Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Fools in the Hands of an Aggravated Texan!!

LORK 88

Wreck'em Ŧech!
By Brad Lorkovic

Ladies and gentlemen: make sure to keep your arms and hands inside the cart at all times and make sure you seat is secured safely because we are about to go on one hell of a roller coaster if we already haven’t. In the past few months, all us Texan fans have heard about is Brady Quinn, Carr trade rumors, Jake Plummer, and even Jeff Garcia. In spite of all the speculation and the assertiveness some fans had, just about nobody could’ve guessed what happened the other day when we traded for Matt Schaub as well as released David Carr and Domanick Williams. Since then, I don’t think I’ve seen more coverage of the Texans since exactly 1 year ago. Just like last year too, I don’t think I’ve ever found myself more defensive or annoyed with all the ignorance and unawareness then I have been the past few days. Instead of taking the time to try to understand the decisions the Texans front office is making, most choose just to take the easy route and laugh at the decisions and crack jokes. But instead of trashing them and taking the low road like they have, I have therefore taken the time to not only get you to suffer from my drawn out introduction, but to also hopefully suffer from the rest of it. So here it is my thoughts on the state of the Texans as of now, better known as Fools in the Hands of an Aggravated Texan!

We Gave Too Much?!
To start off, what better way than to discuss the Schaub trade itself. The trade is very simple, we move down 2 picks in the 1st round and give up our 2nd rounder this and next year. For the most part, the general consensus is that we paid way too much for a career backup who hasn’t proved anything (to put it nicely). However, when you think about what we are potentially getting, is it really too much to ask? When you think about it, teams sometimes spend several picks trying to find their QB of the future. For instance, the Oakland Raiders drafted Marques Tuiasosopo in 2001 as the eventual replacement to Rich Gannon. However, after a few years of showing very little improvement, Andrew Walter was drafted in the 2nd round of 2005 to end the QB situation. While it’s too early to label Walter a bust, he has shown so little in the time he’s been seen that the Raiders are considering using the 1st overall on a QB, trading for a QB, or bringing in Carr. So in the long term, did we really give up a huge amount when we could’ve ended up using more picks on QBs in the future than what we gave up?

The second part to acquiring Schaub was the tricky part. His contract is a maximum of 6 years, $48 million dollars. Most think this is way too much for Schaub, but in all reality it’s built in our favor. Over the first 3 years, he’ll make $20 million. It’s an interesting deal because it’s a two bonus deal that will pay $7 million dollars in guarantees and will pay another $10 million dollar bonus if we decide to keep his contract past year 3. In essence, it’s like the Carr deal, but we have a chance to do it right this time. So while people think this contract is ridiculously overpriced (even with the consideration that FA contracts this year have jumped up a ridiculous amount), the truth is that Schaub won’t even see half of that if he underperforms or doesn’t prove he’s worth it. So in the end, if this trade ends up not working, we don’t pay too much financially. If it does, we could actually be underpaying for a top talent at QB based on how big of a rate free agent contracts are increasing by.

Schaub vs. the 2007 NFL Draft QB Class
Next, I feel it’s necessary to discuss Schaub himself because of all the talk surrounding how unproven he is. In essence, yes he is “unproven” because he hasn’t been through an entire NFL season as a starter. But when you think about it, what’s the bigger risk: wasting a high 1st round pick on a player who has only been comparable to mostly obsolete talent at the college level or someone who has played in the NFL and had an incredible game against one of the leagues premier teams? Yes, it’s only one game, but Schaub has played and shown serious potential in that NFL game than any college QB prospect could show in any collegiate game. Consider it less of a risk than taking someone like Brady Quinn in the crapshoot known as the NFL draft if anything. Also, most of what I’ve heard from Schaub from fans, players, several others has been better more helpful than any draft workout could ever be. He has an accurate arm, calm demeanor under pressure, great leadership, and has great size. While this could be said for draft prospects, consider this: in the combine, you get 15 minutes to ask as many questions about the player trying to figure out whatever you can. You try to gauge their personality, demeanor, character, and what type of player they are in 15 minutes before it’s on to the next guy. You can have a private workout with a certain draft prospect, but you’re so set on poking and prodding them physically that you can’t gauge them nearly as much as you could if they were already in the NFL. Kubiak on the other hand was able to ask close NFL coaching friends who were trusted and he knew for years, as well as go golfing with Schaub in a much more personal and relaxed environment. He also was able to look at what Schaub has done in the NFL, not just in college. So in the end, Kubiak was able to get a better idea of Schaub on several levels and truly figure out how big of a risk he was.

