From KFFL

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by TEXANS84, Feb 25, 2005.

1. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

Looks pretty much like everything we knew, except for cornerback missing:

2. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

so then it must be a CB afterall :rolleyes:

lets see OT @ #13 would have to Barron (Alex Barron, Florida State
    6074 320)

DE/DT- Marcus Spears

LB- Derrick Johnson

WR- Troy Williamson

My preference would be Derrick then Marcus & Barron. after that Justin Miller

just to add- if Troy Williamson is there, several teams including the Ravens would be willing to pay a dear price to move up to get him. the 22nd pick plus next years #1 to trade down then it might make sense for the Texans to trade down and get David Baas, Michigan 6044 319.

3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

KFFL is taking that article from the Texans site out of context. Here's the exact quote from Carter Toole:
    That was just his way of saying the Texans will look for the "best player available". As Texan fans, we know what positions aren't being considered. As NFL draft fans, we generally know who the better prospects are. We can make a guess at what positions the Texans are looking at, but they aren't going to lay that out on their web site in February. KFFL should know that.

4. wiley2002

wiley2002 Veteran

Here's my senarios with our #13 if we draft for any one of these positions:

OL: David Baas

DL: Marcus Spears

LB: DJ

WR: not in the first

DB: I don't think so, but you can never tell

5. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

David Baas at #13? No thanks

6. V Man

V Man Pumpkinhead

Agreed, the only lineman I see the Texans taking at 13 is Barron, he is the only lineman in the draft worth a pick that high. (but then we could trade down to get extra picks and take Bass or Jaamal).

7. wiley2002

wiley2002 Veteran

Didn't think about that one. In case we do want to go with the o-line, we go with Barron or we decide to trade down and get Baas or another OL.

8. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

I think everyone agrees on that. But if some 4-3 deffensive team covets a 4-3 DE we have no interest in.... Bass at the bottom of the first makes sense. We'd get to shore up some holes with the extra 2nd on defense , just a guess, makes sense to me. So does Miller streching the feild. DJ, Spears... the only things on the boards & the mocks that doen't make sense to me is Cody. I see he's up to 277. A mighty simular resemblance to Ray Childres, who played great as a pro .... in a 4-3 defense. JMHO.

9. TEXANS84

Should have seen this one coming. Bad news for all the Mike Williams supporters....

Vikings | Is Williams the Answer to Replace Moss? - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 26 Feb 2005 16:30:14 -0800

So how do the Minnesota Vikings replace WR Randy Moss once he is traded to the Oakland Raiders? Could former USC WR Mike Williams be the solution? Vikings head coach Mike Tice asked Williams how he would feel about replacing Moss in the Vikings' offense at the NFL Combine.

10. TEXANS84

Now you gotta laugh at the bottom part...saying that we will draft a cb just because the Colts are in our division.

11. TheTim5125

TheTim5125 Veteran

i wouldn't be opposed to another CB i mean glenn is getting up in age.. he maybe has 3 years left to play

12. wiley2002

wiley2002 Veteran

I don't see us going with a CB in the first round. We need to address the needs of the offensive and defensive lines first. Don't be suprised if we wait until MAYBE round 3 or later until we draft a corner.

13. TEXANS84

From Pro Football Weekly:

Citing the salary cap, general manager Charley Casserly told PFW the team is unlikely to go after a high-profile receiver in free agency. Casserly said that in the current system, teams can’t afford two No. 1-caliber wide receivers. The team has a young, up-and-coming WR corps, led by Pro Bowl performer Andre Johnson, but there was some speculation the team could target former Titans WR Derrick Mason. Casserly said the Texans will not be active in free agency one year after signing ORT Todd Wade and DE Robaire Smith to deals at the beginning of that signing period. Casserly said the team will work to sign its own free agents, including oft-injured NT Seth Payne.

14. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Well last year a great many people thought NT and OL were greater needs than CB. Some argued TE was a greater need as well. I wouldn't be surprised at all for the Texans to view Justin Miller or another CB as the BPA and wisest choice depending on who is already off the table.

15. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Icak is right. Smart teams generally do not pick for need in the top half of the first round. The picks make too much money to give an average player tons of money. There is more than one way to fill your needs & the draft is just one. You must get a productive player early in the draft.

16. TEXANS84

Like Capers said on the video...with the first pick in the draft in the first round, you can't really target a "needs" player. Saftest pick IS the BPA in the longrun.