Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Head Coach Candidates

Impossible. Other posters here told me that he didn't want to come here. Could it be that maybe they don't know everything?
I certainly dont know everything.

I'm shocked that Cal would interview a guy that sued him. That's not the way it works out here in the real world.

I certainly dont know everything.

I'm shocked that Cal would interview a guy that sued him. That's not the way it works out here in the real world.
Sometimes a man has to swallow his pride. If winning is Cal's priority, he NEEDS to consider everyone who can help us win. No different than this franchise continuing to entertain Mulaghetta clients. If we want to win, we need to continue moving forward no matter who has done what in the past.

Brady gambled with BTK, will he with Raiders?
BTK the serial killer?
I’m surprised, I think of all the jobs open right now Carolina seems to be the best situation
Surprisingly, the Panthers are over the cap by over $7 million. They have a lot of questionable contracts and $18 million in dead money from the McCaffrey trade. Do DJ Moore, Taylor Moton and Shaq Thompson seem like $25 million players to you? Their best player, Brian Burns, is on the last year of his rookie contract. All of that, and no long term answer at QB.

Hypothetically, if the price for Payton is a 1st round pick, would you rather trade:

Pick 1.12
or
Derrick Stingley

The thought behind offering Stingley is two fold.

He's an LSU alum, and knowing the fans in Louisiana, that brings quite a bit of value.

And due to the his lisfranc injury history, there's a decent chance his career won't be as long as it could be otherwise.

I think I'd pass on Payton at this price and go with Gannon personally, assuming he'd take the job.

Thoughts?

Impossible. I’ve read multiple times it can only involve draft compensation.

If they would take our 2nd and a lower round consideration next year, I’m open to considering it as I think we can make up the 2nd with a FA that we may not have gotten if we had one of the young bucks.

Still think he is using us as fish bait but we’ll see.

Sometimes a man has to swallow his pride. If winning is Cal's priority, he NEEDS to consider everyone who can help us win. No different than this franchise continuing to entertain Mulaghetta clients. If we want to win, we need to continue moving forward no matter who has done what in the past.
Dealing with that piece of trash will doom this team.

I'm also surprised Demeco wants to interview with the Texans. For his sake I hope he doesn't take the job.

BTK the serial killer?

Surprisingly, the Panthers are over the cap by over $7 million. They have a lot of questionable contracts and $18 million in dead money from the McCaffrey trade. Do DJ Moore, Taylor Moton and Shaq Thompson seem like $25 million players to you? Their best player, Brian Burns, is on the last year of his rookie contract. All of that, and no long term answer at QB.
Didn’t realize they were in a bad cap spot, was mostly going off the fact that they actually showed they have the talent to win some games there at the end of the year

For years people said the same thing about Scott Boras in baseball and yet his clients have won rings and gotten paid. I give zero whatevers about who a player's agent is
So you want another Derrick situation in 3 yrs and all for a QB that still has a lot to prove? I could see if Stroud was an Elway prospect why you would be willing to deal with this piece of trash. Stroud ain't that guy.

For years people said the same thing about Scott Boras in baseball and yet his clients have won rings and gotten paid. I give zero whatevers about who a player's agent is

You giving zero whatever’s doesn’t matter. What matters is if the McNair's do or not. They may in the future and/or with not so high profile clients, but they are fresh off Mulugheta stealing $37M from them. Drafting a high profile client of his might make them a little hesitant. At least right now. A 3rd, 4th rounder and beyond, not that big a deal.

So you want another Derrick situation in 3 yrs and all for a QB that still has a lot to prove? I could see if Stroud was an Elway prospect why you would be willing to deal with this piece of trash. Stroud ain't that guy.
All because that crap happened with Watson doesn’t mean it will happen with Stroud. Watson was in the streets moving wrong. Stop trying put these gents in the same category

I put that on the player more than the agent. And agree that Stroud aint that guy, but if I was I'd have no reservations about dealing with Mulugheta.

You giving zero whatever’s doesn’t matter. What matters is if the McNair's do or not. They may in the future and/or with not so high profile clients, but they are fresh off Mulugheta stealing $37M from them. Drafting a high profile client of his might make them a little hesitant. At least right now. A 3rd, 4th rounder and beyond, not that big a deal.