The Carr Era
During the regular season, I never saw more disregard and distaste for Carr than ever before. The media didn’t think too highly and too often compared him to Vince Young. Speculation was he was on his way out to the likes of Brady Quinn or some of the other aforementioned players in my introduction. Problem is that now that we’ve changed around our QB group, the media is flaming up about it because we did something they weren’t expecting. Now all of the sudden, the world has Carr’s back and we’re nothing short of morons for letting him go. What people don’t realize is that Carr had nothing to gain from another year in Houston as did we. Truthfully, it would’ve been the same thing over again and nobody would benefit from another year. Carr needed a fresh start with a new team and Houston needed to see someone else at QB. Carr still has great potential, but the odds of him succeeding in Houston were on the decline. He still has a good arm, is very mobile, and can be a solid QB. The only problem is that in Houston he also became rattled, locked onto WRs, and was depended on too much. And while everyone wants to blame every problem on everything else in our offense, in reality it was a little bit of both. For every time Carr was pummeled by an O Linemen for missing a block, there was another instance where he could’ve made a deeper throw downfield but dumped it off. In the end, when you think about it, everyone needed a change of scenery. Houston needs to know what another QB can do and Carr needs to know that we were what was holding his potential back. It sucks that it had to come down to what it did, but it seemed inevitable. For all the hell he’s caught in Houston, I wish him the best and hope that he finds success elsewhere.

But What About the Divine Ones Known as Vince and Reggie!!!
We didn’t draft them, get over it. Reggie fit in well in New Orleans, Vince lead the Titans to almost making the playoffs, and Mario played his ass off with an injured foot that limited him. Did we draft Reggie? No. Did we draft Vince? No. Should we of drafted either of them? That question is irrelevant. We did make a mistake to extend Carr (and McNair even admitted it), but we just did everything possible to correct that mistake as best we could. There is no point to dwelling on the ‘what ifs’ of the 2006 draft, all we can do is move forward and progress as a team. It’s understood that people will continue to focus on last year’s draft and hold it against us, but who knows what happens next year. Vince could get depended on too much and crack, Bush might not progress, and Mario could make the pro bowl. Then again, it could be the opposite. Nobody knows, that’s all in the future and its unfair comparing apples to oranges to bananas to begin with. All we need to focus on is out of all this is how our team performs as a whole, the rest will take care of itself.

What the Future Holds
Please keep in mind that a lot of my opinionated stances are based on dreaded ‘what ifs’. However, when you really think about it, everyone’s opinions are at this point. Nobody knows for certain what Schaub will do, what we could’ve done with our picks, what Atlanta will do with their picks, or anything else of this nature; and if they do, it’s a complete guess and not based on future statistics or the win column. In fact, everything to this point that everyone has said about Schaub is nothing more than sheer speculation of the unknown. The true answer is that nothing can be certain until Schaub actually plays and we truly see what has been and I hope that everyone can realize that in the end. I know that I will catch a lot of flack for this and people will also get upset and angry by reading this, I just felt it necessary to express a different view on Schaub and the state of the team than what has been published lately in the media. Take it for what it’s worth and here’s to a better 2007 season!

I swear its worth the read!! I normally keep my posts short, but whenever I write articles and detailed posts like this, I have no choice but to put serious effort and thought into it.

