Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Forum Bugs ... Please Report

Why can't or hasn't a top mod [ administrator] contacted Kevin Bilberry about issue and if that has been done; why not update us. 30 minutes on this board drives frustration where it shouldn't go.
😡

These are the (free) tools that my previous IT used to consistently successfully identify/diagnose website and web page loading problems. Using these free tools, TT's IT should be able to diagnose what's going on here.....even when it is an intermittent problem as it is here. Mods may be interested in taking this to who ever is appropriate.

Pingdom Website Speed Test

The problem is most likely too many DNS links and/or too many HTTP requests required to render the pages.

The 200+ guests (bots?) can't be helping much
If a bot requests information from your site regularly, it can cause it to slow down. This means that the site will be slow for everyone who visits it, which can cause significant issues. Too much bot traffic can take your entire website offline in severe circumstances. Bots can also carry out distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) which can also overwhelm websites with traffic and knock them offline.

I could swear that in the past, TexansTalk listed "guests" and "bots" separately..........it seems that now they are both reported consolidated as "guests."

giphy-gif.313067

Draft will sink us.

All these ads are killing this site. I thought this thread was to report issues but it appears nobody that can do anything or at least report it…are out to lunch. (I’ll take the burger and fries special thank you)

And yes by draft night unless something is done…this site will be completely down or unusable.

All these ads are killing this site. I thought this thread was to report issues but it appears nobody that can do anything or at least report it…are out to lunch. (I’ll take the burger and fries special thank you)

And yes by draft night unless something is done…this site will be completely down or unusable.
I'm on it .... don't know what if anything I can do but ....

Logically speaking, these ads all over the damn place are slowing the site. But even if you are right, the ads are killing the experience on any device without ad blockers, such as my iPad.

Why don’t you just reach out to him yourself? He’s always made himself accessible to the board members. He’s one of us!
You do not know how many times I started to but was not sure how it would be received by others. I wanted to give those like corrosion and double Darrel as much leeway as they needed before I went straight to the owner.

You do not know how many times I started to but was not sure how it would be received by others. I wanted to give those like corrosion and double Darrel as much leeway as they needed before I went straight to the owner.
Breathe. Kevin is our friend. Yours too. Just call him.

It's gotten really slow again
was only giving names of 3 members
1712900840684.png
and just a minute later
1712901103784.png
showing myself and @JRingo online- no one else

Last edited:
Did anyone else today see the message Forum upgrade underway? I tried twice about an hour apart but just now got back in.

Just now got back on using my computer, but slow. Still can't get on using my phone. Getting message:

"PHP 7.0.0 or newer is required. 5.6.40 does not meet this requirement. Please ask your host to upgrade PHP"

Did anyone else today see the message Forum upgrade underway? I tried twice about an hour apart but just now got back in.
I didn't...........but everything on the REPLY toolbar is different and not better............hoping this is only a glitch.

Reactions: JB
When trying to highlight and select something, the text is blacked out so that you cannot see exactly what you have highlighted.

Reactions: JB
The new system was being updated and reportedly "all should be fine, now."
Just now got back on using my computer, but slow. Still can't get on using my phone. Getting message:

"PHP 7.0.0 or newer is required. 5.6.40 does not meet this requirement. Please ask your host to upgrade PHP"

I didn't...........but everything on the REPLY toolbar is different and not better............hoping this is only a glitch.

When trying to highlight and select something, the text is blacked out so that you cannot see exactly what you have highlighted.
Hope this resolves issues. 🙂

Back