It's sports and business, if you can't put your ego aside, you're not going to win. No owner/GM should ever let who a player's agent is affect the decision to draft/sign said player.

It's sports and business, if you can't put your ego aside, you're not going to win. No owner/GM should ever let who a player's agent is affect the decision to draft/sign said player.

Don't have to convince me of that. Go talk to the McNair's.

From the tweet, Sean Payton version of the Saints' price:
compensation to acquire him will probably be "a mid-to-late first-round pick.” Could change depending on teams, but that seems to be the asking price.
If teams agreeing to meet with Payton understand this, then the Broncos only have the 49ers 1st rd pick this year. If the 49ers go to the SB that pick would be 1.30 or 1.31 which is comparable to the Texans 2.33. Regardless of his coaching skills, Payton is an inactive coach so it's not the same as when Gruden (the active HC of the Raiders) was traded. For 1.12 then for me it's Payton + Jeff Ireland or Pete Carmichael Jr.

Maybe they have dinner and drinks first, and the interview starts at midnight?
I think date is Feb 17 for formal agreement. As with trade deadlines, talks and agreements ok but can't be approved by NFL. Also, I think a team has to permit interviews until deadline.

I put that on the player more than the agent. And agree that Stroud aint that guy, but if I was I'd have no reservations about dealing with Mulugheta.

Agree to disagree,

You're going to have the same thing in 3 yrs.

Pass on that except for an Elway type guy.

All because that crap happened with Watson doesn’t mean it will happen with Stroud. Watson was in the streets moving wrong. Stop trying put these gents in the same category

I'm putting the agent in the same category.

He's the guy that pushed for the Derrick extension at the end of yr 3 and then helped if not encouraged Derrick to get out of that contract a mere 6 months later.

DM the POS that he is takes advantage of poor young fatherless guys. He's actually a very good con man. Most liars have this in common.

Stroud having this POS as his agent tells me he's a poor decision maker and it's better to avoid poor decision makers if at all possible.

You think he’s going to opt out of his contract like Watson? Trying to understand your view on this steelb

I think the POS that represents him will push for him to get out of that contract after 3 yrs. See:Kyler Murray

David from the bannable word is not to be trusted. His word or signed contracts mean nothing to him and to think some here trust that if Stroud is drafted by the Texans and is only top 10-15 good, the McNair's will be going through the Derrick thing all over again and you know what? They will fully deserve what they asked for. Screw DM

I think the POS that represents him will push for him to get out of that contract after 3 yrs. See:Kyler Murray

David from the bannable word is not to be trusted. His word or signed contracts mean nothing to him and to think some here trust that if Stroud is drafted by the Texans and is only top 10-15 good, the McNair's will be going through the Derrick thing all over again and you know what? They will fully deserve what they asked for. Screw DM

Everybody knows what I think of the DM and I've been asked by members to refrain from using the words that I use to describe him. So I'm out when it comes to talking about this fine specimen of morality.

Been saying that too. If you listen to Carsterio, he said he and David have a good working relationship because David has alot of good to great players. He also said 1 situation isn't going to blind him about another situation.

Been saying that too. If you listen to Carsterio, he said he and David have a good working relationship because David has alot of good to great players. He also said 1 situation isn't going to blind him about another situation.
And when Caserio and McNair gets screwed over again Caserio should be fired .

Impossible. I’ve read multiple times it can only involve draft compensation.

If they would take our 2nd and a lower round consideration next year, I’m open to considering it as I think we can make up the 2nd with a FA that we may not have gotten if we had one of the young bucks.

Still think he is using us as fish bait but we’ll see.
I can see things about the Texans that might appeal to the x-NOLA HC that wouldn't exist with other franchises:
(1)comparatively weak division competition offering the opportunity of rapid ascension into playoff contention , (2) the kind of player/personnel control with drafting & free agency that wouldn't be
present with other organizations, (3) Impressive draft capital & currently something like about 45 million in cap-pace (4) and finally dumb-azz ownership that's gullible and easily manipulated by a sharp operator like Payton.

Back