Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Forum Bugs ... Please Report

The new system was being updated and reportedly "all should be fine, now."

Hope this resolves issues. 🙂
Yeh, I had to delete my link and replace. When I did this I lost my TT icon on the new link. It's just a white circle. I can't figure out how to replace it with an icon, but no big deal.

When trying to highlight and select something, the text is blacked out so that you cannot see exactly what you have highlighted.
Can you explain what that is? I'm not clear on that.

BTW, if you guys can give me a list of issues that you're seeing with the latest version of Xenforo I will give that to the developer and see if there is configuration or something to address any of these things.

BTW, if you guys can give me a list of issues that you're seeing with the latest version of Xenforo I will give that to the developer and see if there is configuration or something to address any of these things.
This is what we are seeing @Hookem Horns
1713606960572.png
It no longer highlights the text you want to perform an action on (quote,bold,italics, etc.) just blacks it out

Last edited:

JB above has documented what I have been seeing. It appears to be entirely blacked out, but if you look very carefully,, you can barely make out the statement within that has been highlighted. This occurs when the default highlight color is black (or maybe very very dark blue) and almost opaque instead of a more transparent lighter contrasting color such as blue, yellow, etc.

Reactions: JB
This may be a computer setting. I do not have the blacking out problem on either my phone or computer.

It's when you highlight text in a post you've quoted.

I haven't had time lately to browse as much but I don't see an option to add media like Twitter/X or YouTube. How is that getting done now?

I haven't had time lately to browse as much but I don't see an option to add media like Twitter/X or YouTube. How is that getting done now?
Click on the little 3 dots next to the insert image icon to pull up more options including insert video, media and quote. I haven't figured out how to get media to populate

I understand that.

Again… I do not have this problem on either device. When I highlight it… it is grayed out and I can easily see the letters behind it.

Click on the little 3 dots next to the insert image icon to pull up more options including insert video, media and quote. I haven't figured out how to get media to populate
I was not able to add a photo. I tried to show you the highlighting on my end. I guess the update has problems but they differ for everyone? I don’t know. Trying to help.

:)

Samsung phone using Firefox browser.

On the old version, when I placed a shortcut on my home page, a TT icon was placed on my phone.

I had to delete my shortcut and replace when the new version was installed.

The new shortcut does not have an icon, but a generic filled in white circle.

Any suggestion how to replace the white circle with an icon?

The toolbar in general is a lot less friendly. The two 3-dot options represent the most utilized and were on the old toolbar. They should not be in a drop down. The paragraphing headlining and justifications will seldom be used and should be if anything part of a drop down.

Is anyone else finding that when you click on your alerts, the link does not take you to the exact post (often to a neighboring post)?

Also in the alert, the section where the post is found is not bolded or set off in any way to make it clear which section it was posted in.

The way the Preview works with this new update does not allow for sided-by-side comparison.

Not only that, if you try to post a tweet, it only posts a part of it and then you have to click on a link to see the entire tweet. This is especially annoying when the video [which is many times the item of greatest interest] within the tweet is only attainable by hitting the link.

I have to ask............is all of this an "Update/Updgrade" or an entire change of program?? I ask because so many functions especially regarding posting, has turned from very friendly and intuitive to very counterintuitive and unfriendly.

When picking up alerts...............it has you click on "your post"............we know it is our quote or the alert would not present. It used to have to identify/highlight the type of response you had to your post..............and have you click on "reacted" or "quoted."

On the old version, when I placed a shortcut on my home page, a TT icon was placed on my phone.

Try this:

1. Right-click on the Firefox shortcut and select “Properties.”
  2. In the “Shortcut” tab, click the “Change Icon” button.
  3. Browse and select the icon you want to use.

Try this:

When you are in Firefox on your Samsung, navigate to Texanstalk.com (or whatever sub page you want.
Then click on the 3 vertical dots at the bottom right of the page. Then find and click on "Add to home page" or "Add to shortcuts." That should give you the icon assigned to the website by Firefox.

Try this:

When you are in Firefox on your Samsung, navigate to Texanstalk.com (or whatever sub page you want.
Then click on the 3 vertical dots at the bottom right of the page. Then find and click on "Add to home page" or "Add to shortcuts." That should give you the icon assigned to the website by Firefox.
This is how I created my shortcut. But there is no icon to select. I don't know why. I've got a zillion shortcuts and all have an icon. The old version had an icon. But not the new version. I don't know if the problem is with Firefox or with TT. Probably Firefox? I'll just have to keep digging.

Doing some googling, I find a comment that some websites don't have an icon to use or select. So maybe the new version doesn't have an icon.

