Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Grading the Panther Game

maddogmrb

Rookie
Houston, we have a football team!

WR - Grade=B+. AJ appears to be in his prime and Jacoby made a catch or 2, as did Walters. We must get more production out of our #2 & #3 receivers and without AJ this week, the time is NOW.

TE - Grade=B+. Very good game.

Oline - Grade=B+. I just didn't think I would be giving this group this high a grade. No sacks was great but, run blocking still needs to improve.

QB - Grade = A. Schaub is settling in quicker and better than I thought he would.

RB - Grade=B-. Green looks good. Wish they would play Gado more and hand off to Leach at least a few times. Still nobody looks like a legit 100 yard/game back.

DLine - Grade=B+. Good game overall. Last week I said that Amobi wasn't ready to start in this league and this week I'm eating my words and happy about it.

MLB - Grade=B+. Demeco came to play and had a good game.

OLB - Grade=B. Wow, I sure didn't think I would give this high a grade to this group but, here it is.

CB - Grade=B. Okay, after the Buffalo game last year, why in hades would we put Faggins on any team's best receiver? Thankfully, adjustments were made and Dunta pretty much shut down Steve Smith after that.

S - Grade=C+. Improving.

ST - Grade=B+. Improving

Coaching - Grade=B. See CB above.

An excellent road win against a team that looked very good in their 1st game. I am impressed!

Of course, the Colts are always tuff and we won't have AJ this week. EVERYBODY will need to step up if we are to have a chance .......... especially the WR's, the running game, and our secondary.

Now my prediction for the season is a solid 9-7 with 10-6 possible.

Okay that's my take on it, what's yours?

A little late, but nice assessment. I think the main thing is that the Texans didn't fold up in the first quarter. The Panther's may have been this year's Washington Redskins - a team that is early projected to do well, but just can't get everything going. I don't know. But I'm glad the Texans did not give up. I hope they don't do the same on Sunday against the Colts.

Nice assessment. I felt the run blocking was better than you have it, but Dayne is simply too fat and slow to get thru the holes in a timely fashion. Green would have had 100 yards had he played the whole game.

I see that Dayne is questionable for the Colts. I would like to see Gado get a chance if he can't go, although I will say that Dayne may match up with the Colts as good or better than anyone.

Nice assessment. I felt the run blocking was better than you have it, but Dayne is simply too fat and slow to get thru the holes in a timely fashion. Green would have had 100 yards had he played the whole game.

I see that Dayne is questionable for the Colts. I would like to see Gado get a chance if he can't go, although I will say that Dayne may match up with the Colts as good or better than anyone.

Personally I want to see 30 touches from Green on Sunday. With Dayne bruised and AJ out it is time for Green to write his first chapter of this season's Texans' story.

Personally I want to see 30 touches from Green on Sunday. With Dayne bruised and AJ out it is time for Green to write his first chapter of this season's Texans' story.

Sure, but we do have to be careful with Green. There are 16 games in this season, so let's be assured we have him at full strength for each one. Also, he is slightly dinged going into the game. 25 touches might be a better benchmark, including any catches out of the backfield. I also think they will spell him with Dayne/Gado throughout the game to keep him as fresh as possible.

Sure, but we do have to be careful with Green. There are 16 games in this season, so let's be assured we have him at full strength for each one. Also, he is slightly dinged going into the game. 25 touches might be a better benchmark, including any catches out of the backfield. I also think they will spell him with Dayne/Gado throughout the game to keep him as fresh as possible.

Of course we need to be careful, and have, with him getting 20 and 15 touches the last two games respectively. But I fully expect us to be watching smash mouth type football against a finesse defensive team this coming Sunday. Green in my opinion was signed to carry the load for this type of game. He may only have about 10 games of this magnitude left in his tank, but if we can stretch that out over 2 years we wil have gotten our return on investment in my opinion.

Houston, we have a football team!

Now my prediction for the season is a solid 9-7 with 10-6 possible.

Okay that's my take on it, what's yours?

I'm going up on my win prediction from 8 to 10.
Just saw Steve Smith on inside the NFL on HBO in pregame telling his team Texans were like a high school team. They should crush us.
He was wrong.

Texans to beat the Colts on Steel Blue Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little late, but nice assessment. I think the main thing is that the Texans didn't fold up in the first quarter. The Panther's may have been this year's Washington Redskins - a team that is early projected to do well, but just can't get everything going. I don't know. But I'm glad the Texans did not give up. I hope they don't do the same on Sunday against the Colts.

Yeah, it's a little late. I've been traveling since last Friday and I stopped in Tucson to watch the game at a bar with no sound. Just been really busy on this trip. Will try not to let you down next week!!! :texflag:

Of course we need to be careful, and have, with him getting 20 and 15 touches the last two games respectively. But I fully expect us to be watching smash mouth type football against a finesse defensive team this coming Sunday. Green in my opinion was signed to carry the load for this type of game. He may only have about 10 games of this magnitude left in his tank, but if we can stretch that out over 2 years we wil have gotten our return on investment in my opinion.

Green is one half of the recipe for success this weekend. Your banner shows the other half. That d-line (especially Mario) really needs to bring their horns.

Back