Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Florida State vs Auburn National Championship

Florida State has great athletes on defense. If any front has a chance to contain that Auburn run game it's this one.

I think Florida St is a complete team, but I don't know if they have enough to beat Auburn.

Sent from the future...

Thoughts? Should be damn closer than either one versus the Buckeyes. Will agree that it seems written that Auburn win.

Also, watching the FSU Duke game has me a little disappointed. If the projections are accurate and the Chick Fil A bowl ends up being A&M vs. Duke it'll be an easy A&M win.

FSU seems better-positioned, but Auburn has had some incredible wins and that running game is legit. It'll be an NCG with neither Alabama nor OSU in it, so I'll be satisfied no matter what.

Should be a good game to watch. I'll roll with FSU because they play some semblance of defense while Auburn doesn't seem to play much of it....at all.

Should be a good one. Auburn's run game is a juggernaut, but their defense is pretty bad. If we can slow that run game down, we should win.

Would not mind watching A&M crush Duke.

edit: bit of a surprise we got to CFA bowl. happy with the time slot though. btho duke

------------------

it's gonna be outback bowl versus iowa unless the sec enforces the rule regarding CCG loser and bowl selection.

as for NC game, I think FSU wins unless they can't handle auburn's running game. malzahn is the type of coach I don't want to have a month planning against my team though.

Last edited:
Should be a good game to watch. I'll roll with FSU because they play some semblance of defense while Auburn doesn't seem to play much of it....at all.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I think FSU is much better than a&m and made duke look worse than they are.

A&M should win, but I think it'd be a good game.

Why? Ohio State is/was a paper tiger. They never would have stood a chance against FSU. At least Auburn can make this a game, they can keep up with FSU's scoring pace.

I don't care who's in the game, I just wanted to go 1 year without a SEC team in the title game.

#1. Kelvin Benjamin. Get ready to know him by name.

#2. I dont think anyone can stop FSU's offense. AU better be able to match them point for point.

#3. Gus Malzhan is the X factor. Dude knows how to coach and I expect him to keep AU in the game.

Prediction: FSU 37 - AU - 32

#1. Kelvin Benjamin. Get ready to know him by name.

He reminds me of Calvin Johnson. Big praise I know. But he's got that same ridiculous size/speed ratio as CJ.

I'd be tempted to make him the 1st WR off the board if he came out.

He reminds me of Calvin Johnson. Big praise I know. But he's got that same ridiculous size/speed ratio as CJ.

Id easily take him as the first wr. Dude has beast written all over him.

It will probably be FSU to end the SEC-streak, but Auburn's penchant for insanity has defined their season and will likely have an effect on the game, win or lose.

I was hoping that he would come back, given that he didn't do all that much in his freshman season and he is only a RS sophomore, but his play recently makes me think he is going to come out.

Last edited:
Where are the folks that bashed and criticized Florida St. for letting of Bowden and acted like they were so wrong for letting him go the way they did? Here they are in the NC just a few years later. Good for Florida State for getting back on track.

Last edited:
Rationally speaking, FSU should win. They're the favorites.

Auburn is just having one of those seasons of destiny, though. Rationalism vs. fate...

It'll be an exciting contest, for sure. No dog in the race (I don't really care if the SEC doesn't win) and it'll make for some darn good football.

Back