebacker, because I really hope we don't take a LB in the first round of the draft.

Give me a lineman please, I don't even care if its offense of defense, just get me a big fatty please.

Give me Jenkins at #15 and I will be happy. If he ain't there, get the best player available or trade down. Trade down is unlikely so for me its pretty much anyone but Cushing and Matthews. I'd take one of the top Offensive Lineman that is bound to fall to #15 if it was up to me. You can never have enough lineman and that is where we could have a high value guy dropping our lap (smith, oher, etc.)

The Texans are finally in the position that they can move down in the draft and still get the players they need. If we trade down, we get extra picks and we can do excellently. This may be even better than the 2006 draft. We're poised to gain lots of ground

I'll get pretty pissed if Jenkins is sitting there at 15 and we pass up on him. I hear some "expert" say today orakpo will slide. If we pass on him I will show my best swtbound impersonation.

Mods, you can move this if you want. But I am just dying to talk about the draft with EVERY TEXANS FAN!
:fans:

Twas the night before draft day and all through the house...

It's Christmas in April! Did everyone remember to leave a hot dog and a mug of beer for Draft Claus tonight?

He sees you when your 2-14, he knows when you're 8-8, he knows if your GM is good or bad...so trade back for goodness sake.

The Texans are finally in the position that they can move down in the draft and still get the players they need. If we trade down, we get extra picks and we can do excellently. This may be even better than the 2006 draft. We're poised to gain lots of ground

Not sure about that one....
I'm just not convinced this draft class is as full of talent as the 2006 class. I don't see a no-brainer starter guy coming from this draft. well, maybe one if we hit on a stud OLB or FS.

But, if nothing else, we can definitely upgrade our depth.

this just in: Lions Trade Down!!

someone forgot to take Matt Millen's keys to the warroom

Twas the night before draft day and all through the house...

It's Christmas in April! Did everyone remember to leave a hot dog and a mug of beer for Draft Claus tonight?

He sees you when your 2-14, he knows when you're 8-8, he knows if your GM is good or bad...so trade back for goodness sake.

DING DING, We have a winner :)

Thanks mate, spewed coffee all over! ;)

Expect the usual thoughtful commentary. :zzz:

draft_cartoon.gif

Man, I can't wait for da draft- I hope Smitiak does'nt get cute by reaching...or trading a bunch of picks to move up! I think this draft is important to the health of Coach Kubiak! Well anyway, hope everyone here has good time during da draft, & to expect the unexpected!:fans::doot::specnatz:

Man, I can't wait for da draft- I hope Smitiak does'nt get cute by reaching...or trading a bunch of picks to move up! I think this draft is important to the health of Coach Kubiak! Well anyway, hope everyone here has good time during da draft, & to expect the unexpected!:fans::doot::specnatz:

I do not see us trading up. I wouldn't be surprised with a trade down, and think that may well he the best way to go, unless there is a surprise in someone dropping down to us that hasn't been foreseen.

I will be wearing my Texans t-shirt UNDER my Battle Red Andre Johnson jersey--Two layers of draft protection.

Cleared off enough space on the DirecTV HD DVR to catch today's coverage from start-to-finish. I like to start it recording, go and grill for me and a couple of neighbors, then come back inside a couple hours later and fast-forward through commercials and all the repetitive analysis they do.

This is something we don't have to worry about. Smith is so prepared. They have run every scenario. All that is left to do is to see how it plays out. Any mistakes in judgement have already been made. I find it very confident to know that these guys aren't going to make any big decisions in that moment.

Luck favors the prepared.

Well, shucks, I thought this could be the main draft thread. Mods, I really think that we need one in the TT section. Especially the day of the draft.

Well, shucks, I thought this could be the main draft thread. Mods, I really think that we need one in the TT section. Especially the day of the draft.

General draft talk/conjecture goes in the draft section. Once players are selected A thread can be started for each one in the TT forum.

General draft talk/conjecture goes in the draft section. Once players are selected A thread can be started for each one in the TT forum.

I figured. I just think a draft forum up at the top would catch people's eye more. Which has been done now, so...:deadhorse

I figured. I just think a draft forum up at the top would catch people's eye more. Which has been done now, so...:deadhorse

Yeah Vinny generally does this every year at the Draft. I think he usually does a Day 2 section too when it rolls around. It helps to keep things better organized, but I'm sure we'll still see tons of duplicate threads and what not.

I do not see us trading up. I wouldn't be surprised with a trade down, and think that may well he the best way to go, unless there is a surprise in someone dropping down to us that hasn't been foreseen.

If Aaron Curry drops down past San Francisco, which I doubt, then we could trade up.

Back