Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game 13...Break the Ponies...Denver Broncos!

Caught the Chiefs when Mahommes was struggling, the Colts suck this year, and the Patriots are watching Brady fade away. They're 10-2 based on nothing but mystique and even they look like they're starting to not believe they are "THE Patriots" anymore.

Come playoff time I wouldn't bet a penny on the Texans versus any of them, even the Colts if they somehow managed to stumble into the postseason.

Against genuinely good teams at full strength nothing has changed. Saints? Texans found a way to lose. Ravens? Wiped their asses with BoB's team. That's normal. That's business as usual until they prove otherwise.
at noon Sunday There are 16 other teams playing besides Houston. Perhaps you can follow one of those?

at noon Sunday There are 16 other teams playing besides Houston. Perhaps you can follow one of those?

It doesn't mean hes not a fan. It doesn't mean he isnt rooting for them. Just, it all looks like more of the same pill we've had for nearly 20 years. I live and die with this team every week but dont believe we'll see an AFC championship game or a sb either.

Would be nice since I'll be in attendance. Only other game I've been to this year was the 53 pointer against the Falcons.
More folks should be boycotting games. Make 'em feel it in the pocketbook and they'll bring in some effective management.

Yeah... but when those teams are healthy they destroy teams. They're favored in 80% of their games & you expect to see them in the AFCCG.

When we're healthy we're in a highly contested shootout with the Neverwonanything Bengals.

I'm hoping that is changing since we have a playmaker at QB.
I'm trying to remember exactly when we were healthy? Starting right tackle Howard is out as starting Pro bowler JJ Watt remains out. Hmm, when was the last game we had all 11 starters on D or O that start the game before let alone three games in row? Has it happened in 12 games so far? I too want to go farther than one game in the playoffs but I also am fair enough to look at what players we have getting us there each game. This team is not the same team that played Cincinnati. We need to be better and we seem to be getting better. I know what the Texans history is. I also know we could not beat the Colts or Patriots as history was against us so...how in world did it happen? Parrots best player has sore elbow and New England gets all sympathy from national guys..our best player misses over half the season and everybody's complaining because we might not win more than one playoff game.

It doesn't mean hes not a fan. It doesn't mean he isnt rooting for them. Just, it all looks like more of the same pill we've had for nearly 20 years. I live and die with this team every week but dont believe we'll see an AFC championship game or a sb either.
How can you or anyone say it's the same old pill? Just look at the roster changes! We beat the Colts and the Patriots back to back who expected that? I have complained about O'Brien, our offensive line, play calling, Etc. But this is not the same old pill we have swallowed. Some say the Colts were not the Colts but we did not have JJ Watt, a healthy starting Titus Howard, two starting cornerbacks and are two starting safeties. Take 6 starters off the Ravens and tell me what their record would be.

How can you or anyone say it's the same old pill? Just look at the roster changes! We beat the Colts and the Patriots back to back who expected that? I have complained about O'Brien, our offensive line, play calling, Etc. But this is not the same old pill we have swallowed. Some say the Colts were not the Colts but we did not have JJ Watt, a healthy starting Titus Howard, two starting cornerbacks and are two starting safeties. Take 6 starters off the Ravens and tell me what their record would be.

We lost to the Panthers. We lost to those same colts. I expected to lose to new Orleans but still felt good about this team after the loss. We lost to the ravens which I think most of us expected to lose. No shame in that. But I did expect them to be competitive. We werent.

I've seen glimpses of great play from this team. I AM optimistic about that. What I haven't seen is consistency. On any given day its feast or famine for this team.

Ultimately, until we do something special in the playoffs it is imo exactly what I said - the same pill. I'll believe it when I see it. We're close but not ready yet. That's doesn't mean I'm not rooting for them.

We lost to the Panthers. We lost to those same colts. I expected to lose to new Orleans but still felt good about this team after the loss. We lost to the ravens which I think most of us expected to lose. No shame in that. But I did expect them to be competitive. We werent.

I've seen glimpses of great play from this team. I AM optimistic about that. What I haven't seen is consistency. On any given day its feast or famine for this team.

Ultimately, until we do something special in the playoffs it is imo exactly what I said - the same pill. I'll believe it when I see it. We're close but not ready yet. That's doesn't mean I'm not rooting for them.

My thing is we did show some consistency in these last two game. In which to me is progress.

My thing is we did show some consistency in these last two game. In which to me is progress.

The Colts are not a good team. They were also missing key players & TY was gimpy. I understand we have injuries as well, but that is the level we played. Same as the Colts. That's basically who we are. That's basically who the Patriots are right now.

Hopefully we get healthy or at least maintain our health right now. Play together & improve. & be a much better team than we are now. If we play the Patriots again I guarantee they will not be the same team we played Sunday. They'll be a better team. They'll have to be if they are going to get to the playoffs.

No can do man. I've been posting on some form or other of this board since 1999 (seriously) so I'm here until the heart attack claims me or I get hit by a bus. I'd like to see it happen as much as anyone else and I know I'm a jaded as hell fan so I try to keep my posting down because all I got left is some Eyore-like takes on stuff I don't even follow all that much anymore but from time to time I'm going to come in and point to the Texans and go "HA-HA". Can't help it.

