Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gary Kubiak: Sunday Paper

How many on this thread who were busy bashing Kubiak just a short time ago are now fawning over his demonstrative spirit of goodwill and gratitude immediately after he was being fired by the owner, the citys media, and the teams fans ?

Me

I think he's a fine man. Who was in over his head. There are people in the business world who are great people and guess what if they underperform/incapable of doing their jobs they get fired. Just like Gary did, except they dont get a pass for as long as Gary did.

With that said, is it wrong to wish a great person happiness in his future even though the right thing was finally done?

I think now is a good time for Kubiak to go on a long hunting trip followed by a long fishing trip followed by a long golf trip. By all accounts, he kept himself in good health so that stroke must have been stress-related.

He needs to ask himself if it was really worth it. He could have taken the rest of the year off and been able to keep his job and nobody would have faulted him for it.

He needs to think about whether he would rather be a head coach or a coordinator. Not many guys can do both. Sean Payton is the only current HC that comes to mind that won a Super Bowl while calling the offense. Maybe Mike Shanahan, but I don't think we'll ever know about him. He was so focused on that playcard that he didn't see the big picture.

He also needs to recognize when it's time to cut bait on a player, a coach, or a process that isn't getting it done. All this is pretty much common knowledge for anyone who knows management, so I guess the NFL isn't that much different from the real world.

I wish him the best and hope he does right by himself and his family going forward.

And thank the lord for that. Let him drag Schaub, Marciano, and Smith to another franchise and put them above the team. Sorry, but I don't consider that to be "classy" nor do I care about having a classy head coach. You fans that want a nice guy over a winner can save your lectures because many of you have failed to understand that the NFL is a business and Kubiak didn't take his job seriously nor did he respect the entire team by allowing people to keep their jobs all because they were his buddies. In most businesses people call that unprofessional. Many of us have had to listen to you sunshiners make to irrational excuses and spin efforts for Kubiak for 8 years that were mind boggling. You sunshiners have spewed venom at fans who wanted accountability for years now. The chickens have come home to roost.

How many on this thread who were busy bashing Kubiak just a short time ago are now fawning over his demonstrative spirit of goodwill and gratitude immediately after he was being fired by the owner, the citys media, and the teams fans ?

Thank you! The majority of this thread and the other thread are complete hypocrites. Lol! Look at the insults all season long towards Kubiak and even go back to a few years ago when they went 6-10 and he was supposed to be fired. So many fickle fans that have no idea what they want in a HC until after each game is over and then they're either praising the guy or bashing the guy the next week once they have some hind sight. Just read the game day threads.

Ben Tate was dead on when he talked about how wishy washy and fickle Houston fans in this city are. He was just foolish in the context of how he described it. Not everyone of course, but the examples have been all over this board and talk radio for years. I get bashed and criticized for having a decisive and outspoken opinion which is fine and I'll take it, but I've stayed consistent unlike the majority that can't ever make up their mind. It really exposes how much people don't understand about what they think a leader is supposed to be. I'll give Kubiak the respect of leaving gracefully, but hell what choice did he have? He took a team that was a SB contending team and ran it straight into the ground and refused to ever let go of Schaub no matter the circumstances. Man, I could pull threads all season and point out all types of examples of flip flopping stances that took place literally every week. The finger pointing here is comical. Rep is spread big time.

So you know the guy personally? You went to college with him or something? Spare me with this. Lol! That is the same crap people always say about famous celebs until they hear about them cheating or some other scandal they don't like. The fact is all you know about Kubiak is what you see and hear through the media. For years people enshrined Tiger Woods as the greatest man to walk this planet until they found out how many women he had stashed away and once again the hypocrisy showed it's ugly head when people found out that Tiger wasn't who they "assumed" he was simply because he could drive the ball 400 yards and spoke in a nice soft tone. Kubiak probably is what you describe I'd guess, but that has nothing to do with his job performance, and I haven't seen one thread that was centered around Kubiak's personality outside of football so it's really a moot point.

vf9gnl.jpg

Nice guy, sweet note. What's with putting a giant picture of himself in the ad, let alone one where he's holding that damn Waffle House menu?

Is he trolling us?

Yeah, Capers gets bashed here all of the time and he never got the 8 years that Kubiak got and hell he had to work with Carr and no O line. Capers wasn't given 3 DC's and anywhere near the slack that Kubiak had, but yet people have no problem poking fun at Capers. :chicken dance:

I haven't seen anyone wish Gary any ill will. I've stated that I don't think he should get another job in the NFL, because he doesn't deserve one. That isn't wishing him ill will. That is being fair as far as what I think he has earned or hasn't.

