Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Green bay Fans shovel snow....

TxDavid

Veteran
Green Bay fans are shoveling the snow @ Lambeau Field today....

Article

Photo Gallery

Green Bay Gazette said:
Ted Eisenreich, the Packers' director of facility operations, said 300 people is the magic number to efficiently remove snow from the bowl. Any more and people are tripping over each other, Eisenreich said.

More than 800 people joined the queue to shovel when the gates opened at 10 a.m. About 40 remained at 11 a.m. hoping to get a shovel after one of the first 300 got tired or left.

The work was hard going. A thick layer of ice coated most of the seating bowl topped several inches of snow. It was the aftermath of the mild temperatures during Saturday's snowy NFC divisional playoff game Saturday followed by freezing weather and dustings of more snow.

It was more scraping and chiseling than actual shoveling.

The extra effort didn't bother Ben Traeger of Green Bay.

"This is the third time doing this," he said. "I like coming to Lambeau."

Alyssa Vogt, 18, of Germantown got up at 5:30 a.m. to drive to Green Bay to help shovel. She talked friends Ryan Alt, 19, and Megan Borchert, 18, into making the trip with her.

"This is a once in a lifetime experience," Vogt said with a broad smile. "We couldn't pass it up."

I saw a film of that last night. It was pretty cool the way they were 'combing' the snow out of the stands.

I had a thought when the Giants won, or sometime after, that somebody, somewhere in PackerLand was thinking, "I love the Pack, but crap, now I have to shovel all that *%^& for $8.00 an hour!"

Seriously they must own a snow blower at home or her dad does not make her shovel the crap at home for her to think this is a once in a life time oppertunity.

Lambeau0704.JPG

I love the history and tradition that is Lambeau Field, but for a $300,000,000.00 renovation, couldn't they have lost the metal bench seating and put in individual seating... ???

I love the history and tradition that is Lambeau Field, but for a $300,000,000.00 renovation, couldn't they have lost the metal bench seating and put in individual seating... ???

Hell, the town owns the team, and the stadium. They probably put it to a vote, and the citizens said screw it, we don't need no stinking fancy seats!

Hell, the town owns the team, and the stadium. They probably put it to a vote, and the citizens said screw it, we don't need no stinking fancy seats!

You're probably right. Besides, if you're standing for most of the game - what does it matter.

That's how hardcore football fans do it!

I bet our 5,000 hardcore Texans fans would do it...you know, if it actually snowed down here and our roof didn't close.

I dunno, I think it's kind of cool that they have metal benches. I've never found the seats at Reliant to be anything special and if you're any bigger than a 12 year old girl then they're way too narrow (in my opinion being 5'9" and 230lbs, a little on the fat side).

I always feel like I've been packed in there like a sardine.

I here ya.. My first comment was mostly said tongue in cheek, as I wouldn't opposed to removing ALL seating at Football venues. I rarely sit.

I just find it funny (being in construction) that Reliant Stadium cost ~ 350,000,000.00 and they spent nearly that.

I dunno, I think it's kind of cool that they have metal benches. I've never found the seats at Reliant to be anything special and if you're any bigger than a 12 year old girl then they're way too narrow (in my opinion being 5'9" and 230lbs, a little on the fat side).

I always feel like I've been packed in there like a sardine.

I feel the same way. At 6'5" 245 the seats are very small. I ruined a cell phone jumping up out of my seat during the Broncos game. It was clipped on my jeans and when I jumped up it caught the side of the seat and was catapulted about 10 feet in the air and landed in the isle 5 rows in front.

I don't have the luxury of being able to stand the whole game. I've got a boatload of lackadaisical fans that surround me. :gun:

It was reported today that one of Green Bay's TV stations also cut off the Saturday afternoon showing of Seinfeld because it is the favorite show of Eli Manning. No joke.

It was reported today that one of Green Bay's TV stations also cut off the Saturday afternoon showing of Seinfeld because it is the favorite show of Eli Manning. No joke.

That is true and Plaxico Burress said it was a good thing because Eli didn't need to be distracted by TV programs.

You see that on Mike & Mike?? That's where I saw it and thought I must have still been asleep. That was too funny. Didn't hear the suggested programming Pack fans sent in but that must have been good.

Dammit. I so want to go to Lambeau field when it's pouring snow. What a way to play/watch football. We really do have it easy here in Texas. Luxurious bucket seats.

If it doesn't snow on Sunday when the Packers tear down the Giants, I'm going to be pissed. I love seeing them shirtless dudes. I flat out love it! No, I'm not gay or anything like that. It's their fanaticalism (if that's even a word) that I deeply admire and long to share that same extreme nature. I share that same fanaticalism for my beloved Houston Texans. I just have it made easy as opposed to them.

An Imaginary Devout Packer fan said:
350 million? For a renovation which could easily fit a dome and bucket seats into the plan!? To heck with that junk! Let's go watch the Pack Attack!

Don't you love that attitude? I know I do.

What was all of that white stuff all over the ground? Is that the stuff they call snow that I keep hearing about?

Then they all climb up to the top row, throw that shovel on top of that shoot and jump on for the ride all the way to the bottom. It's a hellova good ride if you don't get off center, those frozen benches can be a real bummer at about 35mph.

Back