You been here a long time too. You know where the ignore button is.

The Colts are not a good team. They were also missing key players & TY was gimpy. I understand we have injuries as well, but that is the level we played. Same as the Colts. That's basically who we are. That's basically who the Patriots are right now.

Hopefully we get healthy or at least maintain our health right now. Play together & improve. & be a much better team than we are now. If we play the Patriots again I guarantee they will not be the same team we played Sunday. They'll be a better team. They'll have to be if they are going to get to the playoffs.

See that's the level I'm holding out for. Sure we beat the Clots when they were down and then we beat the Patriots as they worked through their current issues. Now lets see the Texans beat the Donkeys when they absolutely, positively without any doubt should beat them. Lets put a stop to this L-WW, L-WW, L-WW..... pattern. Our losses have come against the Saints, Panthers, Clots, and Ravens. Now the Saints and Ravens are both 10-2 so there's a couple of good teams but the Panthers are 5-7 and the Clots are 6-6. Are we good? Are we really a team that belongs in the discussion? If so then we should be 10-2 as well and we should stop dropping these games against also-rans.

And I know I said that the Clots would kick the Texans butts in the playoffs if they meet there and now I'm saying the Clots suck but I never meant to imply that they were great. They're nothing special but I'm also saying neither are the Texans until they stop losing to teams they should beat. Beat the bad teams, beat a good team every now and then, and learn to be something vaguely resembling consistent. That's what I'm asking for.

Lets see what happens Sunday and maybe I'll show up with a smile on my face for a change.

When we came on after losing the first 3 games last year I really thought we had turned the corner. But that abomination of a playoff game brought me back down to earth. It was just the same ole Texans doing the same ole s***.

2018 & 2019 season records are very similar.

9-3 2018 Record @ Week 13
3-2 2018 Record Against Winning Teams @ Week 13

8-4 2019 Record @ Week 13
2-2 2019 Record Against Winning Teams @ Week 13

I know that the 2019 winning teams are still in the air but we are very close.

It's like the old saying "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me." So O'Brien & the Texans have to prove to me that they can actually make noise in the playoffs before I get my hopes up.

If so then we should be 10-2 as well and we should stop dropping these games against also-rans.

I agree with your post overall.

I don't believe this. Reasons being what they were, our starting LT wasn't on the team 2 weeks before the season. Neither was our starting RB or backup RB & half our 2ndary. We have our own problems that needed to be worked out. Winning 8 games through all that is a better than average feat of coaching.

That said, all that's behind us. We've played 12 games & should have some stuff figured out. The three teams we'll play the next four weeks had similar issues to work through. Hopefully we've done a better job dealing with our issues than they did & it will show on the field.

When we came on after losing the first 3 games last year I really thought we had turned the corner. But that abomination of a playoff game brought me back down to earth. It was just the same ole Texans doing the same ole s***.

2018 & 2019 season records are very similar.

9-3 2018 Record @ Week 13
3-2 2018 Record Against Winning Teams @ Week 13

8-4 2019 Record @ Week 13
2-2 2019 Record Against Winning Teams @ Week 13

I know that the 2019 winning teams are still in the air but we are very close.

It's like the old saying "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me." So O'Brien & the Texans have to prove to me that they can actually make noise in the playoffs before I get my hopes up.

Why do you bother to watch the games of follow the team if they make your life miserable?

Why do you bother to watch the games of follow the team if they make your life miserable?
Who said I was miserable? I love football & discussing it. Just because I have my doubts about this head coach does not mean I'm giving up on the Texans. I was an Oilers fan for more than 25 years (if that does not prove my staying power I don't what does).

I thoroughly enjoyed the Patriots game & have been in a good mood about the Texans since then. I've actually watched it 4 times since Sunday.

But that does not mean that I have forgotten or disregard the fact that the Ravens completely destroyed us.

I try not to get to high over a win or too low over a loss.

But I still say that O'Brien has to prove to me he can win in the post season and if he can't then the Texans need to find somebody that can.

We're on the verge of back to back 11 win seasons. Winning the division a forth time in the last five seasons.

:thinking:

Right, the problem is we've been waiting on the team to go from a playoff team to a Super Bowl contender. This isn't Cleveland who will let you down every single year. Does anyone really care about division titles anymore? It's cool like the first 3x at most. After that the expectations increase drastically.

For the record, my “prediction” was posted in jest. I stopped predicting scores when I gave up gambling. I’m not even convinced the Texans will win this game much less cover the spread (assuming the Texans are giving points).

I’m simply not convinced the Texans have turned the proverbial curve. It’s hard to forget the trouncing they took from Baltimore, it wasn’t that long ago. I’m hoping getting the monkey off their back by beating the Patriots will be a springboard to greater things to come but I just don’t know. The monkey might run back to claw their eyes out this weekend.

Do you really think it's just that simple? I wish it was. I tell people if there was a way I could divorce sports, I'd do it in a heartbeat!!! It's simply not worth it IMO.

