Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 7 Thread: Texans @ Titans

i can understnad people not wanting to see the positives in this loss since it's so fresh, but most of our playmakers are extremely young. daniels gives everyone on our offense a boost since D's will have to cover him now. both sides of the ball looked like they are on track for kubiak's 2nd year.

It's comical to imagine people are even giving thought that VY had a good game.

Seven completions, yes seven completions. No arguments here that in the end the Titans won the game, but good grief, seven completions....

Last year Vince was a Junior in college and Carr was four years into the pros. Even with seven completions he ended up with 87 PR, 44 RR 2TD. 1 sack compared to a seasoned veterans 119 TY, 1 Int. 3 or 4 Sacks and 0 TDS. The work in progress had the better day.

boy can we spin stuff.. too bad you don't give Carr breaks when balls get tipped and int or linemen don't block..

really love the unbiased analysis... :ok:

Sage has 2 things carr doesn't: Confidence and a sense of responsibilty. David blames everyone but david.

that makes no sense..

basically it is if one hates a person....garbage stats, if not.. it is heroic..

BTW..defense is part of the game.. defense has to hold the fort..

today defense held so sage didn't have "Garbage stats"

Forget the stats, any unbiased viewer can watch Carr play then watch Rosenfels play, and see a difference. Maybe it's not Carr's fault that he's always panicked after 4 years of getting sacked, but who cares, the facts are, he can't get it done. It's not about being charitable, it's about winning.

I still contend that we have too many expansion year players who didn't learn to play to win, they just learned to play to be respectable. We now need guys who want to held accountable for winning.

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out..... we were coming back from behind, lost the game by 6. it is not garbage stats, unless the time & the point differential suggests we can't win.

If we score 3 touchdowns in the final qtr, and still lose the game by 2 TDs, it was garbage time, because we had no chance of winning the game.

No you are so wrong i can't even tell you. Carr got his wonderful 4th quarter stats agains the SECOND string because we were so far in the hold the other team pulled their starters.

No one pulled their starters in this games. Sage bought this team back and did it agains the FIRST string. So there is a HUGE difference

why don't you read up after the cowboys game.. david blamed himself

I thought this was a game within a game for this franchise . If Carr plays well it would take a lot of second guessing away from the Texans and Bob McNair .

Carr responded like Ralph Sampson did when Karl Malone said he was going to kick his ass ... peed on himself and disapeared .

why don't you read up after the cowboys game.. david blamed himself

You need to go read the last 4 years and listen to his interviews. It is never his fault and until this year it was also the management's opinion until today. Hail Kubiak for having guts to make the hard decisions.

They need to work on clock management. w/ a little under 5:00 to go they were a bit lax in moving the ball and getting a quick score. Meanwhile, titans get the ball back and manage the rest of the game for the win. Call me crazy, but towards the end this was a winnable game.

I just heard on the radio that Kubiak said he would start Carr next week. Guess we will beat that dead horse until it freezes over some place. If something doesn't work, change it! I am so tired of this prima dona and all the people that thinks he's the second coming. We give him another 5 years to develop?

Forget the stats, any unbiased viewer can watch Carr play then watch Rosenfels play, and see a difference. Maybe it's not Carr's fault that he's always panicked after 4 years of getting sacked, but who cares, the facts are, he can't get it done. It's not about being charitable, it's about winning.

I still contend that we have too many expansion year players who didn't learn to play to win, they just learned to play to be respectable. We now need guys who want to held accountable for winning.

Unfortunately, I think you may be right.

I didn't get to watch this game...just reading the posts probably a good game to miss although I have it on TIVO. Anyhow...gg Tack fans. Next time.

I am glad Wali looked good. I am still on the fence with Carr (not a hater/nor supporter), but he has looked better this year except for Dallas and this game.

Another week to look forward to the Texans coming to my state, New Jersey for round 1 @ the Meadowlands.

Praying we get some more wins and get the winning attitude and some swagger.

so i guess a mistake here and there by AJ negates all he has done for this team that is positive? i think you're just emotional right now, think rationally filo.
Emotional? Hardly.

Take off those Battle Red shades and see today for what it was. AJ did lead in receiving yds but if you indeed watched the game....

AJ dropped nearly AS MANY passes as he caught. A couple were David's fault but the rest were his. No excuses, he had a BAD game. Pure and simple.

I don't understand why some of you can't admit AJ did something bad. I hate to break it to ya.......

