Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

From Buffalo: Beat the Jags

• Thread starter Billsneedtexanshelp!
  • Start date
B

Billsneedtexanshelp!

Please guys we at billsnation beg of you to destroy the jaguars this week so we can sneak into the playoffs we never asked you for much more i swear we will repay you guys some how and plz beat them JAGS!!!!

We will do our best :).. you know if you and the jags and a couple other teams lose all their games for the next two weeks.. and if hell freezes over.. we will make the playoffs :)

hehe. Yah im rooting for the Bills to make the playoffs.. yall deserve it more than the teams you are competing with.

Good news is we are coming off a big win in harsh conditions.. and alot of the pressure is off. Also, I know we would LOVE to sweep the jags this year and having a hand in them missing the playoffs would just be icing on the cake :). SO.. im sure it will be a good game and we are gonna fight tooth and nail to come out with the W.

Go Texans

Just Wanted to let Houston know that the TEXANS are the second favorite team of every Bills fan this week. Kick some Jag butt for us.

:taz:

Trust us..... we would MUCH rather the Bills advance at the hands of a Jags heartbreak.

Not much love around here for Jax.... so well give em a fight!

GO TEXANS!!!!

Ok, so I've got an 8-8 fantasy going on right now. I want to see the Texans finish on a win streak and continue to improve in the win column. The Jags game is going to be the toughest one of the two remaining but it's not an impossible task. Admittedly it's unlikely but there's a chance.

The best thing about finishing 8-8 IMO would be knowing that in getting there you helped ruin the Jaguars chances of getting to the postseason. Who do those guys finish against? Ahh, the Raiders. They suck but they've been finally coming together a little bit of late. What a wonderful thing it would be to beat the Jags at their house (that alone would be great), then the next week get by Cleveland while the Jags lose to the Raiders. Second place would be ours (beats third) and it would add fuel to the growing rivalry.

Thanks Bills fans...I hope you make it to the playoffs instead of the Jags....I think you deserve it...Its your time now...For us, Its going to be a tough game against the Jags because it seems they have improved from what i could see... :whew

If somehow the Bills lose to San Francisco, they will have about as much chance of making the playoffs as the Texans.

Sweeping the Jags for the year would be really nice. That would give the Texans a 4-2 advantage in the series, with a 2-1 record both at home and on the road. Its always good to beat division rivals, especially if it hurts their playoff chances.

More important, having a chance to end the season 8-8 and on a 3 game winning streak would be a tremendous building block for next season. Breaking even is so much better than having a losing season. There would be a lot of excitement heading into next season with visions of the playoffs dancing in our heads from February through August.

Messing things up for the Jaguars would be nice, but the benefits for us are more important to me.

Hey Texan Fans!! Just want to tell you guys that all of Buffalo is a Texan fan this weekend!! We really need you guys to whoop the Jags for us. They currently have a tie-breaker over us and Texan victory would greatly increase our chances of making the playoffs.

GO TEXANS!!! :grouphug: :coolb:

gwallaia said:
I would rather see the Bills in the show than the Jaguars. What is the status of McGahee?

Coach Mularkey said McGahee will be evaluated day to day... he would not discuss specifics about the injury to his right knee. I don't think it's that serious because he did come back into the game and run twice but Mularkey took him out because his knee wasn't 100%.

I wouldn't mind them keeping him out against the 49ers. I want him to be 100% for the Steelers game the following week.

Also... Travis Henry should start practicing this week. Maybe he could help us out against the 49ers.

Seems to me that Bills fan was pretty much a pain in the *** on this board during the week leading up to our victory over them last year. Now they want group hugs. Sweet.

Just wanted to wish the Texans luck this week againts the Jags. We really need the win because Denver is falling apart and Baltimore is in Pittsburgh this week, so I Texans win would put the Bills in the drivers seat for the last playoff spot. Everyone in Buffalo and Bills fans around the world will be rooting for the Texans this week.

aj. said:
Seems to me that Bills fan was pretty much a pain in the *** on this board during the week leading up to our victory over them last year. Now they want group hugs.

He must have really made you mad, you posted twice..Personally if we had beaten Packers and Indy this season, he wouldn't have any love for us (esp at 8-6 with Jax and cleveland in way) :hmmm:

Commissioner said:
Hey Texan Fans!! Just want to tell you guys that all of Buffalo is a Texan fan this weekend!! We really need you guys to whoop the Jags for us. They currently have a tie-breaker over us and Texan victory would greatly increase our chances of making the playoffs.

