Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gameday Thread: Texans @ Raiders

Ok, maybe I should clarify. We are 1 game up on the rest of the division, but we have beaten Indy and they have lost 2 division games, so that in effect gives us a bigger lead than just the one game.

For tie-breaker purposes, you're exactly right. But at this point in the season, that's about all it means.

Haven't read the thread but anyone else notice how much our guys are slipping when we play in Oakland. Last time we played there it was a deluge so its understandable, did it recently rain out there? Is the field just a real piece of garbage? Can't stand seeing guys lose their footing throughout an entire game.

Week by week guyz got the G men up next lets not worry about anything else

Manning #2 in da house

Guess who is BACK !!!!!!!!!!!

Cushing.png

I'm BACK!

Haven't read the thread but anyone else notice how much our guys are slipping when we play in Oakland. Last time we played there it was a deluge so its understandable, did it recently rain out there? Is the field just a real piece of garbage? Can't stand seeing guys lose their footing throughout an entire game.

I think it's due to the new sod they put down for a football game. They play baseball there as well so some of the field is old sod and some is new. I noticed that all of the slipping that I saw took place on the new sod.

The turf is bad all the time.

Nice to hear the opposing coach say that the game was "lost on the line of scrimmage"/that they "got whipped" there.

I can definitely get used to that.

Glad we got the win, and i dont if it has been stated already, but i think the defensive plays zone way too much which leaves the middle wide open...hopefully Cushing will bring a stop to that....

We have a +6 point differential, we are tight rope walking here, trusting our VERY GOOD offense to cover for what has been a pretty terrible pass defense.

Other division leaders:

Baltimore 6 points
Redskins -6 points
Bears 1 point
Cardinals -60 points (that isn't a typo)

So including the Texans 5 of 8 division leaders are rope walking. PFT posted something today about how this is an historically close season.

Other division leaders:

Baltimore 6 points
Redskins -6 points
Bears 1 point

So including the Texans 5 of 8 division leaders are rope walking. PFT posted something today about how this is an historically close season.

Interesting stats Cak.

So much in the league comes down to a bounce of the ball in the end I guess.

Other division leaders:

Baltimore 6 points
Redskins -6 points
Bears 1 point

Yeah, this could be one of those years where 10-6 and 11-5 don't get you into the playoffs.

Yeah, this could be one of those years where 10-6 and 11-5 don't get you into the playoffs.

I'd say it indicates the opposite - there are 13 2-2 teams right now and no 4-0 teams. Nobody is running away with the deal right now. Looks more like there might be some 10-6 or 9-7 division winners.

I'd say it indicates the opposite - there are 13 2-2 teams right now and no 4-0 teams. Nobody is running away with the deal right now. Looks more like there might be some 10-6 or 9-7 division winners.

But isn't it true that if someone wins a weak division at 9-7, that's going to leave a bunch of 10-6 teams fighting for WC spots? Which means some of those 10-6 teams won't make it.

But isn't it true that if someone wins a weak division at 9-7, that's going to leave a bunch of 10-6 teams fighting for WC spots? Which means some of those 10-6 teams won't make it.

No.

A few years ago in the NFC, the Seahawks won their division at 9-7 and there were 2 8-8 wildcards that got in.

It all depends on how the wins are distributed. If there are fewer teams with 11+ victories and fewer teams with 5- losses, then the teams will obviously stack up in the 8-8 to 10-6 range.

Normally at this time of the season, there are still several undefeated teams. And the one undefeated team in the league right now is the Chiefs and no one really expects the Chiefs to continue undefeated for very much longer, especially with the Colts coming to town.

But there are still a lot of games to play. It's still not out of the realm of possibility that we'll end up with a bunch of teams getting hot and finishing in the 11+ range pushing the playoff goal into the 10-6 or 11-5 range.

Back