Agree that he doesn't deserve another HC job. And I don't think he'll get one. His offense has been exposed as stale, dated and tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think he lost the team. I think losing teams get frustrated. There is a difference.

I kind of see it the other way around. I don't think he's had the team for a long time. Not in the sense that they would do anything he asked them to do. It's always been a team where everyone said they had his back and nobody ever showed up when it counted. Nobody on this team has ever been ready to run through a brick wall for Gary. I think he was loved by his players and I think almost to a man they cared about him but they never showed up in the big games. They didn't rally around him at any time in his tenure here. He was their friend, not their leader. I sometimes wonder if it is something about the franchise itself that causes this because the only time anyone ever rallied for Capers was on opening night. Between the two of them that makes 12 years of teams that never could seem to jell and become more than just the sum of their parts. 12 years of teams that never really could convince anyone that they were on a mission.

Gary is a fine person. I think most of us like him even from a distance knowing very little about the man personally. He should by all rights be respected and be the leader we needed. He just wasn't. I think if we could figure out exactly why that didn't happen (and how to make it happen on demand) we'd be rich men in this world.

I think part of the reason gave him so much leash was that Kubiak was a nice guy. It's hard to separate personal feelings sometimes (see Cal McNair and Rick Smith)

I wish Kubiak the best. I was a supporter all the way through the middle of this season, but it became harder to support him when we our offense regressed so much relative to what it was at the beginning of last season. I'm not sure what all happened, but I think it was time to move on.

Gary Kubiak is a class act, I know this may be merged but I thought it was worth having a separate thread. There are so many examples of people that have no class in today's society that this is a shining example that deserved a little attention IMHO.

Thanks again Gary for being a man and setting examples of how to handle yourself with adversity comes your way.

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455165_10201607775450227_1876960242_n.jpg

1455165_10201607775450227_1876960242_n.jpg

Hey my friend, I am a fan of Kubes, but it was/is time to move on.... I wish McNair would've done it after the 6th loss in a row, but whatever...

Good Luck to Gary and I have no doubts he'll land on his feet...

He is "good people" which includes a relative or two that are prominent members of this board. I'm looking at you ***!!!

PS, *** knows who he is!

Agree to disagree my friend. :)

I know you're not being serious by saying you would give him access to your bank account and you are trying to make a point, but we don't "truly" know who anyone is just because of the perception they give in front of the camera. My guess would be that Kubiak is probably a very nice guy outside of his job. I would agree with the speculation, but speculation is all that really is. It's a moot point at the end of the day though. This is a Texans board that is centered around the team, not the personal life of Gary Kubiak. I make no apologies about the fact that I wanted Gary tossed out of here as fast as possible, because his coaching decisions deserved for him to be treated that way. When people come in here on their high horse and act it's some sort of lack of class to want that when they were just insulting the guy and calling him all kinds of names and wanting him fired just a week ago, it's extremely hypocritical. Especially from the ones that have said that many times in the past, then called him some offensive genius, but then turned around and called him horrible names again and again and repeat that same cycle. I understand your point though.

Man, you are so completely FOS. No one's up on their high horse. Most of us in this thread wanted him fired. Go read through the All Encompassing Fire Kubiak thread. I've wanted him gone since 2009. But the worst thing I've said about him is he sucks at being a head coach. I never took it to a personal level. When the man goes out of his way to thank Houstonians, I feel like it's probably a classy thing to do. And the classy response is to say "Good luck in the future". Of course we're all glad he's no longer the head coach, but that doesn't mean we have to be jackasses about it or say "don't let the door hit you on the way out". That's just classless behavior. Are you from New York or something?

Geez, it's like some of you have no fkn upbringing.

Three games left. I wish Bob McNair had the courtesy to just allow him to finish the season. It would have showed some real class on McNair's part to wait until the day after the season. If he wanted to fire somebody so quickly then he should have axed Rick Smith, the main problem, first and foremost.

Bob McNair already showed enough courtesy, class, and patience by allowing the man to escape the ax back in 2010.. Bob firing Kubiak before the season's end doesn't have crap to do with Bob's "level of class" and I'm tired of people acting like it does. Bob bent over backwards (and then some) for Kubiak and gave him a hell of a lot more than any other owner would. He allowed a newb head coach the time to learn on the job and when Kubiak exhausted that time and failed..McNair gave him more time and another chance when no one else would (including most here on this board and most in this city).. that's class from a extremely patient man (to a fault). He allowed his newb head coach multiple redos on multiple mistakes that would've gotten any other coach canned years ago.. That's class, and a example of extreme patience. He allowed Kubiak more organizational control than any other owner would ever give any other newb unproven head coach.