I swear its worth the read!! I normally keep my posts short, but whenever I write articles and detailed posts like this, I have no choice but to put serious effort and thought into it.
I meant no offense, you're a pretty good writer, I just have a short attention span

We didn’t draft them, get over it.

I wish everyone in the Country would get over it. I hate hearing about VY or RB everytime I hear the Texans mentioned in the media. :hunter:

Simplified it for my small brain

We Gave Too Much?! - compared to whats out there we did well.

Schaub vs. the 2007 NFL Draft QB Class - experince is always better and not much worth in the draft (atleast that we could acquire w/o losing a lot of other picks)

The Carr Era - Too much pain for David, broken battered etc... might do better elsewhere.

But What About the Divine Ones Known as Vince and Reggie!!! - they are not here but if they woulda whose to say they would have done as well anyway.

What the Future Holds - with what we've seen over the past few monthes who the hell knows.

I meant no offense, you're a pretty good writer, I just have a short attention span
I know you didn't, Im usually the same way with long posts, but Im biased on this one because I wrote it!

Andrew6 said:
short version, I think is Get over it, and wait and see what happens.
Short version is I basically spin whats happened the past few days in a better light and its a different take on everything. The end of the intro and the closing statement are the most important for all you lazy people.

Great post! After listening to some of the radio talk shows, it's clear that they believe the Texans are destined for doom. They should actually do their job and analyze the off-season moves and use whatever "inside" source they have to formulate an opinion.

BTW....When you were talking about McNair admitting to his mistake of extending Carr's contract, you accidently put "Adams". Otherwise, it's a tremendous post.

Great post! After listening to some of the radio talk shows, it's clear that they believe the Texans are destined for doom. They should actually do their job and analyze the off-season moves and use whatever "inside" source they have to formulate an opinion.

BTW....When you were talking about McNair admitting to his mistake of extending Carr's contract, you accidently put "Adams". Otherwise, it's a tremendous post.
Fixed it, thanks for locating the error. As for the radio talk shows saying were doomed, they were my main motivation for writing this. I'm not sure if they fear change, but I see positive steps in the right direction. Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback too, keep it up!

It wont let me give you good rep. Says I need to spread it around more.

Stop taking all the good rep lork.
I cant help it!!!

On th subject of giving up too much while trying to forecast what the future holds for Schaub, I like to look at it like this......

Imagine if we took DeMeco Ryans with the #1 overall selection in the past draft........ Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE would have been like WTF!!!!!!. But knowing now what we didn't know then, it would've made perfect sense.

Which brings me to this Schaub situation. Swapping spots in the 1st rd is no different to me than winning one of the close losses we had. And the 2nd rd this year is essentially the same as drafting a QB (it just happens to be a 3 yr NFL Vet). Next years pick?.....Who Gives a F$%@. It's called running the business and if this is what works for them the so be it.

Also, nothing draft wise from here on out is gonna be as bad as the poor decisions they made last year so i say bring on the creative draft moves to put us in a better spot to win now.

can someone summarize this for the less attentive readers?

Shut the f)(* up and give him three years. A. it was cheap...IF he reaches any kind of potentail at all it is equvilant to the Raiders seach for a QB the last six years. . B. He isn't vincent so what. C. Draft picks are marginal. We don't hit second round guys anyway.

If I am reading this right it seems to me that you are not the only person who thinks that Carr has been treated unfairly, I will miss him with all my heat. Everytime I think of the Texans I think of Carr. This is one Carr fan who will be watching him if "no, where ever" he goes

Sorry to rain on the parade Lork, but there is a MAJOR strategic flaw with your post.

First off, I agree with what you said, and suspect a high percentage of those who actually read it through will agree as well.

The tragic flaw is that your target audience is the group of people who won't read a post that long...

