Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who has the coolest helmet design in Texas HS football?

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
OK, I found this site (which is very cool btw) because of that other thread in the Texans section.

http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/

Let's start a thread on who has the coolest helmet. I will throw one out for starters. I am looking for originality, not ones that have obviously been taken from an NFL or college team.

South Garland Colonels from the Dallas area. Not bad, very original.

Wolf

100% Texan
I am not too fond of this one I liked the older helmets when I went to school

Earlier versions were same colors but

Tivy on the side of it where the top of the "T" continued to the right until the end of the "Y" and the bottom of the "Y" continued left to run under the letters until it reached the "T"

YellerLotYeller

nice marmot
I like this one...I've only been through a few Regions though.

Killeen Harker Heights Knights

On a side note, 2 of the best teams in Texas have horrible logos.

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Look at the Arlington Houston Texans. Let's see what we get when we cross the Dallas Cowboys with the Texas Tech logos.

MannyFresh

El Capitan
Well we're out of it this year. But the next great small running from this school had an awesome freshman year at Oregon State. Go 'Stangs'!

bah007

Hall of Fame
That's where my sister went to HS and is literally down the street from my house.
It's a great school. Football program is about to blow up too.

We went 1-9 last year, and our head coach died of cancer. We brought back our old strength coach and made him the new head coach, and in one season he turned us around to 6-3.

It's a great school. Football program is about to blow up too.

We went 1-9 last year, and our head coach died of cancer. We brought back our old strength coach and made him the new head coach, and in one season he turned us around to 6-3.
Coach Konicki was my biology teacher way back in the day at Klein. RIP

bah007

Hall of Fame
Coach Konicki was my biology teacher way back in the day at Klein. RIP
I only met him once cuz I was graduating when he was hired, but he seemed like a really good guy.

I helped with a camp over at the school this summer and the kids all seemed to like him a lot.

JayCee

Waterboy
do teams need to get permission before they copy another teams logo?

just been looking through the site and i was surprised to see the number the helmets that are exactly the same as nfl and college logos, but just with different colouring

Hervoyel

BUENO!
My high school at the time I went there

Stratford Spartans

Today they use this:

I'm not really sure if I like this any better than the original. I'm old school in most things.

Wolf

100% Texan

just been looking through the site and i was surprised to see the number the helmets that are exactly the same as nfl and college logos, but just with different colouring
not sure.. I mean look at Angelo State University (Rams)

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
My high school at the time I went there

Stratford Spartans

Today they use this:

I'm not really sure if I like this any better than the original. I'm old school in most things.
There is no question the "Packers" version is much better. That is what they were wearing when I saw Craig James run all over my school in the Astrodome sometime in the late 70's.

Yankee_In_TX

Dance Lindsay!

Yes, didn't some high school just get sued by Missouri?

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
My high school, Ft. Worth Trinity Valley used to have a Trojan, ala USC when I started. Then we switched to the "swooshing striped letters" of TVS like TCU and other colleges had and now it is the "T"

gwallaia

Staff member
This is what happens when you mix the butt-ugly colors of the Nashville Titans with our beloved Texan logo as the fools at Pasadena Sam Rayburn have done.

Boo!

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
My kids School and the High School football team that I mostly follow these days:

Pearland Oilers

The High School I attended and played for and still occasionally watch.

Friendswood Mustangs (helmets were just white and blue when I played)

Mari-OWNED!

Bucco Bruce
Gotta rep my high school, even though their football team has sucked for over 10 years now.

Clear Brook Wolverines 2006

Looks like they've changed their colors since I have left...

Clear Brook Wolverines 2007-2008

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
Ha, I was at Friendswood High School when Brook first opened their doors. They didn't have a Varsity at the time, but I think our JV or Freshmen played them.

My daughter has a couple friends graduating from Brook this year.

AnthonyE

Lurker
My high school (Stephen F. Austin in Sugar Land, TX) changed its logo from the words Bulldogs to the image of one, not bad IMO...

FYI, this is the high school where All-American DE Jerry Hughes went to and played RB at!

***for some reason the pic doesn't show up so here's the link: http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/TexasHighSchools/F/FortBendAustin.htm
You have to use the image url, not the link url inside the [ img] tag. Here's the image url: http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/TexasHighSchools/F/FortBendAustin.png

This is a pretty nice helmet. Me like. I go to Jersey Village High School, and our helmet is just a knock off of the ATL Falcons helmet, except the colors are changed to purple and gold. Lame.