Kubiak is a stand up guy no doubt.. a hell of a human being and a man, but let's not act like he didn't have every opportunity afforded to him or have at his disposal. The man hand picked multiple staffs and even got to hand pick his G.M. Coaches everywhere would die to have that type of control or work for a owner willing to be as patient as McNair..

Despite this he failed and lost his team in the end.. it happens. Nice guys get fired every day. It doesn't mean they are bad people, they just didn't get the job done and in the end, this is a business. Just wish him well and move on, but McNair's decision to move on now doesn't mean he's short in class.. it was just time. What would've been cruel and what would've showed a lack of class is to just string Kubiak along and allow him to continue to kick at the end of the rope for 3 more weeks, a rope that McNair already overextended him.

Everybody already knew he was gone weeks ago... including Gary Kubiak and his family. I'm sure boxes at his house were already packed. How man times during early camp cuts have we heard Kubiak say.. "well, we went ahead and cut player x" to allow him to have a chance to catch on else where, because he's a quality guy".. and then we just accepted it as class or the right thing to do? Well Tit for Tat.. it's class. Kubiak now has a leg up over a lot of other people and a head start to land another job elsewhere. McNair did him a favor.

Get well coach, sad things didn't work out, but take care of your health, and I'm sure you'll land on your feet somewhere. Next time, whenever you do get another chance.. just don't be so damn loyal, because ultimately that was your undoing.

Last edited:
Hey my friend, I am a fan of Kubes, but it was/is time to move on.... I wish McNair would've done it after the 6th loss in a row, but whatever...

He is "good people" which includes a relative or two that are prominent members of this board. I'm looking at you ***!!!

PS, *** knows who he is!

Ah that explains a lot. Either way I'm with you on Kubiak. It sucks that a decent loses his job but I'm sure Kubiak will continue to do well on life.

Man, you are so completely FOS. No one's up on their high horse. Most of us in this thread wanted him fired. Go read through the All Encompassing Fire Kubiak thread. I've wanted him gone since 2009. But the worst thing I've said about him is he sucks at being a head coach. I never took it to a personal level. When the man goes out of his way to thank Houstonians, I feel like it's probably a classy thing to do. And the classy response is to say "Good luck in the future". Of course we're all glad he's no longer the head coach, but that doesn't mean we have to be jackasses about it or say "don't let the door hit you on the way out". That's just classless behavior. Are you from New York or something?

This.

:clap:

great post

It seems like the problem here is people can't separate Kubiak the person, from Kubiak the coach... Same problem people had with Carr to some extent. He is a great man of principle and a great family man

Kubiak is a hell of a human being and if NFL wins were handed out on character or principal, we'd have a dynasty here.

Kubiak is a winner in life.. he's raised a great family, great kids, always shows respect, and is one of the most loyal people you'll ever meet (which can hurt you in the NFL), and stands for a lot that is good. I'll never forget the work he did with wounded warriors.. before people even knew about that cause. He was there from the get go. He's a hell of a guy.. that's NOT who McNair fired Friday morning. That's the guy that McNair gave chance after chance to.

However Kubiak the "coach", the person McNair fired.. was a losing/mediocre head coach.. and in this business ultimately that's what you're judged by. Kubiak tried his all, he just failed. It happens. Good people fail all the time.. it doesn't mean they are bad people or they can't improve. There are only 32 jobs in the world that allowed Kubiak to do what he does so in many ways he already exceeded.. There just may be somebody out there who can do a better job for the Texans right now. My only beef is the people acting like McNair pulling the trigger now is some how proof that he lacks class.. that couldn't be further from the truth. McNair gave his all and then some to the cause that was "Gary Kubiak being a successful head coach.

Last edited:
Man, you are so completely FOS. No one's up on their high horse.

You are all over your high horse. I never said anything about him personally or wished him any ill will. You obviously have no clue what that even means. Either that or you have a hard time reading what people actually write. I don't have to wish him luck or want him to get another job in the NFL, because he doesn't deserve one which I have outlined several reasons for. I have my opinions and you are entitled to yours.

Most of us in this thread wanted him fired. Go read through the All Encompassing Fire Kubiak thread. I've wanted him gone since 2009. But the worst thing I've said about him is he sucks at being a head coach. I never took it to a personal level.