In our catch phrase crazy society, the one that describes your post most accurately might be "preaching to the choir". http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/preaching-to-the-choir.html

If I am reading this right it seems to me that you are not the only person who thinks that Carr has been treated unfairly, I will miss him with all my heat. Everytime I think of the Texans I think of Carr. This is one Carr fan who will be watching him if "no, where ever" he goes

Well I've been pro DC too. I really hope he gets a decent shot. I 'm willing to betcha...the new guy will get a hole lot more love in terms of tallent support than DC ever got. DC is just one more in a very long list of QBs who got thrown to the wolves by a Houston franchise. I thought it was really decent of McNair to cut him out right rather than let him twist in the wind for a low day two pick.

Good post Lork.

Schuab and what the future holds: I think it was a good trade. We gave up two 2nd rd and two spots down on 1st. that is about 1st rd 20th pick value? And, we get a QB that can start now with NFL experience( only a few but still played) and a few years to study with Falcons(watching from sideline). Therefore, it is a good trade IMO.

We should know more about this trade was in fact good or not in a year or two. Only time will tell.

REGGIE and VY: They are not TEXAN. We have Mario and I like it.

CARR: I wish him best.

GO TEXANS!!

By Brad Lorkovic

Ladies and gentlemen: make sure to keep your arms and hands inside the cart at all times and make sure you seat is secured safely because we are about to go on one hell of a roller coaster if we already haven’t. In the past few months, all us Texan fans have heard about is Brady Quinn, Carr trade rumors, Jake Plummer, and even Jeff Garcia. In spite of all the speculation and the assertiveness some fans had, just about nobody could’ve guessed what happened the other day when we traded for Matt Schaub as well as released David Carr and Domanick Williams. Since then, I don’t think I’ve seen more coverage of the Texans since exactly 1 year ago. Just like last year too, I don’t think I’ve ever found myself more defensive or annoyed with all the ignorance and unawareness then I have been the past few days. Instead of taking the time to try to understand the decisions the Texans front office is making, most choose just to take the easy route and laugh at the decisions and crack jokes. But instead of trashing them and taking the low road like they have, I have therefore taken the time to not only get you to suffer from my drawn out introduction, but to also hopefully suffer from the rest of it. So here it is my thoughts on the state of the Texans as of now, better known as Fools in the Hands of an Aggravated Texan!

We Gave Too Much?!
To start off, what better way than to discuss the Schaub trade itself. The trade is very simple, we move down 2 picks in the 1st round and give up our 2nd rounder this and next year. For the most part, the general consensus is that we paid way too much for a career backup who hasn’t proved anything (to put it nicely). However, when you think about what we are potentially getting, is it really too much to ask? When you think about it, teams sometimes spend several picks trying to find their QB of the future. For instance, the Oakland Raiders drafted Marques Tuiasosopo in 2001 as the eventual replacement to Rich Gannon. However, after a few years of showing very little improvement, Andrew Walter was drafted in the 2nd round of 2005 to end the QB situation. While it’s too early to label Walter a bust, he has shown so little in the time he’s been seen that the Raiders are considering using the 1st overall on a QB, trading for a QB, or bringing in Carr. So in the long term, did we really give up a huge amount when we could’ve ended up using more picks on QBs in the future than what we gave up?

The second part to acquiring Schaub was the tricky part. His contract is a maximum of 6 years, $48 million dollars. Most think this is way too much for Schaub, but in all reality it’s built in our favor. Over the first 3 years, he’ll make $20 million. It’s an interesting deal because it’s a two bonus deal that will pay $7 million dollars in guarantees and will pay another $10 million dollar bonus if we decide to keep his contract past year 3. In essence, it’s like the Carr deal, but we have a chance to do it right this time. So while people think this contract is ridiculously overpriced (even with the consideration that FA contracts this year have jumped up a ridiculous amount), the truth is that Schaub won’t even see half of that if he underperforms or doesn’t prove he’s worth it. So in the end, if this trade ends up not working, we don’t pay too much financially. If it does, we could actually be underpaying for a top talent at QB based on how big of a rate free agent contracts are increasing by.