Ravens lost to the Browns, Saints lost to the Falcons, last year Pats lost to Miami. I'm not excusing the lost to the Pants but if we are going to use that as an example then we have to judge those same teams by that standard. Far as the lost to Indy earlier again we should have won but the refs did help colts out on that one. If some of those calls hadn't happned, the TD in particular, we might have seen a different game. I agree also that the Ravens game should have at least been close but since then that seems to have been a bit of a wake up call, so far at least, so if it was then I'll take that hit.

No can do man. I've been posting on some form or other of this board since 1999 (seriously) so I'm here until the heart attack claims me or I get hit by a bus. I'd like to see it happen as much as anyone else and I know I'm a jaded as hell fan so I try to keep my posting down because all I got left is some Eyore-like takes on stuff I don't even follow all that much anymore but from time to time I'm going to come in and point to the Texans and go "HA-HA". Can't help it.

You been here a long time too. You know where the ignore button is.
No way will I ignore you! We can talk and disagree. I get the frustration and Have said I wanted to get rid of OBrien and even RAC at times. However, we do seem to be headed in right direction. I'm not a Kool aide guy bit nor do I choose to focus only on "history".

If we lose to Denver--I will probably have that heart attack. :handshake:

If we lose to Denver this city will come unglued.

This board and talk radio will be unbearable. I think O’Brien has already gotten the stinkers out of his system this season.
Yeah I hope to see a very solid game Offense and defense as well as special teams if not a blowout. That type of game could be a strong spring board going forward especially if we can win out. 12 & 4 confidence and healthy full strength roster could be fun to watch.

It's been six years and we're still chasing glimpses.

Six years and we're sitting here wondering if we're "finally" legit.

Six. Years.

Are we legit? I guess we'll see. Wins and losses themselves aren't necessarily what matter. As we've learned in the last FIVE years, empty wins and divisions don't matter if the way you're winning is not sustainable. Because you'll get violated against real teams.

Are we "finally" going to get sustainable performance? We'll see. That's what it's going to take. I can handle losses if we at least appear legitimate. That means the losses are moreso sports "**** happens" than "we're garbage."

Six years and we're waiting for that transition to be cemented. It would be a problem if it was three years.

Last edited:
It's been six years and we're still chasing glimpses.

Six years and we're sitting here wondering if we're "finally" legit.

Six. Years.

Are we legit? I guess we'll see. Wins and losses themselves aren't necessarily what matter. As we've learned in the last FIVE years, empty wins and divisions don't matter if the way you're winning is not sustainable. Because you'll get violated against real teams.

Are we "finally" going to get sustainable performance? We'll see. That's what it's going to take. I can handle losses if we at least appear legitimate. That means the losses are moreso sports "**** happens" than "we're garbage."

Six years and we're waiting for that transition to be cemented. It would be a problem if it was three years.

I don't recall you having that venomous stance with Kubiak even after 7. SEVEN Years? What's the difference?

Does anyone really care about division titles anymore? It's cool like the first 3x at most. After that the expectations increase drastically

I remember when Kubiak got here & we thought it would be great if he could make us a perennial playoff team.

Of course we didn't expect embarrassing exits every year.

But since Jj Watt's been in the league we've been to the playoffs 5 out of 8 years & planning our 6th in 9 seasons.

We haven't done as well as the Rams or Eagles, but hopefully we've established a higher floor than either of those teams.

I don't recall you having that venomous stance with Kubiak even after 7. SEVEN Years? What's the difference?

For me with Kubiak it was all about health. We had a top 5 defense & a top 5 offense, just couldn't get them both to the playoffs.

Are we top 10 on either side of the ball this year?

I hate BO'b & don't know if we can move the ball, score, or stop anyone. But for some reason I like our chances of advancing to the AFCCG. More now than ever.

I don't know why that is. But I think I'm starting to like BO'b.

Kind of worried about a letdown game after finally beating the Patriots and a big game against the Titans next week. Hopefully Houston isn't looking past Denver and is ready to roll. Let's get it done guys!

Should put this win away early …. That team just isn't very good.

Then again , Dr Jekyll meet Mr Hyde …. that's the Texans.

Kinda reminds me of the Carolina game.

Inactive players for todays game.

Denver
Calvin Anderson OT
Jonathan Harris DE
Ronald Leary OG
Patrick Morris C
Malik Reed LB
Shakial Taylor CB
Juwann Winfree WR

Texans
Mike Adams FS
Cornell Armstrong DB
Will Fuller WR
Taiwan Jones RB
Steven Mitchell WR
Eddie Vanderdoes DT
Carlos Watkins DE

Inactive players for todays game.

Denver
Calvin Anderson OT
Jonathan Harris DE
Ronald Leary OG
Patrick Morris C
Malik Reed LB
Shakial Taylor CB
Juwann Winfree WR

Texans
Mike Adams FS
Cornell Armstrong DB
Will Fuller WR
Taiwan Jones RB
Steven Mitchell WR
Eddie Vanderdoes DT
Carlos Watkins DE

Von Miller playing?

Even against a team like the Broncos, why when I hear Fuller is out, I automatically expect the offense to struggle? Does anyone recall the availability of a 2nd string WR having the impact on his offense the way Fuller impacts this offense?

Back