Neither did I. My criticisms have been soley on him as a coach and how he handled this team. I haven't ever even spoken about him as a man or a person outside of football and all of you who keep acting like you know him personally really don't. It's just a ton of speculation.

What I do know though is that a ton of people in this thread have bashed him relentlessly all season long and said a lot of horrible things and now all of a sudden you want to criticize me for not showing class? Sorry, but that's hypocritical. People bash the guy all season and then want to act like they appreciated him??

When the man goes out of his way to thank Houstonians, I feel like it's probably a classy thing to do. And the classy response is to say "Good luck in the future".

I don't owe Kubiak squat as a fan to give him some sort of "class" as you put it. He didn't owe me class either. He did owe the fans and the organization a genuine attempt to win this season and to see what we had for next season after he screwed the team by keeping Schaub out there for the "pick 6" record to be broken. He then continued to play Schaub until he couldn't when he was hurt. He brought him back twice after that, and refused to let go of Marciano. That is just this season where he pulled that kind of thing that hurt the team. His actions tell me that he wasn't fully committed to winning as a Head coach who is paid Millions of dollars a year for a top 10 sports franchise. You better believe I'll hold his actions accountable as a fan of this team when he has that type of position and is expected to put the team above his personal relationships. This is a coach that was still pulling this stuff in year 8 of his tenure. Hell, tons of fans were forced to root for the team to lose just to get him out of here because the man simply wouldn't let go of his love for certain players and coaches that caused a total collapse of this franchise. THAT is putting your friendships above your job and the rest of the team.

Of course we're all glad he's no longer the head coach, but that doesn't mean we have to be jackasses about it or say "don't let the door hit you on the way out". That's just classless behavior. Are you from New York or something?

Go **** yourself Eriodic.

Thank you! The majority of this thread and the other thread are complete hypocrites. Lol! Look at the insults all season long towards Kubiak and even go back to a few years ago when they went 6-10 and he was supposed to be fired. So many fickle fans that have no idea what they want in a HC until after each game is over and then they're either praising the guy or bashing the guy the next week once they have some hind sight. Just read the game day threads.

Ben Tate was dead on when he talked about how wishy washy and fickle Houston fans in this city are. He was just foolish in the context of how he described it. Not everyone of course, but the examples have been all over this board and talk radio for years. I get bashed and criticized for having a decisive and outspoken opinion which is fine and I'll take it, but I've stayed consistent unlike the majority that can't ever make up their mind. It really exposes how much people don't understand about what they think a leader is supposed to be. I'll give Kubiak the respect of leaving gracefully, but hell what choice did he have? He took a team that was a SB contending team and ran it straight into the ground and refused to ever let go of Schaub no matter the circumstances. Man, I could pull threads all season and point out all types of examples of flip flopping stances that took place literally every week. The finger pointing here is comical. Rep is spread big time.

WTF, man I don't even know what to say, of course I've wanted Kubiak fired, but he has always been a class act in every action that I've ever seen. Kubiak wasn't the coach I would have hoped, but that doesn't mean I'm going to **** all over his decision to post something in the paper, that he didn't have to do.

So yes many of us don't always end up with the choice we had hoped for, but it's how you act at that moment that defines the person you are. Gary walked away, didn't trash the team or management, and took a full page add thanking the city for his time here.

No, see that's the thing about class and grace. It doesn't have to be owed to display it.

Thanks for proving my point.

Lol! You fly in here with insults and you talk about class? You get what you give and you certainly don't have any yourself. Actually you proved my initial point about the hypocritical nature of some of you on this board who flip flop every other week. I'm sure if Gary Kubiak heard just a small dose of what you guys have said about him in game day threads and he wouldn't want "your version" of class at all.

WTF, man I don't even know what to say, of course I've wanted Kubiak fired, but he has always been a class act in every action that I've ever seen. Kubiak wasn't the coach I would have hoped, but that doesn't mean I'm going to **** all over his decision to post something in the paper, that he didn't have to do.

So yes many of us don't always end up with the choice we had hoped for, but it's how you act at that moment that defines the person you are. Gary walked away, didn't trash the team or management, and took a full page add thanking the city for his time here.

Show me where I ever **** on his decision to put that little post in the paper? You can look all over this thread and I never criticized it once. Gary is going to be just fine. He's made a ton of money in his career, and he should probably focus on his health for a substantial amount of time.

PS, *** knows who he is!

dale murphy and TK :spy::laughjump:

I really wanted things to work out with Kubiak but this season, like the 2010 season, went really wrong and this time, it was time to part ways. He was overly-loyal to some people and he never trusted rookies.