Next, I feel it’s necessary to discuss Schaub himself because of all the talk surrounding how unproven he is. In essence, yes he is “unproven” because he hasn’t been through an entire NFL season as a starter. But when you think about it, what’s the bigger risk: wasting a high 1st round pick on a player who has only been comparable to mostly obsolete talent at the college level or someone who has played in the NFL and had an incredible game against one of the leagues premier teams? Yes, it’s only one game, but Schaub has played and shown serious potential in that NFL game than any college QB prospect could show in any collegiate game. Consider it less of a risk than taking someone like Brady Quinn in the crapshoot known as the NFL draft if anything. Also, most of what I’ve heard from Schaub from fans, players, several others has been better more helpful than any draft workout could ever be. He has an accurate arm, calm demeanor under pressure, great leadership, and has great size. While this could be said for draft prospects, consider this: in the combine, you get 15 minutes to ask as many questions about the player trying to figure out whatever you can. You try to gauge their personality, demeanor, character, and what type of player they are in 15 minutes before it’s on to the next guy. You can have a private workout with a certain draft prospect, but you’re so set on poking and prodding them physically that you can’t gauge them nearly as much as you could if they were already in the NFL. Kubiak on the other hand was able to ask close NFL coaching friends who were trusted and he knew for years, as well as go golfing with Schaub in a much more personal and relaxed environment. He also was able to look at what Schaub has done in the NFL, not just in college. So in the end, Kubiak was able to get a better idea of Schaub on several levels and truly figure out how big of a risk he was.

The Carr Era
During the regular season, I never saw more disregard and distaste for Carr than ever before. The media didn’t think too highly and too often compared him to Vince Young. Speculation was he was on his way out to the likes of Brady Quinn or some of the other aforementioned players in my introduction. Problem is that now that we’ve changed around our QB group, the media is flaming up about it because we did something they weren’t expecting. Now all of the sudden, the world has Carr’s back and we’re nothing short of morons for letting him go. What people don’t realize is that Carr had nothing to gain from another year in Houston as did we. Truthfully, it would’ve been the same thing over again and nobody would benefit from another year. Carr needed a fresh start with a new team and Houston needed to see someone else at QB. Carr still has great potential, but the odds of him succeeding in Houston were on the decline. He still has a good arm, is very mobile, and can be a solid QB. The only problem is that in Houston he also became rattled, locked onto WRs, and was depended on too much. And while everyone wants to blame every problem on everything else in our offense, in reality it was a little bit of both. For every time Carr was pummeled by an O Linemen for missing a block, there was another instance where he could’ve made a deeper throw downfield but dumped it off. In the end, when you think about it, everyone needed a change of scenery. Houston needs to know what another QB can do and Carr needs to know that we were what was holding his potential back. It sucks that it had to come down to what it did, but it seemed inevitable. For all the hell he’s caught in Houston, I wish him the best and hope that he finds success elsewhere.

We didn’t draft them, get over it. Reggie fit in well in New Orleans, Vince lead the Titans to almost making the playoffs, and Mario played his ass off with an injured foot that limited him. Did we draft Reggie? No. Did we draft Vince? No. Should we of drafted either of them? That question is irrelevant. We did make a mistake to extend Carr (and McNair even admitted it), but we just did everything possible to correct that mistake as best we could. There is no point to dwelling on the ‘what ifs’ of the 2006 draft, all we can do is move forward and progress as a team. It’s understood that people will continue to focus on last year’s draft and hold it against us, but who knows what happens next year. Vince could get depended on too much and crack, Bush might not progress, and Mario could make the pro bowl. Then again, it could be the opposite. Nobody knows, that’s all in the future and its unfair comparing apples to oranges to bananas to begin with. All we need to focus on is out of all this is how our team performs as a whole, the rest will take care of itself.