GO TEXANS!!! :grouphug: :coolb:

HEY COMMISH ITS ME TROYVINCENT23. WAT UP :coolb:

I just need a good mask and a 9 iron. I figure we both need this so lets go 50/50 in on the mask. Any suggestions for the mask. OJ Simpson would be considered...........

texansgal8 said:
Thanks Bills fans...I hope you make it to the playoffs instead of the Jags....I think you deserve it...Its your time now...For us, Its going to be a tough game against the Jags because it seems they have improved from what i could see... :whew

This lady is the reason we are all here... As previously stated, every one of us on the Bills board are HUGE fans of you guys right now... and the awesome support demonstrated by TG8, and her kind words really helped add to our respect for the Texans and their fans. The Texans started out awesome this year, and I really think you guys can look forward to a great season with the talent you have... Lets get it rollin by stompin them kitties
spank.gif

Fiddy said:
How is McGahee doing??? He has really helped that offense...

Bruised and sprained right knee... Looks like this week against the Niners he will sit out. Should be no big deal as Shaud seems to be doing pretty well. We expect him back at full strength for our real uphill battle, against the Steelers in Buffalo for the season finale :hairpull:

Ok Bills fans...we'll beat the Jags...on one condition only.

If we EVER meet in the playoffs...you guys run up the score to 31-3 at halftime, and then let us come back and win in overtime.

Deal?

Does anyone remember Frank Reich? I hope I spelled it right. That was such a demoralizing day. Right behind the 86 Astros loss to the Mets. I sure hope the Texans win. It means we still have a shot at the playoffs if the cards fall in place.

If we were to win the next two games, not just this one but the next two......It would be our first three in a row, we'd stop the jags playoff hopes, help buffalo out, sweep the jags for the year, be 8-8, and finish the season on a winning streak. Ya, let's do that. LOL Easier said than done, but possible!

rittenhouserobz said:
Does anyone remember Frank Reich? I hope I spelled it right. That was such a demoralizing day. Right behind the 86 Astros loss to the Mets. I sure hope the Texans win. It means we still have a shot at the playoffs if the cards fall in place.

Reich did the same thing in college. I think he was at Maryland and came back from a huge deficit then too. You spelled his name correctly.

TheOgre said:
Reich did the same thing in college. I think he was at Maryland and came back from a huge deficit then too. You spelled his name correctly.

Correct. In fact, at the time he held the record for both College and pro football playoff comeback victories (and I believe the record still stands).

Wishing you all the best of luck.

You guys have quite the rivalry going with Jax. You smoked em once this year, if you smoke em again I'll buy the beer for the tailgate next time we play you guys. Good Luck from TwoBillsDrive.com. We're all pulling for the Texans this week.

i would owe you guys so much if you could just do what the packers couldnt do and beat the jags this week! it would be a great Christmas gift

LETS GO TEXANS......you beat the jags and you'll have my support every game from now until....well forever, unless the game means something to the bills, of course lol.

so.....please houston, we're counting on you, if you guys win its huge because the ravens will most likely lose to the steelers, and denver will most likely lose to tennessee (and if not they play indy in week 17)......if those things happen and you win this weekend, the bills playoff destiny is in our own hands!

go texans!

go bills! :jumpbanan

BUFFALOBILLS said:
i would owe you guys so much if you could just do what the packers couldnt do and beat the jags this week! it would be a great Christmas gift

LETS GO TEXANS......you beat the jags and you'll have my support every game from now until....well forever, unless the game means something to the bills, of course lol.

so.....please houston, we're counting on you, if you guys win its huge because the ravens will most likely lose to the steelers, and denver will most likely lose to tennessee (and if not they play indy in week 17)......if those things happen and you win this weekend, the bills playoff destiny is in our own hands!

go texans!

go bills! :jumpbanan

Thanks for the support....Did i see you on the Bill's board?...I think the Texans want to win even more since the Darius incident...Remember Farve was Carr's hero so i think they will win this one for Fergusion as well as for themselves for payback... :coolb: ..

Just wanted to say all of us on The Buffalo Range are really hoping and praying for a Texans Win This weekend. in fact a lot of us are getting together to watch this game at a local bar to root for them.... By the way can you believe its snowing right now in Texas and not here in Buffalo???? Go figure...

I agree, we would owe the Texans a big debt if they could pull this one off. The Bills would be more than happy to return the favor when needed.