He's HUMAN. I hope you can handle the truth. :wild:

Yeah ok say what you will but we sucked today improving but still suck. How many penalties which shouldnt be happening as often as it does for our teaM or any team at a professional level 5 turnovers please give me an effin break. It was a pitiful display as much of our games have been this year oh and we only looked half decent because we played another sucky team. We suck FIRE DAVID CARR HE IS A RETARD.

Carr responded like Ralph Sampson did when Karl Malone said he was going to kick his ass ... peed on himself and disapeared .

Oh Gawd, another ex-UVA fan? Poor Ralph; he should have stuck with theology.

And here's another example of our brilliant :: koff :: team picks:

"Titans defensive tackle Robaire Smith, released by Houston before the season, blocked an extra point and had a sack."

It's hard to believe that the Texans are WORSE than they were in Season One. I am frankly sick of the "we need time to rebuild...." The PSL seatholders who sit around me were all saying last week that if we don't turn it around this year, a lot of seats will be for sale next year.

We've been there -- every home game, early in our seats and staying to the bitter end. We've bought the jerseys and hung the team flag outside our homes. But dang it, we are TIRED OF LOSING!

IMO, our #1 problem is the bonehead staffing picks. We turn down Reggie Bush in favor of Million-Dollar Mario. (Mario isn't bad -- he's just green.) We bring in Kubiak, a second-string starter coach who was probably "on sale". We release players who come back and kick our butts. And where the heck is Jamie Sharper?

Arrrgh I can't take much more.... :brickwall

The PSL seatholders who sit around me were all saying last week that if we don't turn it around this year, a lot of seats will be for sale next year.

I feel your pain, and the pain of the others around you...
on the other hand, this is my first year to have season tickets, and they're up in the $300/seat nose bleeds, so if any of your buddies want to sell their PSLs, shoot me a PM...
It will suck for them to go through the real bad times and give them up to me to see the team field a winner next season, but I'm willing if they are.

No you are so wrong i can't even tell you. Carr got his wonderful 4th quarter stats agains the SECOND string because we were so far in the hold the other team pulled their starters.

No one pulled their starters in this games. Sage bought this team back and did it agains the FIRST string. So there is a HUGE difference

I think basically we are saying the same thing, this wasn't garbage time. This was Sage stretching the field.

But there were no second stringers at the end of the Indy game...... those were starters Carr put those stats up on.

Emotional? Hardly.

Take off those Battle Red shades and see today for what it was. AJ did lead in receiving yds but if you indeed watched the game....

AJ dropped nearly AS MANY passes as he caught. A couple were David's fault but the rest were his. No excuses, he had a BAD game. Pure and simple.

I don't understand why some of you can't admit AJ did something bad. I hate to break it to ya.......

He's HUMAN. I hope you can handle the truth. :wild:

I wish someone would find the stats for us.... AJ dropped some balls today. So what....... it would have been nice for him to catch them, & we should expect him to catch them, but nobodies perfect.

Good QBs, ProBowl QBs, HOF QBs throw bad passes all the time. But you can't just look at those and say hey, what about this pass??

I'm watching SteveSmith, KeyshawnJohnson, Terrell Owens, TerryGlenn all droping passes.

I saw Jevon Walker drop a pass or two.... it happens. Doesn't mean the ProBowl Reciever isn't a ProBowl reciever.

I'm upset that AJ didn't catch those balls, but he caught several today, and made some plays today that made up for them.

Not enough to win the game, but enough to keep his status as a reciever you better cover. which makes him a badass.

I wish someone would find the stats for us.... AJ dropped some balls today. So what....... it would have been nice for him to catch them, & we should expect him to catch them, but nobodies perfect.

Good QBs, ProBowl QBs, HOF QBs throw bad passes all the time. But you can't just look at those and say hey, what about this pass??

I'm watching SteveSmith, KeyshawnJohnson, Terrell Owens, TerryGlenn all droping passes.

I saw Jevon Walker drop a pass or two.... it happens. Doesn't mean the ProBowl Reciever isn't a ProBowl reciever.

I'm upset that AJ didn't catch those balls, but he caught several today, and made some plays today that made up for them.

Not enough to win the game, but enough to keep his status as a reciever you better cover. which makes him a badass.

I agree 100%

I agree where is Jaime, oh thats right they let him go, his price was too high for McNair, plus he was already pushing the 10 year mark. I agree with you, we need sharper back, badly. Sage for President, or at least our starting QB. Was it me or did the O-line block better for Sage than DC?

Back