Doing some googling, I find a comment that some websites don't have an icon to use or select. So maybe the new version doesn't have an icon.
When I select "add to home screen" a dialog pops up saying to select the icon. And this is the problem, TT doesn't have an icon. So only the generic white circle is placed on my phone. The link works, it just doesn't have an icon. I seems the problem may be with the website.

When I select "add to home screen" a dialog pops up saying to select the icon. And this is the problem, TT doesn't have an icon. So only the generic white circle is placed on my phone. The link works, it just doesn't have an icon. I seems the problem may be with the website.

when it says 'select an icon' can't you browse and select your own?

when it says 'select an icon' can't you browse and select your own?
No. There's only the TT address to select. To the right of the address is: 1 x 1. I think if there was an icon this is where it would appear.

No. There's only the TT address to select. To the right of the address is: 1 x 1. I think if there was an icon this is where it would appear.
I'm not familiar with firefox, but is there no way to edit properties of the shortcut?

Now on my computer I have an icon and I can right click on it and bring up properties and there is a change icon option. But how do I right click on my phone without a mouse.
No clue, do you use a pointer?

Now on my computer I have an icon and I can right click on it and bring up properties and there is a change icon option. But how do I right click on my phone without a mouse.
On my android phone using chrome, the TT icon was as you said just a blank circle. I opened the link and then tapped the url and selected 'about this page' and the icon showed. It's now there on the shortcut as well

On my android phone using chrome, the TT icon was as you said just a blank circle. I opened the link and then tapped the url and selected 'about this page' and the icon showed. It's now there on the shortcut as well
Firefox doesn't seem to work the same way. If you have an icon, I just need to find the Firefox solution.

Firefox doesn't seem to work the same way. If you have an icon, I just need to find the Firefox solution.
When you open TT in the browser, does it show the url at the top of screen? that's what I pressed on... left edge

@Number19

When you open TT in the browser, does it show the url at the top of screen? that's what I pressed on... left edge
Firefox doesn't work like Chrome on an Android phone. I don't use Firefox on my Android, but I downloaded it to test. I would delete your Texanstalk.com cookie. Then go to Texanstalk.com and pick the page where you want your shortcut to link to. Then at the bottom right of the page, click the 3 bars. On the drop down click Add to Shortcuts.........and then Add to Homepage. You should now see the new Texanstalk icon which is a purple sqare with a white "t" in the middle.

@Number19

Firefox doesn't work like Chrome on an Android phone. I don't use Firefox on my Android, but I downloaded it to test. I would delete your Texanstalk.com cookie. Then go to Texanstalk.com and pick the page where you want your shortcut to link to. Then at the bottom right of the page, click the 3 bars. On the drop down click Add to Shortcuts.........and then Add to Homepage. You should now see the new Texanstalk icon which is a purple sqare with a white "t" in the middle.
Good info for @Number19

On my phone, the url is not shown like on my computer. There's an abbreviated version. There's the lock, and immediately to the right there's: texanstalk.com.

@Number19

Still not working. I've deleted the cookies and website data, and recreated the shortcut.

If you and others can get the icon to appear, I'm reasonably certain the issue is with the security management I've got installed on my phone. There's a fix embedded in there somewhere, but it's a real hassel tracking it down.

Still not working. I've deleted the cookies and website data, and recreated the shortcut.

If you and others can get the icon to appear, I'm reasonably certain the issue is with the security management I've got installed on my phone. There's a fix embedded in there somewhere, but it's a real hassel tracking it down.
Is it important?

Draft day and for me the system is working fine. one thing and probably easy to correct: my curser on page has disappeared. I probably did something to cause it. Just don't know what I did or how to fix. When I use the mouse, it shows the curser and allows me to edit my message just not while typing.

It's really irritating when when you click on a thread and it's supposed to take you to the first unread post and it doesn't. When you click on the alert that supposed to take you to a post that someone is quoting you on, it doesn't, it places you in a different part of the tread. This makes browsing difficult.

It keeps placing you back in the thread where there's a twitter or youtube insertion, not where you intended to be.

It's really irritating when when you click on a thread and it's supposed to take you to the first unread post and it doesn't. When you click on the alert that supposed to take you to a post that someone is quoting you on, it doesn't, it places you in a different part of the tread. This makes browsing difficult.

It keeps placing you back in the thread where there's a twitter or youtube insertion, not where you intended to be.
Sometimes when clicking on alerts, it takes you to the correct post........but then within a second or two spontaneously takes your elsewhere. Maddening!

Back