What the Future Holds
Please keep in mind that a lot of my opinionated stances are based on dreaded ‘what ifs’. However, when you really think about it, everyone’s opinions are at this point. Nobody knows for certain what Schaub will do, what we could’ve done with our picks, what Atlanta will do with their picks, or anything else of this nature; and if they do, it’s a complete guess and not based on future statistics or the win column. In fact, everything to this point that everyone has said about Schaub is nothing more than sheer speculation of the unknown. The true answer is that nothing can be certain until Schaub actually plays and we truly see what has been and I hope that everyone can realize that in the end. I know that I will catch a lot of flack for this and people will also get upset and angry by reading this, I just felt it necessary to express a different view on Schaub and the state of the team than what has been published lately in the media. Take it for what it’s worth and here’s to a better 2007 season!
I've had WAY too much to drink tonite to answer this post, so I will do so menana. Please stay tuned.

Shut the f)(* up and give him three years. A. it was cheap...IF he reaches any kind of potentail at all it is equvilant to the Raiders seach for a QB the last six years. . B. He isn't vincent so what. C. Draft picks are marginal. We don't hit second round guys anyway.

WOW!!! Pete, you don't often get worked up. Just remember.....IF your Aunt had balls, she'd be your Uncle.

:victory:
And Demeco's gonna kick your butt for saying that. And so's someother 2nd round pick we've chosen. The name escapes me right now, though...

By Brad Lorkovic

We Gave Too Much?!

The Carr Era

What the Future Holds

Isn't this what blogs are meant for and message boards are for people like me with A.D.D. who love short messages???:lightbulb:

I agree 100%

I have a friend emailing me an article coming ou in Street & Smiths Preview. It will hlp cure the VY fans and show what scouts and teams feelabout our new QB.

Time to move on guy...and the future is looking good:snobord:

It's obvious your just trying to stir up an alrdy empty pot....
:deadhorse

very good post & well taken/intended.

We Gave Too Much?! its not too much if it works out & if the Texans can trade down & re-aquire some picks to address needs.

thats some pretty big ifs, like if David Carr can become a better QB under Kubiak.

Schaub vs. the 2007 NFL Draft QB Class at one time he too was a 3rd round pick. I understand the time frame concept, this is key. right now, right here he is a better option, but why not wait til draft day give less & get more, maybe even Quinn could have slipped to #8. regardless he is still a projection I'll have to trust coach Kubes on this one I guess.

The Carr Era we gave Carr millions & millions of dollars, a shot to be the starting QB for five years & control his own destiny. the Texans owe him nothing more, nothing less. why fold your hand before its played I can't beleive something could not have been gained by shopping him pre-season at the worst, at the best maybe he could have turned it around, we'll never know.

But What About the Divine Ones Known as Vince and Reggie!!! while history it is, it will never be forgotton, never!!!

What the Future Holds true that :)

Great post, man.

I'd really like to see the number of draft picks teams "waste" trying to find a franchise QB. That puts a whole new light on the 2 2's.

Great post..Tried to give rep but told me to spread it around

By Brad Lorkovic

We Gave Too Much?!

These are the cold hard facts that we gave too much.

Matt Schaub 6'5" 237
cmp: 84; att: 161; yds: 1033; cmp%: 52.2; ypa: 6.42; lng: 59; td: 6; int: 6; sacks:12; rating: 69.2

Sage Rosenfels 6'4" 225
cmp: 81; att: 148; yds: 1041; cmp%: 54.7; ypa: 7.03; lng: 77; td: 9; int: 7; sacks: 4; rating: 77.6

This was what came up when I did a player search on espn.com. If I was Sage I would be on a hotline to my agent cursing him.

I wish everyone in the Country would get over it. I hate hearing about VY or RB everytime I hear the Texans mentioned in the media.

