HOF DB Dave Duerson Committed Suicide: Medical Examiner

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Feb 19, 2011.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

MODS PLEASE REMOVE "HOF RB" FROM THE THREAD TITLE>>>>>>>THANKS! (HE WAS A DB.)

Not much detail, but he must have suspected whatever his "problem" was, it was related to the football brain trauma.........he left a request that his brain be examined.

"He cared about the game, itself and the integrity of the game, and the future of the game."

Duerson was thinking about the future of the game and the future health of NFL players, even in his death.
    http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/grizzly-detail/Dave-Duerson-Committed-Suicide-Medical-Examiner-116539023.html

2. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Man, that's the saddest thing I've heard in a good while. RIP DD.

I'm not even close to understanding that one. It seemed the man had his faculties. It makes me consider the irony of such a cowardly act done, but surely not because of, the future benefit of others. Brave consideration of others yet such selfishness all in one ball of wax.

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

That's humanity for ya. It's why God has yet to just send us all straight to Heaven or Hell. We're just..........luke warm.

4. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

N.F.L. Players Shaken by Duerson’s Suicide Calculation
    By ALAN SCHWARZ
    Published: February 20, 2011
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/21/sports/football/21duerson.html