Go Texans!!!!!

We need you up in Buffalo. I know you can do it. And if you could do it with like 3 TD for Andre Johnson that'd be even better!!(Fantasy Team)

Go Texans!!!

Under the circumstances, the Texans winning this game is a long shot:
(1) Jags home game means we have to travel after having an abreviated
Christmas celebration @ home
(2) Huge playoffs considerations for Jags 'cause they are in the race for
WC. Meaningless game for us in terms of playoffs
(3) We won the previous game and its usually tougher to sweep a series
than get a split
(4) Big win on the road last week for us because of the weather conditions
in Chicago - tough for us to get up to win consecutive road games
(5) Coaches, realisticaly, will concentrate on getting the team up for final
game at home and not put concerted effort into psyching team up
Is that negative enough for you ? Hey, if I was placing a bet I'd - but then
I'd never bet against the Texans.
The best hope for the Texans (and Bills), is if something, some kind of incident happens early in the game that fires them up. Otherwise they might
sleep-walk thru the whole 4 quarters.

Let's go Texans!

Did I ever mention I really thought David Carr was a good QB and that Andre Johnson was an elite WR?

We'll Ill be rooting them on this week! If you're going to beat that Jags D I think you have to throw it on 'em! With Gaffney, Bradford (if he doesn't let the ball go at the one) and Johnson, Houston has the receivers to beat the Jags deep!

Let's go fellas!

KGUNBILLS said:
Let's go Texans!

Did I ever mention I really thought David Carr was a good QB and that Andre Johnson was an elite WR?

We'll Ill be rooting them on this week! If you're going to beat that Jags D I think you have to throw it on 'em! With Gaffney, Bradford (if he doesn't let the ball go at the one) and Johnson, Houston has the receivers to beat the Jags deep!

Let's go fellas!

Assuming the line can protect Carr long enough for the deep patters to develop. Our pass rush is better than the Texans faced last time we met, Carr isn't playing as well, and the texan line is still having protection issues if Carr's hissy fit is any indiction. :)

I think we'll make it a hell of a game. It's a rivalry game, and the first time we met there was a lot of drama on the feild, seemed like every other play players were pulling other players from each others faces. I have no doubt the Texans will be fired up.
Texans by 3

The Jags have improved their pass rush? Really? Well, they certainly haven't with their front four. It seems to me like they need to blitz to apply pressure. But, then again, Im sure you've seen WAY more Jags games than I have.

I was on the Jags board before the Bills game this year and I said the Jags have weaknesses at LB, DE, and in their secondary. Well from what I've seen I got two of the three right. The LB corps is solid but the ends do not apply much pressure and the secondary can be beaten.

Let's go Texans!

nunusguy said:
Under the circumstances, the Texans winning this game is a long shot:
(1) Jags home game means we have to travel after having an abreviated
Christmas celebration @ home
(2) Huge playoffs considerations for Jags 'cause they are in the race for
WC. Meaningless game for us in terms of playoffs
(3) We won the previous game and its usually tougher to sweep a series
than get a split
(4) Big win on the road last week for us because of the weather conditions
in Chicago - tough for us to get up to win consecutive road games
(5) Coaches, realisticaly, will concentrate on getting the team up for final
game at home and not put concerted effort into psyching team up
Is that negative enough for you ? Hey, if I was placing a bet I'd - but then
I'd never bet against the Texans.
The best hope for the Texans (and Bills), is if something, some kind of incident happens early in the game that fires them up. Otherwise they might
sleep-walk thru the whole 4 quarters.

How can you say that? The Texans stayed right with the Colts two weeks ago and beat up on the Bears last week. Yeah, it's the Bears but at least it proves the Texans haven't packed it in. I don't think any team is going to be looking past a team to get to...the Browns!

KGUNBILLS said:
The Jags have improved their pass rush? Really? Well, they certainly haven't with their front four. It seems to me like they need to blitz to apply pressure. But, then again, Im sure you've seen WAY more Jags games than I have.

I was on the Jags board before the Bills game this year and I said the Jags have weaknesses at LB, DE, and in their secondary. Well from what I've seen I got two of the three right. The LB corps is solid but the ends do not apply much pressure and the secondary can be beaten.

Let's go Texans!

Any secondary can be beaten. And maybe the reason our DEs suck is because we have 4 on IR? :)

Anyways, check the number of sacks we've been getting compared to the beginning of the year. There's definitely been an improvement.

Back