Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Funny Quote from Bears Coach...

"At practice today I thought it was good No. 1 to finally get some Chicago weather," said coach Lovie Smith. "We hope the temperature will be somewhere around what it was today for the Texans coming in. They'll probably want to close up the roof or something like that."

Take one look @ that picture of our Florida WR Gaffney wearing a ski mask here in Houston this week practicing for the Bears game when it was maybe 40 degrees, yea Coach Smith knows what he is talking about.

nunusguy said:
Take one look @ that picture of our Florida WR Gaffney wearing a ski mask here in Houston this week practicing for the Bears game when it was maybe 40 degrees, yea Coach Smith knows what he is talking about.

If you look at what the picture file name is, that picture was taken at the Jets game.

:rofl:

I use to get a good laugh at the folks I worked with who migrated here from colder climates. They didn't take the heat well at all while I could barely stand a northern breeze.

I would think the Chicago team would be much better suited to the colder weather. They play in it, practice in it.

We'll have to see what happens with the weather Sunday.

all worries about the weather are well and good, but our d has to show up like normal, not like last week...if it plays like it did last week, we're dead

infantrycak said:
If you look at what the picture file name is, that picture was taken at the Jets game.
The Jets game ? Geez, as I recall it was like 30 degrees in NY that weekend.
I have no idea how poor Jabar is going to survive in Chicago this weekend.
They are suppose to have teens with wind - that means we're talking, very easily, sub 0 wind chill.

so what we are like 2-0 in games where it is 35 or below ?? Maybe it will help us win sunday, but i think we'll win regardless of weather or injuries !

I think the wind will be a bigger factor than how cold it is. Get a good gust of wind and that ball will be all over the feild. Hopefully we'll have a good run game this sunday. And when the ball does go to the air, Carr has gotta hit them between the numbers.

Oilers/Texans said:
Weather is way over-rated when it comes to affecting the outcome of a game.

Unless your name is Peyton Manning.... :rofl:

I think Houston will be OK this weekend. Remember that we've only been throwing the ball to Davis anyway, so our passing game shouldn't be affected by the weather. If the Texans HAD a deep passing game, I might be more concerned about it.

texansfan88 said:
Buffalo's game last year ranged from 28 to 36 degrees throughout the game

We are not talking about 36 degree weather. Sundays high is supposed to be19 degrees. With a steady 20 mph wind. You factor that wind and we are talking wind chills in the single digits. GOD I LOVE BEAR WEATHER

Posted by texansexile:

"If the Texans HAD a deep passing game, I might be more concerned about it."

Try playing a Dungy cover II with safeties way back, the CBs in Between, and the LBs all playing 35 yards deep, and see how many balls you would complete to AJ! We just do not, yet have the personnel, (two way TEs), and a RB capable of taking it to the house on any one play. That is what it will take to beat Dungies Defense. And of course, a little chipping on Freeney from the RB or TE.

the wonger need food said:
"At practice today I thought it was good No. 1 to finally get some Chicago weather," said coach Lovie Smith. "We hope the temperature will be somewhere around what it was today for the Texans coming in. They'll probably want to close up the roof or something like that."

Last report I saw said 17 degrees at kickoff with a wind-chill of -5. I'll be there.

soldier field said:
We are not talking about 36 degree weather. Sundays high is supposed to be19 degrees. With a steady 20 mph wind. You factor that wind and we are talking wind chills in the single digits. GOD I LOVE BEAR WEATHER
I'll be waiting to hear from the local fans, that have no idea what that really means, when they get back .. and get unthawed and the frostbite subsides.

I had a friend that went to a game once at Soldier Field and she told me that was the coldest she had ever been in her life with the wind blowing into the stadium and she's use to cold weather.

It sounds like it's going to be very windy and I do wonder if that will hamper the passing game and kicking game of the Texans. Oh well. People complain about the little dump offs to DD so much. I'm thinking we'll see more of the same Sunday!

NoBullTexan said:
Posted by texansexile:

"If the Texans HAD a deep passing game, I might be more concerned about it."

Try playing a Dungy cover II with safeties way back, the CBs in Between, and the LBs all playing 35 yards deep, and see how many balls you would complete to AJ! We just do not, yet have the personnel, (two way TEs), and a RB capable of taking it to the house on any one play. That is what it will take to beat Dungies Defense. And of course, a little chipping on Freeney from the RB or TE.

3 teams are ranked below Dungy's defense
Houston
Kansas City
New Orleans :hmmm:

Back