Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2866f6074cb37d7311aa88464621d326-full.jpg

Oh just wait to see what happens if we lose to the Colts. Chiefs were the ones we didn't expect to beat and are riding high about but the Colts are the one we all WANT to beat. Honestly, if they lose to the Colts I don't think this board would forgive him unless by some miracle he goes into the Pats house and out coaches BB. You know something that no one has every really been able to do.

I missed the last two Texans games because where I live if the Saints or Cowboys are playing at the same time on one of the channels our Texans are also on I do not get to see them.

With that said I have to ask a question. Has Charles Omenihu gotten much burn the last two games? I think he could be a nice pass rushing addition.

If you get the NFL app on your phone or tablet, you should be able to stream the game and then cast it to your TV

Oh just wait to see what happens if we lose to the Colts. Chiefs were the ones we didn't expect to beat and are riding high about but the Colts are the one we all WANT to beat. Honestly, if they lose to the Colts I don't think this board would forgive him unless by some miracle he goes into the Pats house and out coaches BB. You know something that no one has every really been able to do.
Yep, the track record would indicate that the Texans/coaches will revert back to incompetence. I am hoping beyond hope that some profound stumbling block has been erased and that everything will be positive from here.

If you get the NFL app on your phone or tablet, you should be able to stream the game and then cast it to your TV
Thanks.
Yep, the track record would indicate that the Texans/coaches will revert back to incompetence. I am hoping beyond hope that some profound stumbling block has been erased and that everything will be positive from here.
Yes it would be nice to think our coaching staff would be competent for more than two games in a row.

The upcoming TD by the Colts will put this game out of reach. Game over. Our defense makes the Colts offense look like our offense did against a lousy Atlanta Falcons defense.

When the hell is Cal going to hire or demand O’Brien use an offensive coordinator? I know he isn’t going to fire O’Brien’s unworthy ass, but why not go after a play caller to at least get things moving on offense? Come on! Get mad Cletus!!

The only sense of urgency this team displays is when they're down 10+ pts. Otherwise Bill does his conservative play calling crap, the Texans fall into a hole and have to try to climb out of it. Just a great collection of offensive talent that is wasted by the playcaller's conservative tendencies.

@GregRajan: Deshaun Watson was sacked on third down with 3:17 left.

#Texans called timeout with 2:44 left - 33 seconds wasted there - and then decided to take the safety.

Marlon Mack stopped with 2:29 left, Bill O'Brien let the clock run to the 2-minute warning.

This is his 6th season.

#Texans called timeout with 2:44 left - 33 seconds wasted there - and then decided to take the safety.

Marlon Mack stopped with 2:29 left, Bill O'Brien let the clock run to the 2-minute warning.

This is his 6th season.
I wonder if Reich is wondering when OB will call timeout? lol

Oh well, I guess it’s not OB’s job anyway.

the biggest problem with ob is we start off slow every game. of course the refs played a factor today but calling run plays up the middle while losing and wasting the clock makes absolute no sense. I wish we could let him go mid season but we’re invested and can’t scrap a playbook just because we lost by 7 points which we should have had. we’re going to look good again, but don’t trust this team with Ob. Great coaches wouldn’t allow the refs to slow them down. We need better scripted plays and screens and such. Hate we lost but we move on with our heads high.

the biggest problem with ob is we start off slow every game. of course the refs played a factor today but calling run plays up the middle while losing and wasting the clock makes absolute no sense. I wish we could let him go mid season but we’re invested and can’t scrap a playbook just because we lost by 7 points which we should have had. we’re going to look good again, but don’t trust this team with Ob. Great coaches wouldn’t allow the refs to slow them down. We need better scripted plays and screens and such. Hate we lost but we move on with our heads high.

Without the refs help the Colts dont win.

Very simple, even with Watson having a bad game.

If the TD to Hopkins counts, we most likely win. I couldn't believe they said that wasn't a touch down and that they blew the play dead. And it didn't even prevent the hit on Watson. Early in the game it seemed like every time we made a big play, the refs threw a flag. It may not of been us against the refs, but it sure felt like it at times.

Watson doesn’t have a bad game if the refs doesn’t blow it dead. He probably wouldn’t have had 2 picks. Maybe 1 but not 2. Ob doesn’t have a counter to cover 4 defense but this lost shouldn’t be blamed on him. This was everyone including Watson. We take it, live with it and can only hope he gets better. No one came into this game predicting fuller would leave early and the refs taking a td away. Like you said if the refs doesn’t screw us, everyone is happy here but not the case today. The forum shouldn’t blow up and we can expect the same results vs the patriots a couple weeks down the line

Based on his 4 solo tackles and 1 sack through seven games? Explain the logic of your score.

Based on being one of the best by pass rush win rate and double team rate.

Also by the fact that the the Texans defense has dropped hard by hurry% and run defense.