I expect him to go somewhere else and be successful. I think he's a good guy but personally, I don't care if my coach is a good guy or not.

I just hope McNair finds someone who's able to put together a better team than Kubiak was. It's not just about finding a guy who's a good coach but finding the right guy for THIS situation. I think that's going to be a lot harder than some of you seem to and I think there's a very, very good chance that McNair and Smith choose the absolutely wrong guy and set us back several years. I'm actually expecting it.

And thank the lord for that. Let him drag Schaub, Marciano, and Smith to another franchise and put them above the team. Sorry, but I don't consider that to be "classy" nor do I care about having a classy head coach. You fans that want a nice guy over a winner can save your lectures because many of you have failed to understand that the NFL is a business and Kubiak didn't take his job seriously nor did he respect the entire team by allowing people to keep their jobs all because they were his buddies. In most businesses people call that unprofessional. Many of us have had to listen to you sunshiners make to irrational excuses and spin efforts for Kubiak for 8 years that were mind boggling. You sunshiners have spewed venom at fans who wanted accountability for years now. The chickens have come home to roost.

Nobody cares what you want as a coach. You are another internet warrior who fights imaginary battles that amount to a sum total of nothing. Stack your accomplishments up to the worst NFL coach and I bet you haven't done much to warrant all of these pissy lectures on accountability.

that's quite a feat, 11 years and tex is only the 2nd member to make the ignore list. the first was a titans troll that took too long to get kicked lol.

I still say there is nothing positive to gain from firing a head coach with three games left to play in the season. All that will happen is Wade Phillips will look like a fool after the Colts, Broncos and Titans spank us. I don't even expect a one score loss like we've had the last seven games. All of which were very competitive games. We could have fired Kubiak the day after the season ended. It's not like the Texans are going to find their replacement head coach until the season is over anyways.

after seeing the results, i can see it in a way. kubiak was out, we all knew that. it's disappointing that he didnt get to finish the season, especially as at least a thank you for the hard work, but mcnair's right in that we have to do what's best for the organization - and right now that's getting a head start on the search for the next coach. with teams like washington and tennessee and many others who will be on the hunt as well, it makes sense to get the jump. two of our main targets are currently available, lovie and shaw, if we can come to an agreement with the guy we want before other teams it could be very important (unless i'm misunderstanding how and when the interviews work).

Kubiak is a winner in life.. he's raised a great family, great kids, always shows respect, and is one of the most loyal people you'll ever meet (which can hurt you in the NFL), and stands for a lot that is good. I'll never forget the work he did with wounded warriors.. before people even knew about that cause. He was there from the get go. He's a hell of a guy.. that's NOT who McNair fired Friday morning. That's the guy that McNair gave chance after chance to.

Good post.

And turned the other way, fans who cannot separate their ego from entertainment are losers at life.

Great guy, no doubt!

Gary might've had his share of shortcomings as a HC, but his team played hard for him all the way to the end. Unlike his mentor, where the Skins opened a big ass can of quit yesterday.

I've said it before, but he'll quickly land on his feet and be back at the grind in some fashion next season.

:tiphat:

I still say there is nothing positive to gain from firing a head coach with three games left to play in the season. All that will happen is Wade Phillips will look like a fool after the Colts, Broncos and Titans spank us. I don't even expect a one score loss like we've had the last seven games. All of which were very competitive games. We could have fired Kubiak the day after the season ended. It's not like the Texans are going to find their replacement head coach until the season is over anyways.

Which will make it easier to more or less ignore his interview for the job. I don't think Bob wants Wade Phillips to be his next HC. Many would not think Bob capable of that kind of move but he did do pretty well in the business world over the years. I'm sure he's sent a popular but unwanted employee to fall on his sword before.

I really wanted things to work out with Kubiak but this season, like the 2010 season, went really wrong and this time, it was time to part ways. He was overly-loyal to some people and he never trusted rookies.

I expect him to go somewhere else and be successful. I think he's a good guy but personally, I don't care if my coach is a good guy or not.

I just hope McNair finds someone who's able to put together a better team than Kubiak was. It's not just about finding a guy who's a good coach but finding the right guy for THIS situation. I think that's going to be a lot harder than some of you seem to and I think there's a very, very good chance that McNair and Smith choose the absolutely wrong guy and set us back several years. I'm actually expecting it.

