Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

High School Using Texans Logo

RTP2110

All Pro
I've seen teams use NFL logos before. This is the first time I've seen anyone using the Texans. Pretty cool to me, even thought they're called Mavericks.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=sandiegohs&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos1

etick_nn_garrett15_850.jpg

-sorry if wrong forum-

OK, now I am wasting my time looking at all the cool helmet designs for teams accross Texas. Thanks RTP. ;)

When did Deer Park switch to this? When I was in JH school there they had yellow helmets with the DP logo.

DeerPark.png

OK, now I am wasting my time looking at all the cool helmet designs for teams accross Texas. Thanks RTP. ;)

When did Deer Park switch to this? When I was in JH school there they had yellow helmets with the DP logo.

DeerPark.png

That's new to me, as of 1999 I thought it was a maroon helmet with gold DP on it. I like that design though.

Brashear Bulls here in pittsburgh use the logo as well. The logo was painted on a local bar I went to and was freakout out until I found out it was a local high school team

DeerPark.png

The Deer......... :heh: That has to strike fear into the opposition. Its always made me chuckle.

The Pearland Oilers no longer have an oil derrick on their helmuts, but just the letter P. When did that happen?

I graduated from Pearland back in '69, obviously I haven't kept up with them. LOL

my HS football's logo was a black R on a silver helmet. but our school was broke as a joke and a lot of kids just didn't get the R's

Sam Rayburn in Pasadena call themselves the Texans, but, I thought their mascot was a Cowboy. Not joking about that either!:thinking:

There's a pop warner team in LaPorte called the Texans and they use the Texan logo also. Their field backs up to where my granddaughter goes to school. Same colors also. They have an LP in the star.

I always knew there was something wrong with that school!!!:)

E-A-G-L-E'-S!!!! P-H-S EAGLES FIGHT!!!!!

I went to PHS for my freshman year. :D

Rayburn and Pasadena were the big rivalry 25 years ago, so it was kind of weird going from one to the other.

Here in Bryan, the new Middle School (Davila Middle School) chose to be the Texans, and have a copy of the logo. It's even on the sign in front of the shcool.

I'm surprised the Port Lavaca Calhoun High School "Fighting Sandcrabs" don't have more of a helmet design. This looks like the monogram on my dress shirt.

PortLavacaCalhoun.png

I was thinking James Garner. :cool:

My mascot:

Johnny_Reb.jpg

Obviously, it's so not PC.

That's pretty cool actually. I used to be a Civl War reenactor and have quite a few ancestors that represented Texas in that war. It's a shame the PCers have demonized that part of Texas history. Well, actually the Klan are more to blame than anyone else by misusing the old symbols of the Confederate soldier. However that is for another thread.

There is a high school here in Corpus that are called the Texans. W.B. Ray HS. They use a Spur and a Texan(not Cowboy) as the mascot/logo.

I found their fight song but I changed it up to reflect our Houston Texans and fans.

We are the Houston Texans
Strong and tough
We’ll beat the enemy in contest
Never say die.
We’ll Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
With all our deep steel blue power
And all the battle red in our veins
We will fight! With all our might!
To demolish the enemy upright
And bring home a victory! FIGHT!

I included their version....

We are the Fighting Texans
Stalwart and upright fellows
We’ll meet the foe in contest
Never say die.
With all our silver power
And all the scarlet in our veins
To do the foe upright

Sam Rayburn in Pasadena call themselves the Texans, but, I thought their mascot was a Cowboy. Not joking about that either!:thinking:

There's a pop warner team in LaPorte called the Texans and they use the Texan logo also. Their field backs up to where my granddaughter goes to school. Same colors also. They have an LP in the star.
I see that logo all the time over here. It's painted (badly) up by the football field behind Baker (Underwood and Spencer).

New%20Texans.bmp

I see that logo all the time over here. It's painted (badly) up by the football field behind Baker (Underwood and Spencer).

New%20Texans.bmp

LOL, I went to Baker JH. I assume the La Porte Oilers Pee Wee team were replaced by the La Porte Texans. Of course the La Porte Cowboys have been around for decades.

There is a high school here in Corpus that are called the Texans. W.B. Ray HS. They use a Spur and a Texan(not Cowboy) as the mascot/logo.

I found their fight song but I changed it up to reflect our Houston Texans and fans.

We are the Houston Texans
Strong and tough
We’ll beat the enemy in contest
Never say die.
With all our deep steel blue power
And all the battle red in our veins
To demolish the enemy upright

I included their version....

We are the Fighting Texans
Stalwart and upright fellows
We’ll meet the foe in contest
Never say die.
With all our silver power
And all the scarlet in our veins
To do the foe upright

ahh, the "candy stripers" of Ray!!! Right?

Back