Using traditional box score stats are a poor measure. Astros and rockets fans should know this

Watson doesn’t have a bad game if the refs doesn’t blow it dead. He probably wouldn’t have had 2 picks. Maybe 1 but not 2. Ob doesn’t have a counter to cover 4 defense but this lost shouldn’t be blamed on him. This was everyone including Watson. We take it, live with it and can only hope he gets better. No one came into this game predicting fuller would leave early and the refs taking a td away. Like you said if the refs doesn’t screw us, everyone is happy here but not the case today. The forum shouldn’t blow up and we can expect the same results vs the patriots a couple weeks down the line

Good post

There's no way to know what would've happened.

Everybody predicted WFV getting hurt at some time during the season. CnD said in the injury thread that WFV shouldn't play today.

Agreed about the MB not going crazy.

At some point the QB has to take responsibility for his mistakes.

That will never be the case for all of the Jesusincleats apologists around here.

Watson's a young inconsistent QB who had a bad game today and that had nothing to do with coaching.

Calling run plays on both drives in the last 3:30 seconds of the game is bad coaching.

When Watson has a losing season, you can make the argument about being inconsistent but that hasn’t happened yet.

Watson’s saving Ob job just like Brady at one point. As far as Ob, his team never starts off hot. These guys seem to not play with a sense of urgency until the 2nd half.

I didn’t put half the blame on him today but his conservative play calling didn’t help Deshaun at all. You have a qb that’s a winner. You don’t take the ball out his hands. He has a problem with that.

Calling run plays on both drives in the last 3:30 seconds of the game is bad coaching.

When Watson has a losing season, you can make the argument about being inconsistent but that hasn’t happened yet.

Watson’s saving Ob job just like Brady at one point. As far as Ob, his team never starts off hot. These guys seem to not play with a sense of urgency until the 2nd half.

I didn’t put half the blame on him today but his conservative play calling didn’t help Deshaun at all. You have a qb that’s a winner. You don’t take the ball out his hands. He has a problem with that.

Watson is inconsistent from game to game as you've seen this season.

Hopefully experience will help a young, still learning QB.

Per the folks at EdjSports, where I do some work and am privvy to some information, here’s what the splits look like on that fourth-and-9 play.

–Decision to punt puts the game-winning chance at 7.5%.
–Decision to go for it puts the game-winning chance at 14.5%
–Decision to take a safety puts the game-winning chance at 4.3%.

https://www.riversmccown.com/2019/10/20/four-downs-colts-30-texans-23/

This is his 6th season.

Clock management isn't on his list of responsibilities.

Per the folks at EdjSports, where I do some work and am privvy to some information, here’s what the splits look like on that fourth-and-9 play.

–Decision to punt puts the game-winning chance at 7.5%.
–Decision to go for it puts the game-winning chance at 14.5%
–Decision to take a safety puts the game-winning chance at 4.3%.

https://www.riversmccown.com/2019/10/20/four-downs-colts-30-texans-23/

What does the following do ?

-Decision to resign from coaching.

Clowney would be playing better here. His role was more important to our defense than over there in Seattle.

JD leads the league in attention given to an edge defender ie "double team percentage" and you still have geniuses who will actually try to use base statlines as indicators of worth or merit. SMH.

Yeah, if you really want the safety, by the time he took his TO, he could have let the remaining 6 seconds run off, get word in, and sail the ball over the punter so he gets 3 seconds back (dont run the end line dude!). I know people are bitching about usage of TOs after that, but in reality, instead of 1:54 there punting it would have been 2 minutes so that was wrong but not as awful. if they try and pass and throw an incompletion DW4 has a TO to work with, so I could see that as defensible, but that first TO baby, whoah. The safety did get them the ball at the 20 which makes Reich less aggressive then mid field I think, so I saw stats saying bad decision, but again, I can at least entertain that thinking, but not at the cost of a TO. Hell he should have just punched a ref, taking a half the distance but stopping everything

The Colts have the better coach. Dude didn't even flinch when Luck retired. He adapted and his team might win this division easily.

Let something happen to Watson and watch how the season unfolds.

Colts have a better rounded team, they may have a better coach as well but they definitely have a better rounded team. Texans have a good team don't get me wrong but its very one dimensional much like the Chiefs are and those dimensions are solely in their QBs. As Watson goes so goes the Texans and the same will be true for the Chiefs, don't let that Denver game fool you. There is a reason people were favoring the Colts for the SB and it wasn't just about Luck. Also people are talking about Brissett like he's chopped liver but he was drafted by BB as part of his "life after Tom Brady" plan before Brady went to Kraft and BB had to trade Brissett and Jimmy G away.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have won, we should have, but people are talking about the Colts like they were Andrew Luck and friends and they weren't, they had a lot more going for them than just Luck (no pun intended).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back