Great post

My thoughts exactly

that's quite a feat, 11 years and tex is only the 2nd member to make the ignore list. the first was a titans troll that took too long to get kicked lol.

And you had to make an announcement about it. Lol! Get back in your high horse and stroll on then.

Kubiak just playing the PR game for his next gig.

Newspaper post or not, he didn't have to to play a PR game to get another gig.. he'll get another gig (there will be plenty of coordinator jobs out there). It just won't be another HCing job, because he's not a HC. We hired Wade and tried to fly with two top coordinators, which didn't work... hopefully we finally find a true HC (something this team has never had) that can bring along two strong coordinators that work underneath him. That's what this team needs and is the only thing that will get them over the top.

Kubiak just playing the PR game for his next gig.

You really think that's what his post was about, are we really that cynical that we can't believe he really was vested in trying to get the Texans where we all wanted them to be?

Newspaper post or not, he didn't have to to play a PR game to get another gig.. he'll get another gig (there will be plenty of coordinator jobs out there). It just won't be another HCing job, because he's not a HC.

This gets said by fans of every team in the league who don't have a retread coach, is commonly said about failing retreads and it was said about the retreads in their previous gigs. Basically it is said every time a coach is fired.

It's fanism not reality.

I can think of one potential positive. Seems like I recall weeks ago, McNair came out of a minority owners meeting, with a consensus feedback that Gary Must GO. Since then, I've seen nothing to suggest any probable change in that mantra. So, and this is speculation, maybe McNair wasn't too quick to pull the trigger weeks ago, hoping a few more weeks could make a difference. With what has been seen in those weeks since, I'd be guessing the minority owners interest's were a consideration after the Jags game, that finally outweighed Bob's loyalty to Kubiak. At some point, Bob has to protect his financial interests. So potentially, this saves some financial backing to the organization?

This gets said by fans of every team in the league who don't have a retread coach, is commonly said about failing retreads and it was said about the retreads in their previous gigs. Basically it is said every time a coach is fired.

It's fanism not reality.

Sounds like an opinion to me.

All head coaches are not equal. Just because Lovie smith might get another HC job doesn't mean Mike munchak will.

I will always appreciate Kubiak for taking this franchise to another level, regardless of how long it took or how it ended.

He took over an expansion franchise that never had a winning record, and left it with two division titles and two playoff wins. It's not Hall of Fame stuff, but it is 1000 times better than going two decades without a winning record (like the Saints).

All the other aspects is just water under the bridge now. Kubiak is gone. Time to lick our wounds and move forward.

I'm cool with his farewell. Head coaches rarely hold press conferences after they are fired for obvious reasons. So this is his way of showing gratitude to everyone and having some closure to the situation. Time for him to lick his wounds and move forward, as well.

It's fanism not reality.

Name the teams.

Kubiak is just like his DC.. a coordinator for hire, and he will be hired as long as he still wants to work. He just will never be given another head coaching job.

That's not "fansim" that's reality. If Kubiak wants to coach again, he'll land another coordinator position. He just crapped the bed when it came to the head coaching gig.

Name the teams.

Kubiak is just like his DC.. a coordinator for hire, and he will be hired as long as he still wants to work. He just will never be given another head coaching job.

That's not "fansim" that's reality. If Kubiak wants to coach again, he'll land another coordinator position. He just crapped the bed when it came to the head coaching gig.

Well every includes all of them now doesn't it? Look at an NFL HC being fired and fans are saying either he isn't an NFL HC because he came from college or he is just a coordinator. See Belichick & Carroll.

Bringing up Wade proves the point on the fallacy of your "he will never be given another head coaching job." He got three shots at it and after the 2012 season folks were talking about him getting a fourth. Norv Turner three chances. Schottenheimer four chances.

I would not be surprised at all if/when Kubiak gets another head coaching gig.

While it took some time to build a 2-14 team to a playoff team, he still did it. He inherited a crap team with absolutely zero experience at winning seasons. And he left it with two division titles.

Perception is what matters, and the fact is that Kubiak is relatively young for coaches and has championship pedigree in his history could definitely be something that gives him another shot.

I would not be surprised at all if/when Kubiak gets another head coaching gig.

While it took some time to build a 2-14 team to a playoff team, he still did it. He inherited a crap team with absolutely zero experience at winning seasons. And he left it with two division titles.

Perception is what matters, and the fact is that Kubiak is relatively young for coaches and has championship pedigree in his history could definitely be something that gives him another shot.

Titans will fire Munchak, we'll hire him and the Titans will hire Kubiak. It'll serve us both right. LOL

Back