Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Help us AJ, you're our only hope!!!

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Watching the Texans' pass rush magically disappear was very disheartening on Sunday. He's not as important to the defense's success as AJ is to the offense but he comes pretty damn close. Teams have to gameplan for him which makes the players around him better. Now there is nobody in the front 7 except for Cushing (who looks like he's back to his overtrained athletic self) that merits that type of attention.

Antonio Smith is a steady vet who looked like a pro bowler this season due in large part to the attention Mario was getting. Now he will likely regress back to being just a solid scrappy starter. JJ Watt has shown flashes but you can only expect so much out of a rookie.

Now that Super Mario is out for the season I just gotta hope that AJ can make a miraculous recovery ASAP and put this team on his back to charge into the playoffs. Weak division this year due to each team's various injuries/inherent suckitude and every team in the AFC South keeps tripping over themselves trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :-(

Watching the Texans' pass rush magically disappear was very disheartening on Sunday. He's not as important to the defense's success as AJ is to the offense but he comes pretty damn close. Teams have to gameplan for him which makes the players around him better. Now there is nobody in the front 7 except for Cushing (who looks like he's back to his overtrained athletic self) that merits that type of attention.

Antonio Smith is a steady vet who looked like a pro bowler this season due in large part to the attention Mario was getting. Now he will likely regress back to being just a solid scrappy starter. JJ Watt has shown flashes but you can only expect so much out of a rookie.

Now that Super Mario is out for the season I just gotta hope that AJ can make a miraculous recovery ASAP and put this team on his back to charge into the playoffs. Weak division this year due to each team's various injuries/inherent suckitude and every team in the AFC South keeps tripping over themselves trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory :-(

I'm comin' as fast as I can, Marshal Dillon!

chester.gif

AJ should just quit faking injuries already. We all know he's a cyborg from the 28th century sent back in time to break J.Rice's records.

torotimes-andre3000.jpg

Marshall Dillon or Grandpa McCoy?
riostumpy.jpg

The Karankawa Enron Burial Curse rolls on. Hayahoya HayainsiderHoyaselling Noseeum.

I know things are going to be more difficult without Mario, but it's not like the rest of the defense will suddenly forget everything they have learned. I mean, after all, it's not like the defense is comprised of 11 clones of Jacoby Jones.

I know things are going to be more difficult without Mario, but it's not like the rest of the defense will suddenly forget everything they have learned. I mean, after all, it's not like the defense is comprised of 11 clones of Jacoby Jones.

:heh:

Actually, I think Brooks Reed will fill in admirably for Mario.

I also think that Mario, because of an Incomplete Grade ("I" in school, IIRC) during a contract year will be "franchised" for next season.... Good things to come for this defense.

I also think that Mario, because of an Incomplete Grade ("I" in school, IIRC) during a contract year will be "franchised" for next season.... Good things to come for this defense.

Franchise may not be the answer his franchise # is sloted at 20 million for the year. This may be last we see of Super Mario our defense will miss him if he moves on. Hopefully he is hungry to stay with phillips.

I'm not buying that we lost all our pass rush when Mario went out. I thought we were pretty disruptive throughout the game. Personally, I'm excited to see the crazy Blitz packages Wade will bring now that he can be a little more flexible with our OLBs. Cushing and Demeco will have a lot of opportunities to be disruptive forces.

Absolutely! I would rather tread water for 4 or 5 weeks versus losing him for the balance of the season!

Or worse ..... come back and tear something to the point it ends his career.

Didnt seem to be a very big drop off on the defense when MW went out .... I think Reed can handle it.

Depends on how the season plays out as to whats done with MW's contract ..... but I think its a good possibility he's franchised ..... who's his agent ?

Or worse ..... come back and tear something to the point it ends his career.

Didnt seem to be a very big drop off on the defense when MW went out .... I think Reed can handle it.

Depends on how the season plays out as to whats done with MW's contract ..... but I think its a good possibility he's franchised ..... who's his agent ?

I'd rather us sign him long term, because the cost just got a little bit cheaper with his injury most likely. He was on pace for a career year and if Wade is still here, i think he would like to continue on padding his stats.

Marshall Dillon or Grandpa McCoy?
riostumpy.jpg

The Karankawa Enron Burial Curse rolls on. Hayahoya HayainsiderHoyaselling Noseeum.

That image is from .... Rio Bravo which Brennan appeared in with John Wayne , Dean Martin , Ricky Nelson , Ward Bond , John Russell and Angie Dickinson ..... Whole lotta stars from the era in that movie.

I'd rather us sign him long term, because the cost just got a little bit cheaper with his injury most likely. He was on pace for a career year and if Wade is still here, i think he would like to continue on padding his stats.

No guarantee that Wade is still here after this season .... which is why I said it all depends on how the season plays out.

Back