Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday: Vikings at Texans

burntheends said:
what a horrible freaking day for texas sports...should a hang myself now or after the astros blow game 5?

Guess I shouldn't mention the UT/OU game either, huh? :rofl:

Hey...we didn't do bad at all in the 2nd half...so keep the rope. You'll need it for when they want to round up all the coaches a few games from now.

WildCat_Texan said:
Hell of a fight...nothing to be ashamed of.
I totally agree. Our defense was pretty darn good today. Great passing by Carr. This isn't a game that somebody can use as arsenal to make fun of the Texans by any means.

SmoochyTX said:
I totally agree. Our defense was pretty darn good today. Great passing by Carr. This isn't a game that somebody can use as arsenal to make fun of the Texans by any means.

yea but im tired of losing.

Vinny, who was responsible for the last TD? I saw Sharper chasing him, but I wouldn't think that we would have a LB on a WR.

Trogdor014 said:
Vinny, who was responsible for the last TD? I saw Sharper chasing him, but I wouldn't think that we would have a LB on a WR.
What amazed me on that play is we had NOBODY over the top. NOBODY. I find it hard to believe that we didn't have a S over the top, but when I look at the dropped ball a couple of plays earlier we didn't have anyone over the top then either. I guess Capers figured the Vikings would settle for field goals only and wouldn't take shots at the end zone in OT. I guess some teams play to win.

What difference does it make? NONE!! If you lose looking great in overtime or lose looking pathetic, it makes no difference..you still lose!

I love how CBS post game show over here said absolutely NOTHING about Carr, who had the 2nd best stats for the day behind Culpepper. Don't get me wrong, Culpepper is a great QB, but this has to be Carr's best game ever.

And they showed a few clips of some of AJ's awesome catches, but didn't really comment on him having the most receiving yards for the day so far.

What happened to DD? Did MIN just shut him down or did Capers pull him out? I don't understand... (remember I watched mostly stats today, didn't get to see the game).

That sucks about Fox cutting the game off back home... you think people that work for a broadcasting company have half a brain...

In the words of the late Rodney Dangerfield... "We get no respect!" :dontknowa

Oilers/Texans said:
What difference does it make? NONE!! If you lose looking great in overtime or lose looking pathetic, it makes no difference..you still lose!

LOL. Stat wise, yes. I guess it's just a matter of personal pride...one thing to say you lost, but played well (even if it was in the 2nd half when someone woke up...lol) and another to say you lost cause you just played a crappy game.

Actually this has been the Capers philosophy all along with this new team from game one, year one; play the game on offense to stay close (didn't quite work for the first half), and then try for the win in the fourth quarter. DC played a vailiant game, but he just started too far back, although to give Dom his due, we did tie it up in the fourth quarter, and we held them in the first possession of O.T., we just couldn't finish it off.

I hope DC's sprained ankle is not too bad. We are really gonna need everybody for the Titan game.

I too noticed that DD is not the real answer at RB. Either Hollings, or Wells needs to really pick us up, or we are gonna have to draft, or get a real hoss in free agency. I like DD, he is just a tad small, and way too slow. But he'll give everything he's got on every play.

We had our chance in overtime. I'm sorry but i dont expect any defense to be able to stop the Vikings twice in overtime. Especially after stopping them so many times in the 4th qtr. They were not the number 1 offense in the NFL for no reason.

Stupid Fox went to a news report right at the critical 3rd down in the game to tell us what they just told us, that the Astros lost.

A loss still is a loss but they did finally wake up and I'm sure put a scare in the Vikings.

I think this team has got great heart. I do question some of their offensive game planning though.

I'm not trying to be a spoil sport because we lost, but did anyone else notice how horrible the officiating was in this game? Blow to the helmet by Steve Martin on DC, no call!. Fourth quarter Mewelde Moore takes a flats pass, Sharper gets a flagrant push in the back, no call! That was just two of the no calls. Terrible!

another call missed was... minnesota touchdown.. receiver pushes off of Glenn.. with point of emphasis this year, you'd think they would learn what offensive pass interference means.

While I think there are always calls that work for and against you I don't really think the officials had a bearing on this game's outcome.

The Vikings were just a little bit better and made plays. Hats off to the Texans though who play with heart and showed what they're made of. AJ is a monster.

I think that the Coaches had figured we would be a running team this year. With Davis and Hollings in the offseason they had want to be a ball control running team. We changed the offensive line just for this. Now our team is proving we are a down the field team with big plays, so now its up to the coach to adjust to the personel not force them into something they are not.

Carr is having a pro bowl caliber season so far.

Oilers/Texans said:

I saw my Falcons loose llooking pathetic and i would take this overtime loss everytime over that "production" of "QB" Vick and his companion OC Knapp. Carr played really great and impressed a lot of people and your offense only can get better with every game.

Ya especially with this team is perspective this isn't a team, that from the top is expecting to compete this year for a playoff spot, so in a loss, the positives are we took a good team and were able to hold them late in the game and were able to force overtime and had a shot to win it. There are alot of positves to take into the next week, like the continued emergence of david carr (no INTs for consecutive weeks) Andre johnson and Derrick Armstrong.

At this point we need to get armstrong on the field more, he has caught everything thrown at him. He is no Roy Williams, but he has AMAZING hands and knows how to get downfield he will be a great number 2 guy in a couple years if not by the end of the season by the way he is progressing. He is slowly showing Bradford the door.

Back