It will keep going until we start winning lots of games. Winning is the cure.

in my opinion, r.bush wouldn't have lived up to the hype if he came to houston. the same goes for v.young. the texans were complete and utter **** coming into the 2006 season.

r.bush went to orleans...who got a great coach, a decent line, and bush had a great compliment in mccalister. v.young went to a team who had a great coach, and a promising potential in team completeness (jmo). this just proves my opinion of drafting m.williams was the best move last year. the texans d the previous year was horrible.

the addition of williams and d.ryans was a great step forward last year for the texans. that's going to be a sure-shot combo for years to come. and i hate to go john madden on all of you, but "the team with the most points at the end of the game wins." r.bush and v.young couldn't stop the colts, jags, etc. from scoring more than the texans, so lat year was a great step forward.

w/ schaub, it's hard for me to believe the texans didn't overpay. in my opinion, to prove this guy isn't a schmuck, he's going to have to seriously contribute to the texans getting a winning season. 9-7 or better. if not, i would believe they overpaid. and i don't even want to know what's going to happen if he comes in and just k***'s all over the field.

Instead of taking the time to try to understand the decisions the Texans front office is making, most choose just to take the easy route and laugh at the decisions and crack jokes.

someone who has played in the NFL and had an incredible game against one of the leagues premier teams? Yes, it’s only one game, but Schaub has played and shown serious potential in that NFL game

For 5 years there has been a steady stream of posters telling us not to question the front office.

We knew the front office was making bad decisions and we were right. I can't tell you how many times I've read, "If you're so much smarter than Casserly, then why aren't YOU the GM?" The truth is that our front office ran this franchise into the ground.

Before this offseason I thought we were about 3 or 4 offseasons away from being competitive (assuming the current GM makes good decisions). Now that we've given up 2 second round picks for a backup QB, we can probably add another year onto that estimate. I'm also starting to question the current front office's ability to make good decisions.

Matt Schaub had one good game? That's awesome! So did Giff Nielson! So did Bucky Richardson! In fact most backup QBs are capable of one good game. It means nothing.

We should have used our picks to draft the most talented players available and pick up a QB in the draft the next time a good one is available (not this year). Only time will tell who's right or who's wrong, but don't tell me we can't question the front office.

For 5 years there has been a steady stream of posters telling us not to question the front office.

We knew the front office was making bad decisions and we were right. I can't tell you how many times I've read, "If you're so much smarter than Casserly, then why aren't YOU the GM?" The truth is that our front office ran this franchise into the ground.

I think your persistant "All of you were wrong, and I was right, I told you so" schtick is geeting a little old. I don't know if you've been keeping up with current events, but Casserly was let go awhile back.

Only time will tell who's right or who's wrong, but don't tell me we can't question the front office.

You certainly have the right to question to question front office moves, but don't automatically assume that just because the previous regime was a failure, then that means this one will too! You're dwelling on too much past and negative, IMO.

Lork, superior post!

I don't usually read long posts myself, but that's because most don't make the effort to make their long posts 'readable'. You took the time to separate your major points, and not run them all together. Made it seem like you actually took an English composition class in school.

Positive rep coming your way.

can someone summarize this for the less attentive readers?

We paid a lot for Schaub, BUT we would pay a lot more for a guy who might turn out to be a bust.

Forget about 2006 draft, we need to look forward. Not what if the heck out of past mistakes, Mario did a good job consdiering his injury.

These are the cold hard facts that we gave too much.

Matt Schaub 6'5" 237
cmp: 84; att: 161; yds: 1033; cmp%: 52.2; ypa: 6.42; lng: 59; td: 6; int: 6; sacks:12; rating: 69.2

Sage Rosenfels 6'4" 225
cmp: 81; att: 148; yds: 1041; cmp%: 54.7; ypa: 7.03; lng: 77; td: 9; int: 7; sacks: 4; rating: 77.6

This was what came up when I did a player search on espn.com. If I was Sage I would be on a hotline to my agent cursing him.

Talk about reaching.

I think you should refrain from bringing Madden logic into the discussion.

Oh, before I forget: Great post Lork, even if people do not agree with you (I do), the amount of effort and thought in your post is quite refreshing.

Three thumbs up, all that jazz! :)

Back