Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

GAME DAY: Packers at Texans

geka said:
Its not just palmer we have a defensive head coach he gives the OK to this **** we see on the field.

More than gives his ok..This is the head coaches idea controlling the actions of Palmer.

ArlingtonTexan said:
Got stop treating that guy like he is Homes or LT...Capers is stuck to his philosophy not to the players that he has
Well, when he opens his mouth and says he can rush for 2000 yards, I put higher expectations on him...

Fiddy said:
I know how to solve our offensive problems:

Welcome your 2005, first round pick, Ronnie Brown!!!
28_RonnieBrown4.jpg.JPG
Can I get a AMEN!!! I love his running style and he has the moves to make people miss!!! What a concept. What is it with our team and RB's that fall down at the thought of contact?

Fiddy said:
Well, when he opens his mouth and says he can rush for 2000 yards, I put higher expectations on him...

He is going have heck making 1,000 this year.

Reddevil63 said:
Can I get a AMEN!!! I love his running style and he has the moves to make people miss!!! What a concept. What is it with our team and RB's that fall down at the thought of contact?
Brown had one play against Alabama in the 4th quater saturday when he got 3 yards was hit, and then picked up another 4 with 3 guys on him...

I watched that game simply to scout two of our first round options in Cadillac and Ronnie B. While 'Bama played some great D early, I love what I saw out of both of them. Able to make something out of nothing which is what they are gonna have if one of them comes here.

Fiddy said:
Brown had one play against Alabama in the 4th quater saturday when he got 3 yards was hit, and then picked up another 4 with 3 guys on him...

Honestly, capers wants that style of back and offense, so this off season its is the responsibility of Casserly to get that big strong back instead of getting committee guy trying to play that role.

Ok fine, I'm not going to bed. It would be futile anyway. What I always hear is Capers talking about winning the turnover battle (we did tonight) and some such baloney about how when we run the ball "x" number of times we win somesuch percentage of the time. I believe it's 30 times though I am not certain about that.

Tonight I guess we were 3 of Davis' little 3 yard shots away from a win because we only had 27 rushing attempts. Maybe if we'd had three more of them for what? about 9 yards that would have been the difference.

4-6 and a three game losing streak. Denver was bad. Indy was worse but those teams were clearly better than we were. Those teams are positively going to be in the playoffs at the end of the year. This Packers team was right there in the Texans sights. They were down and then our offense flat out just stopped. The defense wore out and I can understand that when your offense gives you nothing but that doesn't explain what's happening with Palmers offense.

Sure we can talk about how Palmer doesn't call audibles and Palmer doesn't fail to execute and those are good points. But Palmer coaches these guys and right now these guys are playing football like a bunch of bums.

We are not to far from becoming a complete team. You can't expect too much from 3 year expansion teams. We have a huge upside if you really stop and think about it. :hmmm: Right?

jnhcarrfans said:
We are not to far from becoming a complete team. You can't expect too much from 3 year expansion teams. We have a huge upside if you really stop and think about it. :hmmm: Right?

Your right we do have a huge upside

as soon as the coaches are fired we can see it

the Texans played their best game since Jacksonville, the Packers are a playoff team as well give them some credit. And while your at it give the Texans some credit for playing inspired football. The defense played much better as a whole, both corners Dunta (nobody could have stopped that one touchdown) & Glenn came up big. McCree was solid & filled in nicely when Coleman got injured. The Big 3 tackles did not record a sack but had excellent pressure on Farve until the 4th quarter when they understandably wore down. My only gripe was that Babin & Peek where not sent after Farve enough (Babin could of had Farve once but over ran the play).

the blame for the offense clearly has to fall on David Carrs shoulders. The offensive line for the better part of the game did a nice job of protection, I liked when he rolled out, just wish he would have done it one more time. He is improving but still lacks composure in critical situations. Armstrong needs more touches & the TE position received one pass that was dropped. The running game seemed like it was more affective outside the tackles, never seen Wells or Hollings.

Overall I'd give the Defense a B+
Special teams B+ (missed one field goal)
Offense a C-

I watched that game and as a relatively new Texans fan, I was frustrated. When The Packers cut the lead to 3, the game was over. It seems like the D was kinda shellshocked the rest of the game, and the offense's playcalling was just dumb.

What I can't understand about the Texans is--why do they always go away from Johnson at the end of the game? Because he's covered? The fact is, Johnson is bigger, stronger, and faster than almost all of his defenders. I say throw him the ball and let him make plays. That's what Detroit did earlier this year with Roy Williams before his injury. He got the ball even in double coverages.

As a Panther fan since their beginnings 10 years ago, I well aware of Dom Capers' coaching. He only lasted 3 years in Carolina and was fired wrongly (in my opinion). Mr. McNair should do what he has to do to get Indy's or KC's offensive coordinator, IMO (or just the o-line coach). The Texans have such great capacity to open it up big time, they just don't. As far as Davis, I think he is an above average back--not in the leagues of Tomlinson, Green, Williams, James, or Alexander. I will say that he is having a better year than Portis, though.

Edge is supposedly ready to leave Indy, maybe fellow 'Cane Johnson can help out in talking him into coming here.

Lastly, I think the Texans need some 'hosses on the O-Line to make the holes that the backs in Denver and Kansas City give their backs. Maybe that's where the money should be spent and not on a new back. Then again, if we look at the Atlanta example, they kept the same defensive players but changed philosophies and the D is the main reason why that team is 8-2 now. With a line like Denver's, Davis could easily have 2,500 all-purpose yards a year.

beerlover said:
the blame for the offense clearly has to fall on David Carrs shoulders. The offensive line for the better part of the game did a nice job of protection, I liked when he rolled out, just wish he would have done it one more time. He is improving but still lacks composure in critical situations. Armstrong needs more touches & the TE position received one pass that was dropped. The running game seemed like it was more affective outside the tackles, never seen Wells or Hollings.

Overall I'd give the Defense a B+
Special teams B+ (missed one field goal)
Offense a C-
C'mon you can't blame carr for that lose. If so your the only one that feels that way. He has been one of the only bright spots this year. you got to remember that this is the texans 3rd year. there are alot of young players. Its a team that loses a game not 1 player. Right?

Defense was outstanding and made big plays. Carr spent too much time fixing his hair on National TV.

laketravis7 said:
Defense was outstanding and made big plays. Carr spent too much time fixing his hair on National TV.

don't be a hater. Believe me He would be alot better off in another city. Houston should've picked joey harrington instead.

I thought it was an entertaining game. I am not happy the Texans lost, but the opposition had Brett Favre at the helm. This is two weeks in a row that we have faced QB's with some real fire power. I can only hope that we are able to pull off a win against the Titans.

Back